[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Anbaric

Jul 29, 2019
Not that, I'm glad the beds don't explode. Not using them will take some getting re-used to (I used to play BTW exclusively, so my mindset is "when dark, go underground and mine or craft"), but not bad at all.

What I mean is that I was hoping the Dimension building mechanic would play a greater role in the pack, and make it a bit more story based. I mean, Other than the 5 or so quests on the first page, is there even a reason to go back to the Pathfinder? I was setting all my stuff up on First so that it would be easy enough to pack up and take to the next dimension for the next round of quests that required a new dimension and some creative arranging of dimlets.

Now I feel like it was a waste of time; I'm just playing normal modded survival with a shopping list of a quest-line that is really just taking me where the mods themselves would eventually anyway, but with additional handicaps like a quarter the inventory room for the first part, and pseudo-boons like reward bags that are only giving me useless dimlets anyway..

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Not that, I'm glad the beds don't explode. Not using them will take some getting re-used to (I used to play BTW exclusively, so my mindset is "when dark, go underground and mine or craft"), but not bad at all.

What I mean is that I was hoping the Dimension building mechanic would play a greater role in the pack, and make it a bit more story based. I mean, Other than the 5 or so quests on the first page, is there even a reason to go back to the Pathfinder? I was setting all my stuff up on First so that it would be easy enough to pack up and take to the next dimension for the next round of quests that required a new dimension and some creative arranging of dimlets.

Now I feel like it was a waste of time; I'm just playing normal modded survival with a shopping list of a quest-line that is really just taking me where the mods themselves would eventually anyway, but with additional handicaps like a quarter the inventory room for the first part.

Ah, you still cannot sleep. The beds don't explode but you cannot skip the night currently. I haven't actually found out how to fix real sleeping in rftools dimensions.

You actually have to create more dimensions later for quests.

sobi

Jul 29, 2019
I think removing EMC from diamonds was a bad idea... reealy bad. Red matter and dark matter have no EMC so if u want to make a pickaxe u have to quarry some terrain... soo i hate this update. (U could lower the EMC of dim sards not deleting them..)

etpu

Jul 29, 2019
I have exactly the same error when the server starts. Tried and Linux and windows operating system.
version 1.0.2

At version 1.0.1 run normally.

zepanv

Jul 29, 2019
Also when connecting to lan game after 102 update it seems player files were reset, the host is fine but when I went through the whole death and appeared on the ship ala the first time. Lost all inventory and achievements. Peaceful mode didn't stick and my scripts didn't load yet again.

Roxforbraynz

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into a HUGE, HUGE problem with 1.0.2.

The Gem of Eternal Density, when set to a now EMC-less item like Diamonds or Gold, produces an INFINITE amount of each of those items. I nearly crashed my game and had to go into creative to clean up the mess. These items NEED an EMC value for the GoED, otherwise it gets crazy and is very easy to crash the game. If anything, remove the EMC from Dimlets and Dimensional Shards. I ran into a small vein of Dimensional shards with a fortune tinker's pick and got 31 from them, giving me roughly 15 million EMC. I've also noticed a few Dimelts with crazy EMC values as well.

EDIT: Ignore my insane ramblings, I just noticed you DID remove Dimensional Shard's EMC. But still, gold, diamonds, dark matter and red matter need EMC values, otherwise the GoED will flip out. It's also worth noting that the recipies to make diamond and gold with the Philosopher's Stone still exist, so removing the EMC value alone just caused problems with certain items.

I'd also like to note that since the EMC of a lot of useful materials got removed, I'm now a resource-less bum again. I kept all my materials as EMC and now I can't retrieve them. T_T Mined out most of my first world's spawn too.

Last edited:
Reactions: buggirlexpres

etpu

Jul 29, 2019
Confirm
Also when connecting to lan game after 102 update it seems player files were reset, the host is fine but when I went through the whole death and appeared on the ship ala the first time. Lost all inventory and achievements. Peaceful mode didn't stick and my scripts didn't load yet again.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Please remove update checking on next version(looking at the CoFH mods) and if possible, update them since you know... RC versions.... important stuff getting fixed.

Also, beds are configured to do nothing. Is this intended? I thought we would be able to set spawn...

Last edited:

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour Since the update to 1.0.2 I have had 3 Dimlets that I had researched change to say the following:

Something is Wrong
Dimlet with key mtile.ore.Cobalt (id 370) is missing

Something is Wrong
Dimlet with key mtile.ore.Ardite (id 368) is missing

Something is Wrong
Dimlet with key mtile.ore.Aluminium (id 367) is missing

Were these changes meant to be implemented?

Platoonsgt1

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to tell what materials the clockwork pickaxe can mine? (from the clockwork phase mod)
I've posted this on their FTB mod page, with no response so far.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Please remove update checking on next version(looking at the CoFH mods) and if possible, update them since you know... RC versions.... important stuff getting fixed.

Also, beds are configured to do nothing. Is this intended? I thought we would be able to set spawn...

Gideon decided for now to keep the default rftools setting which is to not explode. We'll see if we change this in the future though.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour Since the update to 1.0.2 I have had 3 Dimlets that I had researched change to say the following:

Something is Wrong

Something is Wrong

Something is Wrong

Also got the unknown dimlets.... My fortress with ID 158 just went unknown :(

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com

Something is Wrong

Something is Wrong

Something is Wrong

Gideon can probably clarify but in the tinkers construct config I find:

B:"Generate Cobalt and Ardite"=false

fowlj

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/TrFjbH5M

I saw that the new version fixes an RFtools crash, so that might be this, but I don't know how to read the log, so I figured I should send it in.

Crash happened entering a world with standard terrain, purple sky, yellow fog, canyons, lakes of nutrient liquid, the digit 8 dimlet, and the Health Boost II effect. The world before that was made with all those dimlets except the Health Boost, and had no issue.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/TrFjbH5M

I saw that the new version fixes an RFtools crash, so that might be this, but I don't know how to read the log, so I figured I should send it in.

Crash happened entering a world with standard terrain, purple sky, yellow fog, canyons, lakes of nutrient liquid, the digit 8 dimlet, and the Health Boost II effect. The world before that was made with all those dimlets except the Health Boost, and had no issue.

Can you open the dimension tab for that dimension in your hand and then do shift-right click. Then copy/paste all information you get to here. Thanks

fowlj

Jul 29, 2019
Can you open the dimension tab for that dimension in your hand and then do shift-right click. Then copy/paste all information you get to here. Thanks

Can't open the world - gives the following log: http://pastebin.com/rYVLMB2c

Is there a way I could try to force my character back onto the Pathfinder?

Still on 1.01 mind, could try updating.