[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea why the MT scripts aren't consistently loading. Peaceful mode is forced in the script, but, when it doesn't load, mobs are able to spawn.

Ohhhh, that explains a lot! I'd assumed that there were meant to be mobs and so hadn't experienced the pack properly yet. Now I know that it was just the first time it was borked.
I'd kinda stopped playing cos I felt cheaty, so I'm glad to hear it's meant to be like that! Although, come to think of it, arriving in my first dimension, in the middle of the night, surrounded by tons of monsters, and struggling to get enough food to get by... yeah it kinda makes sense that monsters are off!

Thanks for responding!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
one question guys...for this pack(and generally for 1.7.10 pack) is still preferred java 7?
Since forge fixed his issue with Java 8 a couple months ago, Java 8 works perfectly and in my opinion should be the recommended since it has a much more optimized memory management system.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
One more for you @McJty...

Once I right click on my dialer, game crashes... Not sure if related, but I had a flux-plated conduit between the dialer and a survivalist generator and I removed it with a pickaxe. After that, I right click the dialer with the pick... crash.

Tried again(I have a backup right before the crash) but this time didnt used the tinkers ferrous pick, no problems at all!

Crash log:
http://pastebin.com/hqJhJj3t

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
One more for you @McJty...

Once I right click on my dialer, game crashes... Not sure if related, but I had a flux-plated conduit between the dialer and a survivalist generator and I removed it with a pickaxe. After that, I right click the dialer with the pick... crash.

Tried again(I have a backup right before the crash) but this time didnt used the tinkers ferrous pick, no problems at all!

Crash log:
http://pastebin.com/hqJhJj3t

I've seen exactly this error reported by someone else using this modpack but when doing something else entirely. So I am not sure this is actually related to RFTools at all. Especially since the stacktrace contains nothing that is part of rftools.
Not sure what would cause this however.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
yeah... I totally understand!

At the beginning, I thought it was the conduit. Later I thought it was something even more strange, since I though it was happening when I pressed escape to leave the Dialer GUI. Now I noticed that it actually crashed after opening the GUI. It opens the GUI, game freezes a little and then crashes. The other times I always opened the GUI and pressed escape immediately, so I never notice the game was already in "crash faze".

If it helps you, I can get you the world right before this happens, if you can somehow impersonate me in the game so you would be in the same situation that I am when I crash it

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report:
If you have multiple manganese activators in your inventory and you right-click the manganese space matrix, it consumes all activators but only yields one trophy.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So.... some questions about RFtools and the pack...

To start, what is the difference between a Dimension Builder and a Creative Dimension Builder? Does the latest not consume power to keep dimension alive?

Can I move my matter receivers? That is, can I pick the matter receiver in the dimension I created and move it to my base instead of being in the middel of the ocean? And, after doing that, do I need to reconfigure the dialer device that linked the transmitter with the receiver or he kinda knows where I move it?

Could I just take down all the stuff in my ship and just move everything to my base at the new dimension and not care about the ship anymore or I might have later quests that make me go there? (on first chapter, I am on the Excalibur quest) Kinda annoying having some stuff in the ship, replicate some in the base... having to take care of energy problems on both side.... I wanted to just forget the damn ship where I lived for so many years and just enjoy the fresh air without ever having to go back to the ship....

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
So.... some questions about RFtools and the pack...

To start, what is the difference between a Dimension Builder and a Creative Dimension Builder? Does the latest not consume power to keep dimension alive?

Can I move my matter receivers? That is, can I pick the matter receiver in the dimension I created and move it to my base instead of being in the middel of the ocean? And, after doing that, do I need to reconfigure the dialer device that linked the transmitter with the receiver or he kinda knows where I move it?

Could I just take down all the stuff in my ship and just move everything to my base at the new dimension and not care about the ship anymore or I might have later quests that make me go there? (on first chapter, I am on the Excalibur quest) Kinda annoying having some stuff in the ship, replicate some in the base... having to take care of energy problems on both side.... I wanted to just forget the damn ship where I lived for so many years and just enjoy the fresh air without ever having to go back to the ship....

In a normal modpack (i.e. not Pathfinder) the difference is that the Creative Dimension Builder has infinite power and simply sends all power it has constantly to the dimension (the dimension still consumes power). In addition the creative dimension builder can also build dimensions instantly. No creation time cost is applied. Note that even with a Creative Dimension Builder the dimension itself consumes power. Not sure how Gideon did it in Pathfinder but I am assuming he either chunkloads the creative dimension builder in the ship (to ensure it keeps sending power) or else tweaked the configs so that the power consumption is gone.

