Werewolf - Murder at Monocon!

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Time for math. I have decided.
All the roles are used except the werewolf roles. There is at least one regular wolf, leaving the possibility of a single special wolf.

Thirteen players entered this game, with all roles in use. At this point, we have in the game...
  • Two Werewolves
  • One dead Investigator
  • Two powered CROST
    • One Unicorn
    • One Wasp
  • Four powered Villagers
    • One Aristocrat
    • One Muscle Man
    • One Medium
    • One Adulterer
  • Four Chaps/Indentity Theives
If/when the Adulterer makes his move, we'll have one less villager and one more CROST.

The only other thing we know for sure is that @the_j485 is either a chap or an identity thief, because he joined after all roles were filled.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well, if the other three chaps would kindly come forward, assuming they're telling the truth, we can get this going a lot better. And I still don't fully understand your maths, even if everyone else seems to :p

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not willing to reveal my role in public this early in the game, and I think anyone else would be crazy to do so. However, while I still find a bit of the_j's actions to be suspicious...they aren't really that different from how any game starts, so it's not really a strong feeling for me.

Because of this, I vote for chbachman for the reasons I stated earlier.

After this night, I'm going to be PMing a few people for discussions to hopefully get some details moving...

Though, since all of the roles are powered...everyone has a vital (albeit some a bit less than others) role and thus a target for the baddies...

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
And I still don't fully understand your maths, even if everyone else seems to :p

Oh, I probably should have explained where I got the numbers from. I was going off of the list of roles at the start of this thread, which gave me the number of special people on team Villager and CROST.

@goreae mentioned that there were two wolves in the first post. The dead investigator was an easy find. The four chaps are just the people left over after the others were added up.

C

chbachman

Because of this, I vote for chbachman for the reasons I stated earlier.

I still don't get why you think that I can't think for myself. I have a life outside of this game. You were the only one who seemed to have any reasonable suspicion towards his name, and I wanted to get a vote early in case I was not able to make it the rest of the day. I never locked my vote. Also, I defended my position, which indicates that I can think for myself, even if I am a newbie at this game. Take a look at the rest of the people who joined me in voting. Almost none of them have said anything to support themselves, which means that they have no defense. (This is not a shot against those people, just an example.)

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Made it past first night! I'm not worthy! In fact I'm so not worthy that I vote for Not_Steve

Reactions: Shazam08

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
It was a long day. All of the chaps decided to stick together in the lobby, but something felt off. A pair of eyes were burning into the back of everyone's respective necks. It was the wolf plushie that totally didn't foreshadow future events at all! It was just sitting there, passing judgements, deciding who looked tastiest. Ever so slowly, that innocent smile started looking like a devilish grin. When everyone was at the point of snapping, several people leaped up at once, took the plushie and ripped it to pieces. Could these events be foreshadowing? Could the chaps kill all of the wolves before they get devoured? Filled with hope, everyone went back to their rooms for the night.

Then, a horrifying scream came from SleepyScumbag's room. Everyone rushed in to investigate, only to find scumbag standing outside the room, shivering in terror. "I-i-i... It could of been me." He muttered, quite obviously more scared than a cobra at a mongoose family reunion. Opening the door, there was a collective gasp of shock and awe as they saw Exedra on the floor, brutally ripped apart. Whatever did this was pissed off, probably because it didn't find its intended target. In one hand, Exedra had a magnifying monocle, standard issue for all law enforcement nowadays, and the other a decimated notebook. Nobody is ever reading the contents of that ever again. Sympathetic to scumbag's situation, they decided to help him move rooms. Everyone worked as a team to move his luggage, clothes, and safe into a room a floor down. He didn't need to see that again.
Going over that scene in my head, aided by my trusty monocle, I think that there's a good chance that SleepyScumbag is not the wolves, as he got targeted by them. That or it was a setup to grant himself a alibi.
If it was not the latter, then that leaves us with

Not_Steve
jus2beast
VikeStep
Staxed
Strikingwolf
dgdas9
SoraZodia (I'm innocent, just putting it there so it won't raise suspicions)
Shazam08
chbachman
qazplm601
the_j485 (If Shazam08's math/analysis is right)

Still not enough to get a good guess, so I gonna vote SoraZodia until more clues pops up

Made it past first night! I'm not worthy! In fact I'm so not worthy that I vote for Not_Steve
*Talking in a serious gentleman face* You got a long life ahead of you son, don't waste it. oh the irony...

