[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Alright... just wasted a netherstar to notice, that "Unbreaking X" doesn't mean, the tool will never break. Lost my axe in the chopper of Progressive Automation.

In this case: We need some vanilla-tools for the machines with normal durability (or some that are really "unbreakable", the enchant doesn't seem to work this way :( ) or the machines are pretty useless. :/

[Edit]
Or anyone knows if the gem-axes (Sapphire, ruby and such) work in the machines of the mod?
(Was not lucky to find any gems yet, so couldn't try that out)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to put a TiCon stone axe into a stone chopper and it works just fine.

What kind of axe did you put in?
I tried to put in my wooden axe which had already redstone on it from leveling, and it wasn't possible.
Do they have to be build like "normal" tools, so wooden toolrod and the head like the machine accepts (stone for stone-chopper e.g.)?

JohnOC

Jul 29, 2019
I made a stone axe head, and a wooden tool rod, combined them in the tool station, and put it straight into the Tree Chopper without using it. It is happily planting and harvesting. Though saplings planted by the chopper seem to take *forever* to grow.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I made a stone axe head, and a wooden tool rod, combined them in the tool station, and put it straight into the Tree Chopper without using it. It is happily planting and harvesting. Though saplings planted by the chopper seem to take *forever* to grow.

Thank's, will try that. Hope it works for iron, too.
Only problem left, I guess, would be the diamond-tools then. No diamonds for Tinkers' Construct tool-heads. ^^

[edit]
About the slow growth: I think putting many upgrades inside helps with that.
More sapling -> more chance one of them grows. (I have at the moment the range on 24 and it works okay'ish. You really need many upgrades before you can craft these netherstar-upgrades x.x)

---

Ah, just remembered, that the ender-io farming-station uses vanilla-tools too.. and you need hoes for it and the planter-machine of progressive automation. So could still be alot of trouble with the low-durability-tools :/
Especially since you can make enchants works with the machines, but as soon as the tinkers' construct tools have metadata on them, the machines seems to not accept them anymore.

Last edited:

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I noticed that when eating my 16 apples it eventually toke me 3mins to eat 1 apple it was horrible.
That happened to me too. I found it funny. It's like when you eat a bologna sandwich everyday, eventually I find it hard to even lift it to my face even when I'm really hungry. Its happened to me once when I misappropriated food budget for video games.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, have to check with Gideon but because the overworld can't be accessed I think the Nether is off-limits too.

But note that with RFTools you can actually make nether-like dimensions.

You can get to the overworld. By going through the deep dark. But there is nothing there.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I had a little time after my usual recording session and I looked at the Quest book and thought to myself, why the hell not do a voice over to it? And a short time after here (- Dropbox Link -) is the result. Have fun and maybe one day, I'll get started on the pack myself.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the pack after problems caused by me not reading the quest book properly!!
I put the dimlets in the wrong order! got a lava sea world and I knew it should be normal gen. So I restarted and got my normal world - right in the middle of an ocean! thought I'd messed up again till I put the chunks on max view and made out some spruce mountains. Took me quite a while to realise why food was taking ages to eat, lols, thought it was some strange lag!

Reactions: buggirlexpres

scourge728

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if this is a problem with rf or the modpack but I have the temporal form ability assigned to s (I use arrow keys) and when I press it nothing happened, I tried changing the assigned button and still nothing, I even tried making a new clockwork pick using entirely temporal gears (I spawned em though because I was annoyed) and still nothing so yeah that breaks the io quest but other then that so far the modpack works great, nice concept and loved the references to other things (prince of Persia and running red for example)

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
having given the pack a second chance i am enjoying it. however, i dont think it is necessary to ask for a resonant version of something instead of a basic version. Do you intend that players grind materials for said version? If so then thats kind of stupid. one more thing that bugged me was having to play "ag roulette" when cross breeding seeds. seriously, having to cross-breed wheat with barley for two different seeds? Not fun.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
having given the pack a second chance i am enjoying it. however, i dont think it is necessary to ask for a resonant version of something instead of a basic version. Do you intend that players grind materials for said version? If so then thats kind of stupid. one more thing that bugged me was having to play "ag roulette" when cross breeding seeds. seriously, having to cross-breed wheat with barley for two different seeds? Not fun.
Basic Versions will satisfy the quests.

SaltyPudding

Jul 29, 2019
That Pulverizer quest finished for me - just making the basic one. I think it is just worded as resonant in the quest. Just a tip.

MrNainFauxMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I'm French.I have a problem with this !
It does not want that connect,I play in my server in version 1.0.1 and i have actived easy difficulty.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
hrm... alright, I take back that progressive automation machines don't work with tinkers' construct tools. Actually it seems they work fine with them, as long as you don't give them upgrades the machines don't like.
Was just super-unlucky with my choice of "Try to see if it works" *sigh*
Sorry about that. :(

As little hint for these people who were a bit lost with that, too:
The machines seems to only check for the repair-material, so the head-piece of the tool. So you could make a stone-head, obsidian-rod for reinforced for unbreaking-bonus.