[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
We are having a problem crafting the Terrain Void Dimlet for the EXCALIBUR quest. my son puts in the ingredients in a crafting table, sees the item to pull out but it won't come out. I tried the same recipe and I put the ingredients in the crafting table but do not see the dimlet. The other dimlet crafted fine.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
This, in my testing, happened when I ran out of memory for the game. The lack of memory probably has something to do with Worldgen, so I guess I could summon @McJty to take a look at it.

Not exactly sure what I co do about that. I would at least need more information like what type of world it is (shift-right click with realized tab in hand). But there is nothing rftools related in that crashlog.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
We are having a problem crafting the Terrain Void Dimlet for the EXCALIBUR quest. my son puts in the ingredients in a crafting table, sees the item to pull out but it won't come out. I tried the same recipe and I put the ingredients in the crafting table but do not see the dimlet. The other dimlet crafted fine.

This is a problem with the modtweaker scripts seemingly unloading themselves. Try typing "/mt reload" without the quotes and if that doesn't work, quit and restart.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
hrm... alright, I take back that progressive automation machines don't work with tinkers' construct tools. Actually it seems they work fine with them, as long as you don't give them upgrades the machines don't like.
Was just super-unlucky with my choice of "Try to see if it works" *sigh*
Sorry about that. :(

As little hint for these people who were a bit lost with that, too:
The machines seems to only check for the repair-material, so the head-piece of the tool. So you could make a stone-head, obsidian-rod for reinforced for unbreaking-bonus.

Not yet playing this pack as I'm waiting on my roomate, but progressive automation requires tools to be of a certain level for them to be useable and obeys tconstruct harvest levels. Wooden tconstruct tools are probably too low to use in the first tier machine.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
As some others had mentioned, at the part where I need to make a Universal Seed and I cannot find a way to get Nether Wart to grow. I made some Soul Sand with Blaze Powder and Sand as NEI showed, plopped it on the ground, can't plant the Nether Wart on it. No problem, put an AgriCraft Crop on it, now the Netherwart plants but the tip shows that it is not able to grow there. I've tried moving it around - out in the sun, by water, underground, etc. - all with no luck. How do you get Netherwart to grow? Gotta make those potions :)

DeadLiner

Jul 29, 2019
I'm at the same point and found out you can grow nether wart on "Garden Soil" from Ztones. It doesn't work with crops and isn't fast but at least it's growing.

GlitchGaming

Jul 29, 2019
any one else having trouble getting seeds? it said use a stick and a bowl with dirt to get seeds...I cannot get it to work

FireVentus

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like tinkers' construct tools made from substances with bad names (fluid.ore.molten) can't be repaired, like platinum and nickel. Please help.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
On the second chapter, the quest for the irrigation stuff asks on the second task for the irrigation tank and irrigation channel. On the third task it asks again for the irrigation channel.
I am assuming its supposed to ask for an irrigation sprinkler, right?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday a strange thing appened to me.

The indication of RF amount of all machines is replace by 'ERROR'.

I am the only one to find that tree grow super slowly ?

After a while I suffer from lag spike and my FPS fall to 5-10 (normal is 50-60).

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Tree grow is nerfed my hunger overhaul. Just plant 4x more trees to 'compensate' and after you start getting the first trees, just replant every one you take down and you will not notice much difference.

Fossphur

Jul 29, 2019
I've come across a weird issue, after making a lot of progress on the mining/ores side of the Bellerophon quest I noticed the recipes for certain items had gone wrong again. I logged out of my friend's shared game, went back to single player to get the recipes right, then logged back in. Now all my progress on Bellerophon has been lost! I still have the same progress listed for Voyager. We still seem to be in the same party and everything so I can't work out why the progress is missing. On top of this, I am unable to re-complete the quests I've already done, ie I have a piece of iron ore as required by the Hera quest, but I can't turn the quest in and manual detect doesn't do anything either. I think the game correctly detects that I have done the quest and won't let me do it twice but it is not showing up as being completed any more; this seems to mean I will be unable to progress. My friend/party member's quest book still shows the correct progress. I tried searching the thread for answers but didn't uncover anything - does any one have any ideas?

Ruler_of_cakes

Jul 29, 2019
On the first Dimension you create, is the time flowing fast, or is it just me?
It seems it turns into nighttime quite quickly, and the Hardcore Darkness is just so annoying... It would be a better experience if nighttime was back to normal.
If it's just me, then well I'll have to figure out what's wrong with my brain =P

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
On the first Dimension you create, is the time flowing fast, or is it just me?
It seems it turns into nighttime quite quickly, and the Hardcore Darkness is just so annoying... It would be a better experience if nighttime was back to normal.
If it's just me, then well I'll have to figure out what's wrong with my brain =P

The flow of time in a dimension can be controlled with the right dimlets but when you create your first world you don't have these dimlets yet. So what you get with time is pretty much random.

Ruler_of_cakes

Jul 29, 2019
The flow of time in a dimension can be controlled with the right dimlets but when you create your first world you don't have these dimlets yet. So what you get with time is pretty much random.
I knew that you could control the time flow with time dimlets, but I didn't know that if you didn't put any time dimlets in, time gets randomized =P
Thanks for your help, I guess I could put some use to my other dimlets...

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I knew that you could control the time flow with time dimlets, but I didn't know that if you didn't put any time dimlets in, time gets randomized =P
Thanks for your help, I guess I could put some use to my other dimlets...

Basically in RFTools the idea is that any feature that you don't specify with a dimlet can be randomized. As soon as you specify a random feature of a certain type (say time, or biome, or celestial body, ...) then that specific feature will no longer be randomized.

That's also why the 'None' and 'Default' dimlets are often useful. These dimlets don't specifically add any feature but they prevent random generation from unwanted feature (like the 'Effects None' dimlet you get at the start).