[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Great modpack! Love everything in it (RFTools <3) besides Spice of Life (I've disabled diminishing returns option - just hate it...) What about adding Draconic Evolution? :D
I'm looking into Draconic Evolution.

Also, a note about Spice of Life: The diminishing returns only affects saturation. It never impacts the hunger value of foods for this pack.

Kami

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into an issue where I can not teleport back to the ship from my world. I made sure that the ship wasn't out of energy by dieing and replacing the cell with a creative cell since the ship plays such a huge part in this pack. Teleported back to the 1st planet no problem, but still can't teleport to the ship. I get the message "receiver too far to highlight" when I try to link to the Pathfinder. Had to switch packs to stream since I can't do anything else with this pack until I can figure out what the problem is.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Ran into an issue where I can not teleport back to the ship from my world. I made sure that the ship wasn't out of energy by dieing and replacing the cell with a creative cell since the ship plays such a huge part in this pack. Teleported back to the 1st planet no problem, but still can't teleport to the ship. I get the message "receiver too far to highlight" when I try to link to the Pathfinder. Had to switch packs to stream since I can't do anything else with this pack until I can figure out what the problem is.
Can you provide the log/screenshots of both ends?

Kami

Jul 29, 2019
Can you provide the log/screenshots of both ends?
You'll have to give me a couple hours to go do that (when my stream ends). Streaming atm and can't really go do stuff like that, doesn't make for very interesting content watching me type posts and take screen shots. =P

Reactions: buggirlexpres

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com

Receiver too far too hilight means you are not using it right. You are using the doubleclick feature to hilight a receiver that is near you.

You need to dial a transmitter to a receiver (select both a transmitter and receiver in the dialing device and hit the 'dial' button).

Do not doubleclick. That's another feature.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Picture from planet side showing the power, dialing device, receiver and transmitter.
http://prntscr.com/6fije4

All machines full power.
Receiver, http://prntscr.com/6fik9q
Dialing Device, http://prntscr.com/6fikhg
Transmitter, http://prntscr.com/6fil4c

Couldn't teleport to ship.
http://prntscr.com/6fip9y
http://prntscr.com/6fiprh

Killed myself to get back.
http://prntscr.com/6filvi
Side note: For some reason "Questing mode is already activated." gets spammed infinitely in chat while your dead.
http://prntscr.com/6fima3

Creative Capacitor Bank powering ship, no problem connecting/teleporting.
http://prntscr.com/6fio50

Teleported to Planet1 with no problems.
http://prntscr.com/6fiong
Side note: Seems to spam "Questing mode is already activated." while teleporting too.

Again. Can't teleport back. Thus can't transfer items, thus can't use ship. So I have to move all ships devices to planet and hope that new dimensions can be connected back to Planet1 without this same issue?
http://prntscr.com/6fiprh

Did you see my reply? You are using the dialing device wrong. Do not doubleclick.

Kami

Jul 29, 2019
Did you see my reply? You are using the dialing device wrong. Do not doubleclick.

Yea, posted as you replied so I deleted it after I tested that and it worked lol. Guess its just me being stupid and not using the mod correctly.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Is it okay to play this modpack out of Peaceful mode, or does it break some of the quests? I find the lack of mobs somewhat boring :( Other than that awesome modpack so far, I like how the inventory + stacks are limited, actually makes you think about what stuff you have with you when doing stuff like mining or farming, unlike traditional modpacks.

Edit: I noticed AE2 isn't in, is there another alternative for logistics in this pack?

Last edited:

johnq

Jul 29, 2019
When I run this on a server using the server zip file from FTB, you fell out of the world when you first log in. which is not that bad but you lose the quest book :)

[10:57:23] [Server thread/INFO]: jslanina[/204.186.110.97:56629] logged in with entity id 1 at (11.0, 56.0, 1.0)
[10:57:23] [Server thread/INFO]: jslanina joined the game
[10:57:53] [Server thread/INFO]: jslanina fell out of the world

Kami

Jul 29, 2019
When I run this on a server using the server zip file from FTB, you fell out of the world when you first log in. which is not that bad but you lose the quest book :)

[10:57:23] [Server thread/INFO]: jslanina[/204.186.110.97:56629] logged in with entity id 1 at (11.0, 56.0, 1.0)
[10:57:23] [Server thread/INFO]: jslanina joined the game
[10:57:53] [Server thread/INFO]: jslanina fell out of the world

There's like 5 extra quest books in a chest in the next room.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh, I'm already seeing a balance issue in this pack. ProjectE is in it and it doesn't really seem to have been modified to be an end-game mod (for those who don't know, ProjectE is basically an updated EE2 which as most people know is insanely overpowered), also the Dimensional shards are worth 500'000 EMC, are relatively common (more so than diamond) and drop 2-3 per ore... lol
I think I'm going to find myself in full red matter armor before completing half of the quests :p

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh, I'm already seeing a balance issue in this pack. ProjectE is in it and it doesn't really seem to have been modified to be an end-game mod (for those who don't know, ProjectE is basically an updated EE2 which as most people know is insanely overpowered), also the Dimensional shards are worth 500'000 EMC, are relatively common (more so than diamond) and drop 2-3 per ore... lol
I think I'm going to find myself in full red matter armor before completing half of the quests :p

Well, that's why I try to avoid using anything but the philosopher's stone this time (as far as possible)
Took myself pretty much all the fun with the last modpack where I used projectE too much. ^^"

Kami

Jul 29, 2019

I noticed that too, but the recipes have been modified a bit it seems, you need red/dark matter before you can even make a table, so you need to work pretty hard to get to that point. The time you would take to find/mine all the diamonds/coal for that would be crazy long, if you spend that time to get that far in the first place, you kind of deserve it.

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
It is feature, that after stepping on, matter transmitter instantly use 100000 RF and after that it will use about 30000 another RF ? Why to have such buffer, when half of it is instantly lost with every activation ?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Hi, loving the pack so far but for some reason when breeding my sugar canes to improve its stats all I get are 1/1/1 seeds while things like wheat, potato and barley are getting the sat increases...
IIRC, stats do no transfer across soils, to prevent certain exploits in regards to speeding up the growth to 10/10/10 (e.x. transferring 10/10/10 to rice, because there's no chance of the sugar can spreading to soil)
Is it okay to play this modpack out of Peaceful mode, or does it break some of the quests? I find the lack of mobs somewhat boring :( Other than that awesome modpack so far, I like how the inventory + stacks are limited, actually makes you think about what stuff you have with you when doing stuff like mining or farming, unlike traditional modpacks.

Edit: I noticed AE2 isn't in, is there another alternative for logistics in this pack?
Try the RFTools Storage Scanner, and you can play it out of peaceful.
You've seen the transmutation table/energy condenser recipes, right?

As for the EMC - I'm attempting to keep shared EMC values across all of the Phoenix Team packs.
It is feature, that after stepping on, matter transmitter instantly use 100000 RF and after that it will use about 30000 another RF ? Why to have such buffer, when half of it is instantly lost with every activation ?
You've got to look out for your power in some manner.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that too, but the recipes have been modified a bit it seems, you need red/dark matter before you can even make a table, so you need to work pretty hard to get to that point. The time you would take to find/mine all the diamonds/coal for that would be crazy long, if you spend that time to get that far in the first place, you kind of deserve it.
Oh, I didn't see that. I worked it out and turns out you need 64 stacks of coal to make the dark matter. One stack being 32 coal of course. The 4 diamond blocks are easy enough to get though, Divining rod OP.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Raveren

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how to finish "Galaxy" quest in first chapter. It requires me to go to Sol Dimension -> How can I get there?