Yes, you can move the receiver with no problem. The dialer will pick up the new location automatically (that's a relatively new fix in RFTools).

I have no idea if the ship will be important in the future and I also don't know if you can easily move your stuff there.
One thing to be careful about though. If you die you will respawn in the ship. So if you don't have a way back to your world from there (i.e. a matter transmitter) then you are stuck forever on that ship. Goodbye fresh air!

Raveren

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen exactly this error reported by someone else using this modpack but when doing something else entirely. So I am not sure this is actually related to RFTools at all. Especially since the stacktrace contains nothing that is part of rftools.
Not sure what would cause this however.

Yesterday I've got the same problem. I've landed on a new world, realized that I've forgot my stuff, so I've got some energy going and tried to return to my ship. I've moved my dialer into another place, so it won't steal power from my still-going generator, placed it into a world, and right clicked it. I crashed with "Ticking Memory Connection". Restarted MC, tried again. Same error. On third take I wanted to move my dialer into another place but I landed onto Infamous Desert Of Doom. Talked a lot with Gideon on the irc and tried lots of ways to fix it. As it seems, all of my RF worlds are somewhat corrupted and cannot be accessed (even the ship). When I try using dialer on the desert it just shows up "Invalid Destination". When I tried to die on this desert, I've crashed aswell. I could make another dimension and teleport into it easily though.

Now the fun part begins. There's a high possibility I've clicked dialer with pickaxe aswell, as I've used it to move the dialer in first place. My friend crashed his world a few hours before me (landed onto desert aswell), and he says that there's a possibility that he used pickaxe aswell, because he wanted to take survivalist generator soon (He was checking how much power was into transmitter, then he got crash)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Yesterday I've got the same problem. I've landed on a new world, realized that I've forgot my stuff, so I've got some energy going and tried to return to my ship. I've moved my dialer into another place, so it won't steal power from my still-going generator, placed it into a world, and right clicked it. I crashed with "Ticking Memory Connection". Restarted MC, tried again. Same error. On third take I wanted to move my dialer into another place but I landed onto Infamous Desert Of Doom. Talked a lot with Gideon on the irc and tried lots of ways to fix it. As it seems, all of my RF worlds are somewhat corrupted and cannot be accessed (even the ship). When I try using dialer on the desert it just shows up "Invalid Destination". When I tried to die on this desert, I've crashed aswell. I could make another dimension and teleport into it easily though.

Now the fun part begins. There's a high possibility I've clicked dialer with pickaxe aswell, as I've used it to move the dialer in first place. My friend crashed his world a few hours before me (landed onto desert aswell), and he says that there's a possibility that he used pickaxe aswell, because he wanted to take survivalist generator soon (He was checking how much power was into transmitter, then he got crash)

The fact that all existing dimensions are no longer accessible is a known bug in rftools 2.55 which is going to be fixed in 2.60.
The problem is that when you are in single player *and* something crashes (no matter what, doesn't even have to be rftools) there is a small chance that it 'forgets' about all rftools dimensions. They are in fact still there but you can no longer access them. This is fixable though. The best way to fix this is if you have a backup then copy the <world>/data/RFToolsDimensionManager.dat from the backup to your world. That should restore the old dimensions (and remove any new ones you added later).

Another way is to do a manual recover of every single dimension in game. For that to work you need to hold the realized dimension tab in your hand (which will say that the dimension information is missing in its tooltip) and then type /rftdim recover. This should restore the dimension so that it can be used again.

2.60 should completely fix this problem. I plan to release 2.60 in a few days.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
In a normal modpack (i.e. not Pathfinder) the difference is that the Creative Dimension Builder has infinite power and simply sends all power it has constantly to the dimension (the dimension still consumes power). In addition the creative dimension builder can also build dimensions instantly. No creation time cost is applied. Note that even with a Creative Dimension Builder the dimension itself consumes power. Not sure how Gideon did it in Pathfinder but I am assuming he either chunkloads the creative dimension builder in the ship (to ensure it keeps sending power) or else tweaked the configs so that the power consumption is gone.

Yes, you can move the receiver with no problem. The dialer will pick up the new location automatically (that's a relatively new fix in RFTools).

I have no idea if the ship will be important in the future and I also don't know if you can easily move your stuff there.
One thing to be careful about though. If you die you will respawn in the ship. So if you don't have a way back to your world from there (i.e. a matter transmitter) then you are stuck forever on that ship. Goodbye fresh air!

