[1.7.10] Ultimate Questpack [WIP][800+ Quests][HQM][OpenWorld]

What mod would you like me to create quests for?

• Total voters

jopk

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question what is the quest in journey's first step and then amateur i have no idea what i have to do there so can anybody say it to me?

luis2431

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question what is the quest in journey's first step and then amateur i have no idea what i have to do there so can anybody say it to me?

First, you start only with that questline opened, and each time you ounlock a quest a new line of the mod is unlocked.
For example, in the first steps, there is a quest of crafting a thaumonomicon, and when you complete that quest the outlined questline of thaumcraft that was locked will unlock and you will be able to complete thaumcraft quests

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Watering can only works if you're on peaceful. Most people don't play peaceful.

Uhhh... No.

The recipe is changed to require iron but it certainly works. Additionally there is a reinforced watering can that I believe is made to be used with machines without "breaking" like the watering can used to(albeit unintentionally).

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
I just opened the quest line "Rails and Trains" and it is empty, and the on the description page it says "Bees". The quest line directly above it "Bzzz" has the description for what appears to be the rails and trains quest line but the quests are for bees. Is there an easy way to fix this or do I wait for an update?

Looks like I have done a mistake. The coke oven quest is a trigger quest instead of a reversed trigger quest, which means it is invisible. You can still complete it like normal, you just can't see it. You need 26 coke oven bricks to complete it.

Reactions: SarahinAB

jopk

Jul 29, 2019
First, you start only with that questline opened, and each time you ounlock a quest a new line of the mod is unlocked.
For example, in the first steps, there is a quest of crafting a thaumonomicon, and when you complete that quest the outlined questline of thaumcraft that was locked will unlock and you will be able to complete thaumcraft quests
no i meant the quest "amateur" i dont get that quest how it works.

TreeCubed

Jul 29, 2019
oh. well i cant run the pack and +Treecubed said ram might be an issue. i still have a good amd processor
If you have 3gigs allocated and you still have the issue then I don't know what to suggest. Its just when Minecraft exits without an error message, RAM is usually a good place to start the troubleshooting. Best of luck though.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
As well as increasing heap RAM, if you are using Java 7, you will also need to increase permgen RAM. The settings are usually in the same place.

Something else to consider: I have found that if I mess with the mods or configs, HQM tends to crash as the world is loading. I guess this is because some item mentioned in a quest or reward bag no longer exists and it doesn't handle that elegantly.

Good luck, and
KeepOnDigging!

xaph0n

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a few people have asked but I haven't seen anything recently. Any chance for a server file? Tried a few suggestions like downloading a DW20 server and replacing mods / configs, but didn't work out at all. Or does anybody have suggestions for a server HQM thats open world like this?

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a few people have asked but I haven't seen anything recently. Any chance for a server file? Tried a few suggestions like downloading a DW20 server and replacing mods / configs, but didn't work out at all. Or does anybody have suggestions for a server HQM thats open world like this?

I will be working on it for the next update.

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
Something else to consider: I have found that if I mess with the mods or configs, HQM tends to crash as the world is loading. I guess this is because some item mentioned in a quest or reward bag no longer exists and it doesn't handle that elegantly.

Good luck, and
KeepOnDigging!

I know, and that is why I have problems updating some mods. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
Just now, I installed this pack to a server by copying all the pack files to a server and deleting these client-only mods:
BetterTitleScreen-1.7.10-1.1.jar
JourneyMap5.0.1_Unlimited_MC1.7.10.jar
NotEnoughKeys-1.7.10-1.0.0b29.jar

I haven't played it much, but it seems to be working just fine.

What problems did you have with your server setup?

KeepOnDigging!

Reactions: Milo36

Vizar00

Jul 29, 2019
Is this pack going to be added to the Curse Launcher? Love the pack by the way. Like the assists learning new mods. Has the right balance, glad to see you added Iguana Tweaks.

Reactions: DrShark12

xaph0n

Jul 29, 2019
Just got back to trying different ways of setting it up. I always tried replacing files after starting the server up, so for me, with a bit of help from Digger. I was able to download a fresh dw20 server. Before starting it up I cleared out the mods folder. Copied the mods from the client folder. Removed the 3 above mods. And then start the server (be sure to accept the eula). Otherwise I was getting a myriad of errors about missing mods.

Well thats, unfortunate. Server Starts and i'm able to play but as soon as I try to eat something it kicks me out with an internal server error.

[Server thread/WARN]: Failed to handle packet for /127.0.0.1:52070
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking player
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:349) ~[mw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303) ~[nh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137) ~[jd.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer$C05PacketPlayerLook.func_148833_a(SourceFile:98) ~[jg.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) ~[ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) [lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_71011_bu()Lnet/minecraft/item/ItemStack;
at tconstruct.tools.TActiveOmniMod.updateTool(TActiveOmniMod.java:33) ~[TActiveOmniMod.class:?]
at tconstruct.library.tools.ToolCore.func_77663_a(ToolCore.java:552) ~[ToolCore.class:?]
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77945_a(ItemStack.java:381) ~[add.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.InventoryPlayer.func_70429_k(InventoryPlayer.java:311) ~[yx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70636_d(EntityPlayer.java:538) ~[yz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1611) ~[sv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:288) ~[yz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:295) ~[mw.class:?]
... 10 more
[21:06:06] [Server thread/INFO]: xaph0n lost connection: TextComponent{text='Internal server error', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}
[21:06:06] [Server thread/INFO]: xaph0n left the game

Last edited: