[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Is a normal a generated dimension(that is, with the 3 dimlets all in the right place) not have any lava at all?

I digged way down to level 5 or 6 and jorneyMap cave mode was almost pitch black! That is, no lava pockets, caves, nothing with the exception of two small generated dungeon structures that had a a couple lava source blocks. Are we supposed to only get lava from a magma crucible/specific dimlets or is this an unintended world generation?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Next version of RFTools will (by default) no longer have exploding beds. However, the beds will still not be functional. I haven't really found a way yet to make beds work for real.

I'm still considering what to do, but anything I do will be dependent on McJty's progress on it.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Jty.

Well, I dont care so much for sleeping(although being able to reset rain would be nice). My biggest concern is being able to set spawn.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
In the next version of RFTools @Gideonseymour will also be able to decide what he does with respawning. It will be possible to say that people should respawn in the rftools dimension (has to be tested well first though). So when you die you will no longer return to the ship in that case (if that's what gideon decides to do). It will be a possibility at least.

Reactions: Pyure

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Is a normal a generated dimension(that is, with the 3 dimlets all in the right place) not have any lava at all?

I digged way down to level 5 or 6 and jorneyMap cave mode was almost pitch black! That is, no lava pockets, caves, nothing with the exception of two small generated dungeon structures that had a a couple lava source blocks. Are we supposed to only get lava from a magma crucible/specific dimlets or is this an unintended world generation?
It's probably some random dimension thing. Even with the starter set up the world generated probably won't be 100% like basic generation just because undefined variables. The magma crucible is probably a fail safe in this case.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019

I had this same issue and ended up going through the Pulverizer and Magma Crucible quests before I unlocked them in order to complete the TiCo smeltery related quests because I simply could not get any lava. Tip for that - look into making Blaze Rods (there's a bowl-based recipe for them in NEI) as 4 of those convert into lava for a lot less RF than a piece of cobblestone. That said, I have since found lava in the 'crater' things that have obsidian, netherrack, and soul sand in them, but it isn't a lot of lava, and I've only found those in my 3rd and 4th created worlds so far.

Kaiasha

Jul 29, 2019
So, Quick question, How do I unlock my inventory? Having it all grayed out makes things incredibly awkward.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
There is a point in the quests where you will make a device called a "Manganese Space Activator" which will unlock your slots.

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that both the inventory is locked AND stack sizes for blocks like cobble are limited to 16. Makes hunting for resources nothing but constant trips back and forth or thousands of entities left on ground till they de-spawn. One or the other would probably be better or at least have cobble be 32 a stack instead of just 16.

Reactions: egor66

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

I had same issue so made random worlds until I got easy to find lava, in my case I made a yellowrite ore world & it had some lava

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
How does one find nether wart other than generating random dimensions and hoping for a fortress (or finding the dimlet)?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows a good way of pumping liquids (other than water) into tanks?
Not sure if the enderthermic-pump can pump anything besides lava and well... I just made me a dimension with oceans of liquid gold xD

Small Town Crafters

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if the enderthermic-pump can pump anything besides lava and well... I just made me a dimension with oceans of liquid gold xD
It does pump the gold :D I hooked it up to liquid conduits and those go and make gold blocks for me completely automated

Reactions: Nezraddin

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

As far as I know it pumps any liquid I have used it for oil in other packs, so unless its configed to only this or that your fine for all liquids.

Reactions: Nezraddin

roykinn

Jul 29, 2019
Question,

From what I can tell this modpack is made to be played on peaceful, I'm on my first generated world and have made the tinkers stations and am looking at the next quest to build these two machines. One machine requires Ender Pearls, how does one obtain enderpearls if the pack is set to peaceful?

What am I missing here?