[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
I have been looking at ways to add some spice to the world. In the past I played Crash Landing and it had two key things I loved, Ruins and decimated cities. Now I have been looking and I think I found a way to add some spice into the plane old world we get right now: The Ruins Mod. The mod spawns POI's into the world as the player explores. The POI's can be made from templates, it is pretty cool really as it would all some variety to the wastes.

There is also the Wasteland Mod but I am not to sure about it. It allows the creation of destroyed cities...but I am less sure of how it generates things and what it entails. I also know there are a couple ruined city biome mods out there, but time has a way of making things hard to find. I will keep looking. But for now I think the Ruins mod could make for a more interesting experience.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I have been looking at ways to add some spice to the world. In the past I played Crash Landing and it had two key things I loved, Ruins and decimated cities. Now I have been looking and I think I found a way to add some spice into the plane old world we get right now: The Ruins Mod. The mod spawns POI's into the world as the player explores. The POI's can be made from templates, it is pretty cool really as it would all some variety to the wastes.

There is also the Wasteland Mod but I am not to sure about it. It allows the creation of destroyed cities...but I am less sure of how it generates things and what it entails. I also know there are a couple ruined city biome mods out there, but time has a way of making things hard to find. I will keep looking. But for now I think the Ruins mod could make for a more interesting experience.
Ruins is in the pack, though I forget what exactly it's being used for. link

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps a tweak to Ruins from the gods later....?

Perhaps, one of my largest grips, and not with this pack but with MC in general, is that it is so...empty. Sure you have vast lands that go on for nearly forever. But there is very little in them...there is no sense of life. The same could be inferred to this pack as there is no sense of death or ruin. Sure we are in a perpetual wasteland...but the story sounds like there were others...yet there are no signs of others. Like you just washed up on shore and are the only thing to be there.

I don't know it has always been one of my may gripe about MC. I like the game, but modders have focused on tech and processing and very few have touched on that idea that the world should be a little more alive...or desolate. Know what I am saying?

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone ever come up with a use for or a solution to the enchanted books given as a reward beside decoration?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
anyone having trouble trying to start a server?
[9.3] [v0.7.1 only] ServerStart.bat file won't launch the server: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ljoshie/enchiridion/wiki/gui/GuiMain;
[BUG] You can either remove the Enchiridion 2 mod from the server, or update config/enchiridion/enchiridion2.cfg and set "Disable Autodiscovery"=false.

Bloodroot

Jul 29, 2019
i cant find woodits all dead HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings. If you have the quest book, the first few quests should guide you through what you need to do. Step one is punching a lot of dead trees and some rocks to get what you need to build tools. The recipes are explained in the quest book, they are different than the usual ones. Eventually you'll get real trees and real wood, but in the beginning you'll need to follow the directions in the first few quests.

Reactions: RehabOholic

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone point me to the post where opening the Lexica causes CTD? (I'm sure it's already been discussed, I just can't find it)