[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I find the changelog to version 1.0.1 ?
Like 1-2 pages before....

Code:
* Fix Alloy Smelter Quest
* Fixed Location Quests having too big of a radius
* Fixed Loot Tables
* Updated Trophy Slots, fixes Steve's Workshop crash
* Updated Scripts. Currently, peaceful is just enforced via the default options file until the MTAddon is updated to fix the bug
* Scripts should now consistently load
* Fixed messed up Reputation Requirement for the second part of Liberty

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Zernonia

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering what items you are after.. There are probably other ways to get them. Did you check NEI?

I've check NEI, most of the mob drop are able to craft. Example like quartz, soul sand,wart and glowstone I believe only obtainable from Nether, or dimension-liked nether.

Raveren

Jul 29, 2019
I've check NEI, most of the mob drop are able to craft. Example like quartz, soul sand,wart and glowstone I believe only obtainable from Nether, or dimension-liked nether.

You can get soulsand from the meteor-craters thingys, same with netherrack. As for glowstone - you always get 2 glowstone blocks on your starting platform in a new world :p

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Gideon, thank you for the pack; it's clear you and the Phoenix team spent a lot of time working on it. I look forward to playing through it.

For the launcher error quoted above, it looks like you were able to resolve the problem very quickly. But, several other modpacks (Ferret, UltQuestpack, MBoT, etc) have been having that error for the last 7 days or so, preventing all downloads of updated content. Is there something behind the curtain that you could point those modpack creators to resolve the issue like you did for Pathfinder? :)
I don't know, I just waited. I assumed since it couldn't find the file it was still syncing, so I waited before asking Watchful about it. Lo and behold, it had synced.
Tried restart my client several times and seems that clockwork phase mod's quest ( creating mainstring ) does not complete eventhough I created and upgraded the string. BUG?
Probably. Use /hqm edit to get past that quest.
Would it be possible to use Minetweaker to oredict them and then have HQM check based off the oredict entry? That's my thought for a possible workaround for the issue, no idea if it works.
That is a good idea, I'll do that for the next version.
Anyone knows how to get item in the nether? I tried building a portal at my first dimension and it wont ignite. Or maybe I should try build a portal in my spaceship :O . Or create a nether dimension will be recommended?

and I really had a hard time searching for Lapis, maybe because of random world gen but seriously I found none.
Nether things, such as Quartz and Glowstone, will spawn in Netherrack. You just need to find a Netherrack dimlet.

Blaze Rods are craftable, as well is Soul Sand.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I figured out how to change bed behaviour. In the next version of RFTools (2.60) there will be three options:
  • 0: do nothing (this will be default and is also what happens in Mystcraft I believe)
  • 1: explode
  • 2: try to sleep if the dimension allows it.

The last one is a bit more complicated. Depending on the dimension sleeping may not be possible. If you happen to have a dimension with eternal night for example then sleeping will not do much.
I'm sure to implement 0 and 1 and see if 2 is also possible.

BTW, it is up to @Gideonseymour to select the option he wants for his modpack. If we wants all of you to explode then that's his choice :)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out how to change bed behaviour. In the next version of RFTools (2.60) there will be three options:
  • 0: do nothing (this will be default and is also what happens in Mystcraft I believe)
  • 1: explode
  • 2: try to sleep if the dimension allows it.

The last one is a bit more complicated. Depending on the dimension sleeping may not be possible. If you happen to have a dimension with eternal night for example then sleeping will not do much.
I'm sure to implement 0 and 1 and see if 2 is also possible.

BTW, it is up to @Gideonseymour to select the option he wants for his modpack. If we wants all of you to explode then that's his choice :)
I believe beds will also explode if the biome is Hell, so beds will still explode in 'netherish' worlds.
That is why, if Gideon does not want people sleeping, I would recommend just disabling the sleep in Iguana Tweaks. This way, you cant try to sleep, so bad things dont happen by mistake.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I believe beds will also explode if the biome is Hell, so beds will still explode in 'netherish' worlds.
That is why, if Gideon does not want people sleeping, I would recommend just disabling the sleep in Iguana Tweaks. This way, you cant try to sleep, so bad things dont happen by mistake.

Not the way I'm going to do it. I'm overriding the default behaviour that occurs when right-clicking a bed. If I'm in a RFTools dimension I go to my own code (which does not check for biome at all), otherwise I simply use the standard code.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Not the way I'm going to do it. I'm overriding the default behaviour that occurs when right-clicking a bed. If I'm in a RFTools dimension I go to my own code (which does not check for biome at all), otherwise I simply use the standard code.
Ok, nice then. I just said that coz I remember on @Lumaceon pack, when the biome was stwitched to Hell with the AE dimension thingy, beds would explode if I tried to sleep on the hell biome while still in the overworld.

Sparklepire

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, loving the pack so far but for some reason when breeding my sugar canes to improve its stats all I get are 1/1/1 seeds while things like wheat, potato and barley are getting the sat increases...

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Some thoughts about the future option to allow sleeping in RFTools dimension. If that option is selected one has to be aware that sleeping is a global event (over all dimensions) and is actually tied to the overworld. So (I haven't tested this yet) I guess that sleeping will make sure it is no longer night in the overworld (which you cannot access in this modpack). If you have a dimension where the time is synced with the overworld (which is often the case) then that will be good. However, if you have a dimension where time goes faster or slower you might stop sleeping at any seemingly arbitrary point in time as daytime in the rftools dimension may not correspond to daytime in the overworld.

I'm going to play with this later. One thing I could do is to only allow sleeping if you are in an RFTools dimension that actually has synced time with the overworld and otherwise simply do nothing.

mustian

Jul 29, 2019
One of my next quests in line involves the crafting of universal seeds, which need an awkward potion. Is there an "easy" way of getting nether warts? Or do I have to wait until I find a Fortress-Dimlet-thingy?

Saeko

Jul 29, 2019
One of my next quests in line involves the crafting of universal seeds, which need an awkward potion. Is there an "easy" way of getting nether warts? Or do I have to wait until I find a Fortress-Dimlet-thingy?
You can find nether warts in dungeons and soulsand in craters.

Also I noticed that vanilla torches' recipe had been nerfed but TiCon torches' recipe still gives x4 torches. Is that on purpose ?

sobi

Jul 29, 2019
Great modpack! Love everything in it (RFTools <3) besides Spice of Life (I've disabled diminishing returns option - just hate it...) What about adding Draconic Evolution? :D

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, I sooo love these clockwork-structure-things which appeared in the first dimension you make.
Is that a structure-dimlet, too, or are they generated only randomly?
(would love to make a world where everywhere these giant clockworks could be found :) )

Last edited: