[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
For the Nether Wart you need lower light levels, I believe it needs to be in a dark room in 0.7.1 (possibly a bug that will be fixed in the next update but I don't remember). As for the Witchery problems do you have an Altar close enough that has enough power in it?
it is just a max of 5 blocks away from my altar wich has around 2000 power in it how much do you need for making mutantis extremis if 2000 is not enough?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
i think i found a big bug in the modpack (might be only on my side) but i can't craft anything that needs the witches couldron if i try to trow the last item in it it won't accept that final item
if anyone is wonderin i use the sphax resource pack

this are a few screenshots from in game to show you what i did
you can't see it on the picks but i trew the mutantis on the witches couldron but it did nothing what am i doing wrong?
also the last pick is soulsand with cropsticks on it to grow netherwarth but for some reason it says it is not fertile and can't grow there (also try'd placing it in the nether and it did nothing)
please help me out i wane progress ont he quests xD
A number of people have tried to help you with this but you have yet to actually listen to any of them. Mutandis Extremis requires altar power to make, so you need an altar nearby. None of your pictures suggest you have an altar, and you have not responded to any of the people who've told you need an altar already so honestly we have no idea if you have an altar nearby or not. Heck, I'm pretty sure that for all the quests which ask you to make something in the cauldron I even add up the amount of altar power you need and state it in the quest, so this likely even comes back down to RTFM.
Nether Wart needs low light levels in 0.7.1, but I'm making it grow in any/all light levels in 0.7.2, and this has been stated many times.
Sorry if I've come off a bit brusque, bit to be honest, it gets on my nerves when someone asks the same question multiple times and ignores the advice given to them.

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
A number of people have tried to help you with this but you have yet to actually listen to any of them. Mutandis Extremis requires altar power to make, so you need an altar nearby. None of your pictures suggest you have an altar, and you have not responded to any of the people who've told you need an altar already so honestly we have no idea if you have an altar nearby or not. Heck, I'm pretty sure that for all the quests which ask you to make something in the cauldron I even add up the amount of altar power you need and state it in the quest, so this likely even comes back down to RTFM.
Nether Wart needs low light levels in 0.7.1, but I'm making it grow in any/all light levels in 0.7.2, and this has been stated many times.
Sorry if I've come off a bit brusque, bit to be honest, it gets on my nerves when someone asks the same question multiple times and ignores the advice given to them.
i try'd all the things that they told me to do and i ahve a altar realy close to my witches couldron realy i have if you want i can show it in a other screenshot?
and i replied to all the messages i saw that where trying to help me
and i know that i might get anoyig but each time i posted this i try'd all the things that where told me to try

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder why the config Fill tank from flowing water for agricraft is disabled? it seems like a cool feature. Just a thought of what could be done if it was enabled. Just thinking out loud:p

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder why the config Fill tank from flowing water for agricraft is disabled? it seems like a cool feature. Just a thought of what could be done if it was enabled. Just thinking out loud:p
Because it means the tank just fills passively by having flowing water on top of it. That config is intended for scenarios with limited water availability.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Because it means the tank just fills passively by having flowing water on top of it. That config is intended for scenarios with limited water availability.

Oh, I was just think from some of the great screenshots players have posted it would have been cool to see a nice fountain, etc that was passively filling tanks. Also the tanks in the quest fill passively from what I'm guessing is moisture in the air. It was just a thought, mainly towards the cool builds that I have seen on here.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Ow, Binnie, you just made my decision exponentially harder... those are a lot of different wood pattern combinations!

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Well... I guess this is the end :/ bye guys

You may be able to save your base by making a new world then overwriting the region data in the new world with the data from your old one. I think you can copy over your player.dat to keep quest progress and inventory, too. Unless you use the same seed any new chunks generated will be generated differently, which means jarring cliffs and biome changes. MCEdit could help too. This is just a general idea, though, I don't know specifically how to do it.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Phew. Finally finished my greenhouse...s. Realized I needed 3x the room that the one I was building gave me. :D

That looks very nice.

Why do you have the U bends as the irrigation enters the buildings? Also I like those lights on the posts. What light source are those?

Cobalt_Cat

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. Its been a long time since I've checked the thread here, and if a solution to what I'm about to discuss has already been posted, then please let me know.

A long time ago, I posted this:

Hey all. I have been playing this pack for a while now, and I just decided to update to version 0.71. I went around and broke all of my crops that needed to be planted on new land (according to the changelog) and I created a backup of my world. I went and relaunched the pack with the update applied and loaded my world. All of my quests were screwed up. I used the HQM Edit OP book to restore any quests that I had completed but I noticed some bizarre "broken" quests that would not complete and update. The book said to shift-click on the quest to complete it... which I did for a while... and eventually I even tried grabbing the items in the world without the quest prompting me to see what would happen. Nothing seemed to work. This isn't that big of a deal to me, but they are worth some reputation points that I would like restored. Does anyone know of a solution yet? Should I just revert to 0.65 and restore my backup?

Here is a picture of the quest screen if this helps anyone...
View attachment 16084

Since then, I have waited (and checked in once a bit ago) to see if a solution would simply arise. I would really like to update the pack soon. Has anyone found anything on this bug yet?

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
i try'd all the things that they told me to do and i ahve a altar realy close to my witches couldron realy i have if you want i can show it in a other screenshot?
and i replied to all the messages i saw that where trying to help me
and i know that i might get anoyig but each time i posted this i try'd all the things that where told me to try

It looks like you don't have fire under it... Could that be it?

Edit: I just crashed opening a carpenter's door with the quest book in my hand! Just wanted to let you guys know :D

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
That looks very nice.

Why do you have the U bends as the irrigation enters the buildings? Also I like those lights on the posts. What light source are those?
The reason the irrigation bends is because I'm using garage doors that need a full block above them to be attached on to. As for the light sources, they're the lanterns from garden stuff.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. Its been a long time since I've checked the thread here, and if a solution to what I'm about to discuss has already been posted, then please let me know.
A long time ago, I posted this:
Since then, I have waited (and checked in once a bit ago) to see if a solution would simply arise. I would really like to update the pack soon. Has anyone found anything on this bug yet?
No known resolution to that issue, the standard solution is to completely reset your HQM book (either via an op book, or deleting your hqm players.dat file). More info here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt?dl=0

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019

i added more screenshots so that you can see that i have a altar with enough power and i reply to every message (that i see) from someone that try's to help me i even try everything out they tell me to try
but nothing works for me what they told me to do
and thank you for confirming that the nether wart needs to be in the dark

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
i added more screenshots so that you can see that i have a altar with enough power and i reply to every message (that i see) from someone that try's to help me i even try everything out they tell me to try

Are you waiting for the water to boil also try just leaving the mutantis on top for a little while.

Cobalt_Cat

Jul 29, 2019
No known resolution to that issue, the standard solution is to completely reset your HQM book (either via an op book, or deleting your hqm players.dat file). More info here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt?dl=0
Alright. I will take the time to reset my quests. To be honest, I was really hoping to avoid the struggle. Oh well... Thank you for the information. If anyone finds an easier way before tomorrow (probably when I'm going to work on the upgrade), please let me know.

TelaniousVander

Jul 29, 2019

I can't tell from the screenshots... are you putting 3 buckets of water into the cauldron and waiting for it to boil before you start adding ingredients?