Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
mfr laser drill with yellow focus. it will pay the big reactor yelloirum used to power the laser drill and add sulfur and glowstone ?

I have built one of those with 4 -5 focus to get yellorium, I don't run it though as I have not commissioned my turbine (and I was concered that the power used would be excessive, so I built a deep dark miner with 64 mining wells instead) , I am waiting to see if the problems with the computer code that I ran into are fixed by Dire, I do have a diamond chest of yellorium and the deep dark provides just about all the minerals I could never use. It is really a little frustrating that I have plenty of redstone, ender pearls, can get as many blaze rods as I need, I am nearing 1000 diamonds even though I used diamond blocks in my reactor, I mined the nether and have plenty of nether quartz but glowstone is hard to come by (what I really mean is I have to go out to get it rather than build something to bring it to me in vast quantities).

I did do a MFR witch spawner and that only produced about a stack of glowstone in a full MC day with wand of equal exchange I will probably get 8 - 10 stacks in that time.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I read on the Biomes o plenty wiki that passive mob spawn rate are different biome from biome, however in the config folder I didn't found any option to increase or normalize the spawn rate.

This question is because I still have to find a damn chicken or sheep xD
I usually find chickens in Jungle Biomes (or similar) and sheep in plains biomes (or similar), however, this is based off of 1.6 info, as I would never willingly use BoP, which means I haven't really experienced it other than having to venture through a few BoP biomes in Infinity.

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
I usually find chickens in Jungle Biomes (or similar) and sheep in plains biomes (or similar), however, this is based off of 1.6 info, as I would never willingly use BoP, which means I haven't really experienced it other than having to venture through a few BoP biomes in Infinity.

Which biome controller do you use? I'm currently testing Realistc Wolrd Generation by Ted which however uses a biome controller and shapes it better.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I read on the Biomes o plenty wiki that passive mob spawn rate are different biome from biome, however in the config folder I didn't found any option to increase or normalize the spawn rate.

This question is because I still have to find a damn chicken or sheep xD

Is that the mod pack with the huge number of ducks that look like chickens with yellow beaks? I think JadedCat had something to do with that, she drops by from time to time so hopefully you'll get some help (I think naming her makes it more likely she will see the post, sorry JadedCat if I remembered wrong)

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
Is that the mod pack with the huge number of ducks that look like chickens with yellow beaks? I think JadedCat had something to do with that, she drops by from time to time so hopefully you'll get some help (I think naming her makes it more likely she will see the post, sorry JadedCat if I remembered wrong)

Nope is a custom modpack I am building for my own. There are no mods that modify the passive mobs spawning mechanics except for DrZhaks which adds new mobs.

Edit: To jordsta, it shouldn't be RWG as nobody reported something like this on it's github and there is no mentioning about mobs control.

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
I am making a custom modpack and I have a few questions related to it

I have been hearing people say that the configs for iguana tweaks in material energy ^4 is op compared to the regular, if yes could someone please explain how so.

I have another question based on the tinkers long bows and crossbows. In my testing I found no difference damage wise and the only differences were in the draw speed, and whether or not you can pick up arrows/bolts after shooting them. In this, the crossbow had a longer draw speed and I was able to pick up the bolts but not arrows. Another difference was that the crossbow was auto draw. I tested all of this with blue slime crossbows and longbows. I was wondering which is better and what are the best bows and arrows/bolts you can have with them.

My last question is not relevant to tinkers, but I was wondering how can I compile my mod pack and send it to my friends who will also be playing with it. I was thinking something along the lines of multi mc and sending them a rar file so they can unzip it into an instance. That is not a very practical idea I was wondering if any of you have any better ideas on how to distribute the modpack.

I can also give the modpack to some of you guys if you want to play on it as I am hosting a server and there arent too many people playing.

Thank you all in advance :)!!

Baron

Jul 29, 2019
How do I know if UUID is enable on my FTB Infinity 1.1.0 server? I heard that if its not working properly it can cause problems in the future plus I might use bungeecord sooon.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019

I have been hearing people say that the configs for iguana tweaks in material energy ^4 is op compared to the regular, if yes could someone please explain how so.

I am using ME^4 iguana tweaks in my infinity world, with my crossbow I can one shot the wither.

aO0bphC.png

I have a question: building a frame quarry with BC mining wells. I want it to have no problems with lava, how would I do that.

I was thinking of using pumps next to the BC mining wells but what pump moves as fast as a mining well?

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019

I have another question based on the tinkers long bows and crossbows. In my testing I found no difference damage wise and the only differences were in the draw speed, and whether or not you can pick up arrows/bolts after shooting them. In this, the crossbow had a longer draw speed and I was able to pick up the bolts but not arrows. Another difference was that the crossbow was auto draw. I tested all of this with blue slime crossbows and longbows. I was wondering which is better and what are the best bows and arrows/bolts you can have with them.

My last question is not relevant to tinkers, but I was wondering how can I compile my mod pack and send it to my friends who will also be playing with it. I was thinking something along the lines of multi mc and sending them a rar file so they can unzip it into an instance. That is not a very practical idea I was wondering if any of you have any better ideas on how to distribute the modpack.

I can also give the modpack to some of you guys if you want to play on it as I am hosting a server and there arent too many people playing.

I added the iguana tweaks config from me4 and had an all stone pick from tinkers that could mine obsidian faster than a diamond pick in vanilla. It constantly leveled up because I only need to mine 170 blocks or so and I could repair it with cobble in my inventory while out manual mining.

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Where does the smart block picking in DW20 come from? In survival, if you hover over a block and middle-click it'll pull the same block from the inventory into the current hotbar slot.
I'm missing this behavior in Infinity.

As far as I can tell, the InvTweaks configs are identical.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question: building a frame quarry with BC mining wells. I want it to have no problems with lava, how would I do that.

I was thinking of using pumps next to the BC mining wells but what pump moves as fast as a mining well?

Hrmmm, I think I have tried every liquid pump in the game, now its time to get creative...

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How much did you use your crowsbow to get to that level?

And do you have any experience with long bows being that good?

Quite a bit, but even now it levels up after 100 kills. If you have a decent mob farm then that takes no time at all.

Assuming a crossbow with 0.25s shoot cap @ 100 kills per level you'd hit level 50 in about 20 minutes of constant shooting if my math is correct. (I doubt it is correct)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
How do I know if UUID is enable on my FTB Infinity 1.1.0 server? I heard that if its not working properly it can cause problems in the future plus I might use bungeecord sooon.
If the server is in online mode, you should have no issues :)

Best way to check - Go into a single player world, use a thaumonomicon cheat sheet, then take your player.dat and put it in the server's player data folder (you may want to remove the current one if you have been on before). Then log in, check the thaumonicon (don't use the cheat sheet), if all research is there, you have it enabled.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone competent at coding know how to check if a variable is defined and if not to just set it equal to 1? I have tried

Code:
If (var name) = nil then (var name) = 1

but that doesn't work.

Edit: nvm got it working. I see what I did wrong. I had to put it "equal to" instead of just "equal" ... == vs =.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019

Not sure if ME4 has set the configs to lvl 99 tools + every level modifier but thats what you can do in the configs -> 99 rnd modifiers yo uget from lvl up + 99 modifiers you can choose yourself

OP some 1 and you should see the uuid in the op.json i think its always active in the properties! but be warned the uuid is different for everone depending on the server being an *online* server of *offline* server in the config