I tottaly forgot about the spawn detail!!!! That is why I would like sleep to be disabled if we are not supposed to sleep. That way, I think you could set spawn without beds exploding. If that doesnt work, then yeah... Gydeon let us sleep so we can set spawn (and also stop the rain :p)

Yes, also got the Desert of Doom one of the times. So happy I made a backup before it crashed!!! About the pick, it would not be the first time Tinkers picks crashes games when right clicking on other stuff. It might not even be related with what we are right clicking but instead what is on the slot next to the picker, since the pick tries to use it.... Now I will have to reload the backup and see what I have there :p

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
I have confirmed several things:
  1. Sleeping bags don't explode, but they don't switch the dimension to day either. Useless info generally, but might be useful for creation of a custom bed system so I thought I should share that.
  2. Carpenter beds also explode and beds in general should definitely quickly be disabled on the grounds that they are basically cheap TNT or a really bad firestarter XD.
  3. The rate of at which fish bite in this pack makes fishing a viable way to spend the night since it doesn't drain too much hunger and you get at least enough fish for the next day or two. Just remember to light your fishing area so you can see the floater/bobber/whateverIdon'tfishmuch thingie.
  4. Lighting a path to a nearby mine/quarry is also a viable usage of your night time. Jack up the brightness to make torches brighter, this won't increase range,but makes mining at night easier on the eyes overall.
  5. Filled clay buckets can't be converted to fresh milk/fresh water. I don't know if that's on purpose though since they work for all the other recipes.

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows which chests do count as "Dungeon"-chests? (for finding nether-warts)
Are the chest in the created houses considered dungeon-chests, too or do I need to find one of these vanilla-dungeons with spawners inside? (always confused me when I look into NEI and see these chest-loot-tables)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
It seems like tinkers' construct tools made from substances with bad names (fluid.ore.molten) can't be repaired, like platinum and nickel. Please help.
I'll look into it. I don't know why that would happen.
On the second chapter, the quest for the irrigation stuff asks on the second task for the irrigation tank and irrigation channel. On the third task it asks again for the irrigation channel.
I am assuming its supposed to ask for an irrigation sprinkler, right?
Yup, I'll fix that in the next update.
I've come across a weird issue, after making a lot of progress on the mining/ores side of the Bellerophon quest I noticed the recipes for certain items had gone wrong again. I logged out of my friend's shared game, went back to single player to get the recipes right, then logged back in. Now all my progress on Bellerophon has been lost! I still have the same progress listed for Voyager. We still seem to be in the same party and everything so I can't work out why the progress is missing. On top of this, I am unable to re-complete the quests I've already done, ie I have a piece of iron ore as required by the Hera quest, but I can't turn the quest in and manual detect doesn't do anything either. I think the game correctly detects that I have done the quest and won't let me do it twice but it is not showing up as being completed any more; this seems to mean I will be unable to progress. My friend/party member's quest book still shows the correct progress. I tried searching the thread for answers but didn't uncover anything - does any one have any ideas?
Try doing "/hqm edit" and completing the quests with that.
Bug report:
If you have multiple manganese activators in your inventory and you right-click the manganese space matrix, it consumes all activators but only yields one trophy.
Noted in the quests, if they had been read. I haven't been able to find a way around it.

Some other notes:
I'm looking into the Nether Wart not planting, and I will be adding a way to obtain them.
As well, I will be updating to RFTools 2.60 as soon as it is out to prevent the Desert of Doom. I'll also put a pre-dialed transmitter in the desert, just in case.

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows which chests do count as "Dungeon"-chests? (for finding nether-warts)
Are the chest in the created houses considered dungeon-chests, too or do I need to find one of these vanilla-dungeons with spawners inside? (always confused me when I look into NEI and see these chest-loot-tables)
Loot chest tables are kind of world gen structure based. You might find specific types of loot in different structures. Dimlets/rf stuff can be found in those metallic looking houses. I found general things like food,coal etc. in a wooden house. I haven't found any nether wart , but one would think that requires a nether structure based on the concept.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour And about beds exploding, allowing/disabling sleep, being able to spawn at a different spot?

What are your thoughts about it? I cant remember reading anything from you about it....

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
@Gideonseymour And about beds exploding, allowing/disabling sleep, being able to spawn at a different spot?

What are your thoughts about it? I cant remember reading anything from you about it....

Next version of RFTools will (by default) no longer have exploding beds. However, the beds will still not be functional. I haven't really found a way yet to make beds work for real.