[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, this modpack is considered a Modded CTM. CTMs have been around in vanilla for a long time. Go check out some of Vech's Super Hostile series. Even FTB's first "pack" was a CTM style map (the pyramid challenge), albeit not really an adventure based one. Since HQM's creation, we've had an insanely good way to actually track our objectives in game. I think HQM is what makes these CTMs really shine. parcel31u has done a great job with the ME series. It's amazing how high quality ME4 was at time of release.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, this modpack is considered a Modded CTM. CTMs have been around in vanilla for a long time. Go check out some of Vech's Super Hostile series. Even FTB's first "pack" was a CTM style map (the pyramid challenge), albeit not really an adventure based one. Since HQM's creation, we've had an insanely good way to actually track our objectives in game. I think HQM is what makes these CTMs really shine. parcel31u has done a great job with the ME series. It's amazing how high quality ME4 was at time of release.

Ahem. "I didn't know mod packs like this existed.."
This is more or less the first modded version of that type of map.

4rticdemoN

Jul 29, 2019
This map is amazing, but I have a question:

So, my friend and I started ME4 not so long ago and we got to the point where we have to grow universal seeds using fluxed crystals. As the universal seed seed wasn't growing, even after adding "dimensionWhitelist":1 to the config files, i updated the mod. I tried it in creative and a glowstone seed grow without problem. But the universal seed seed doesn't seems to be growing, even after a long time. The soil is powered and there is light. I tried adding "dimensionWhitelist":1 to the new config files without success. So, what is the correct way to use fluxed crystal in the current version of ME4?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
This map is amazing, but I have a question:

So, my friend and I started ME4 not so long ago and we got to the point where we have to grow universal seeds using fluxed crystals. As the universal seed seed wasn't growing, even after adding "dimensionWhitelist":1 to the config files, i updated the mod. I tried it in creative and a glowstone seed grow without problem. But the universal seed seed doesn't seems to be growing, even after a long time. The soil is powered and there is light. I tried adding "dimensionWhitelist":1 to the new config files without success. So, what is the correct way to use fluxed crystal in the current version of ME4?

The version in the latest version of the pack is all kinds of buggy. Try manually adding the newest version of FC.
It's mechanics are a bit differant. It drops the farm manager entirely making you power each block of powered soil individually. And upgrades have to be applied individually too.

4rticdemoN

Jul 29, 2019
The version in the latest version of the pack is all kinds of buggy. Try manually adding the newest version of FC.
It's mechanics are a bit differant. It drops the farm manager entirely making you power each block of powered soil individually. And upgrades have to be applied individually too.

I already updated it manually, but i wasn't powering each soil block separatly, thinking the would share the energy! So thanks a lot!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I already updated it manually, but i wasn't powering each soil block separatly, thinking the would share the energy! So thanks a lot!

It would be nice if they could share but that would probably cause more lag than one would desire.

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Redstone Meltdown was a bust. I found a bunch of chests, but I don't think I made a net gain on cookies. Still working on the Community cubes though.

There is one chest that is more hidden than the rest, and (IIRC) it contains octuple-compressed cookies.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of missing the octo comp cookies in redstone meltdown...

I just leave my ender quarry with speed III upgrade, world hole upgrade, and silk touch upgrade along with the ender markers set up on the roof of the spatial incubator. I have the items outputing to a tiny ME system which is just a an ME interface to receive items from the quarry, a drive with 2 64k disks and 6 16k disks, an ME terminal to see what loots I've got, and a dense power cell. After I clear each area and feel that I've found most all the secrets, I clear the drives (dump into my main system with liberal voiding of crap) and break and replace the quarry. I like this because I don't miss anything but I still get the challenge of playing the areas straight up first.

The quarry is powered by the 20 64x solar generators I got from a legendary reward bag; controlled by SFM (the mod a lot of folks seem to love to hate) but I hate and suck at vanilla redstone.

Tatasa

Jul 29, 2019
Where did you get a computer so good that you can run that pack with shaders and no lag!?
I ordered my parts from alternate.de 2years ago for 860 € ;) build youself your pc its cheaper , better an you can costumoze it how u want

ccrraazzyyman

Jul 29, 2019
So what in the world does Bio Alchemy do when you drink it? It took a ton of time and power and I want to know what it does before I drink it. I cannot get it to appear in a test world to actually test the bloody thing because it's not a default minechem item.

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
So what in the world does Bio Alchemy do when you drink it? It took a ton of time and power and I want to know what it does before I drink it. I cannot get it to appear in a test world to actually test the bloody thing because it's not a default minechem item.

Bio Alchemy gives Regeneration II (2:00), Strength II (2:00), Speed III (2:00), Haste II (1:30), Jump Boost II (1:30), Health Boost VI (2:00), Resistance II (1:30).

Bio Modifier gives Regeneration I (1:30), Strength I (0:50), Speed II (1:30), Haste I (1:30), Jump Boost I (1:30), Health Boost III (1:30), Resistance I (1:30).

Erythropoietin gives Regeneration I (0:30).

Caffeine gives Speed II (1:30), Haste I (1:30), Jump Boost II (1:30).

Epinephrine gives Health Boost III (1:30).

Symbicort gives Fire Resistance II (2:00), Water Breathinh II (2:00).

Lexapro gives Invisibility II (2:00).

Oxycodone gives Health Boost V (2:00).

Way2muchnoisium gives Haste III (1:30), Resistance I (1:30)

Last edited:

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
How did you set up your cocoa bean farm? I still need lots for the compressed minechem element quest.

DW20 set up a pretty OP Cocoa bean farm using SFM. I've seen people using EnderIO farming stations. As is my cocoa farm is out performing my wheat farm somethng close to 4 to 1...probably more honestly. I'm hoping the reinforced watering in an autonomous activator will speed up the wheat farm enough to keep pace.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 set up a pretty OP Cocoa bean farm using SFM. I've seen people using EnderIO farming stations. As is my cocoa farm is out performing my wheat farm somethng close to 4 to 1...probably more honestly. I'm hoping the reinforced watering in an autonomous activator will speed up the wheat farm enough to keep pace.

You might want to make a small legendary rewards bag farm in a 3*3 aria then. I've got half a dozen reinforced watering cans from them and another half in souls.

Ash6390

Jul 29, 2019
How can I get slimy leaves? I have been trying for ages.
Also I am at the Inclusion Chamber^4, I found two of the presses, where do I get the others?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
AE presses:
One under the stairs by the trees, one under the trees chamber with all the cursed earth, one to the right chamber from center, and one 2 or so levels down in the stack of rooms to the right of the entrance.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I finally finished clearing out the community special areas. Specifically, just completed FrightNight. I must say, I enjoyed the large amounts of enemies, I enjoy the challenge. However, I think the rewards are a bit too OP. Here's all the metal blocks I have, a large part of came from The Tormented and FrightNight. Take note of the 50 Adamantite, 92 Atlarus, 83 Soularium and 54 Tartarite blocks, among others.

Attachments

• 2015-03-13_23.29.02.png
    2015-03-13_23.29.02.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 49