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It was a horrible day. Everyone was still rather shaken up by the grizzly goings-on that occurred the night previous. After certain events, all eyes were turned towards staxed. People were scared, and converting that fear into anger faster than the victim of an exquisitely elaborate prank involving a brassiere, 2 bamboo sparring swords, and a literal ton of cow dung. At one point, the tension in the air just snapped. Everyone started beating the absolute stuffing out of sir staxed. Well, almost everyone. Qazplm601 had slinked away at the lime of the lynching, and after the deed was done, he was nowhere to be found.

After several hours of searching, they found him, handing from a rope in the attic. It seems all of this was just simply too much for him, so he took the coward's exit. Such a shameful way to go. Let's hope such events don't repeat themselves.

In Staxed's room, there was found a full divination kit for communication with the undead. There was one crystal in the kit that was strangely glowing. You decide to take it into the lobby for further observation.

During the night, there was no further death. For once, the hotel was at peace. However, when they went to take care of qaz' body in the morning, it was gone. Only bloody scraps remained. It would seem that the wolves decided to feast on this body instead of a living one.

@Staxed was lynched. He was the Medium.
@Qazplm601 was smitten. He was a chap.

End day 2.
Begin day 3.

Last edited:

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... ok, well I have to go to bed now (again) and I probably wont be back before the day ends (again) so I am going to go with someone who I believe has the most potential to be a werewolf

chbachman

1. This is his first game and the werewolf has done a somewhat noobish move at targeting someone who was about to be smited...
2. Staxed was the medium and he suspected him
3. He posted some kind of suggestive post for the purpose of second guessing
4. Way way way too defensive after one accusation. Like seriously.
5. Very eager to side with me on staxed

Therefore I vote for chbachman

If he comes up with some kind of argument for each of these 5 points and tells us why I am wrong, then I may vote for someone else (If I manage to get a small bit of time to reply, I'll try to get on my iPad when I wake up)

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... ok, well I have to go to bed now (again) and I probably wont be back before the day ends (again) so I am going to go with someone who I believe has the most potential to be a werewolf

chbachman

1. This is his first game and the werewolf has done a somewhat noobish move at targeting someone who was about to be smited...
2. Staxed was the medium and he suspected him
3. He posted some kind of suggestive post for the purpose of second guessing
4. Way way way too defensive after one accusation. Like seriously.
5. Very eager to side with me on staxed

Therefore I vote for chbachman

If he comes up with some kind of argument for each of these 5 points and tells us why I am wrong, then I may vote for someone else (If I manage to get a small bit of time to reply, I'll try to get on my iPad when I wake up)

Wow thats very good, I will wait to see his response before voting

C

chbachman

I will go in order,
First, as this is my first game, do you really think that @goreae would give a noob the hardest and most powerful position? That doesn't make sense.

EDIT:
Bah I explained that wrong. The wolves didn't give me a definite answer, so the kill was skipped. Sorry about the confusion.

Second, he suspected me because I voted against him, and for no other reason. The medium can contact one dead person, but the only person dead was the first person dead.

Third, there is something called joking, if I was a werewolf don't you think that I would never had said anything relating myself to being a werewolf.

Forth, I felt, maybe wrongly, that staxed did not feel that I was the werewolf but that he did not want me because I "could not think on my own" which makes me mad. @Staxed I am sorry if I took that the wrong way.

Fifth, I sided with you on staxed, because I had no one else to go to. Once that I saw that he was probably not the werewolf I changed my tune. I actually voted for myself and not for him at the end.This one points more towards you... because you started it, and actually voted to have him lynched. I didn't.

Sixth, I stood outside you door last night, how could you not see that?

Sorry for the lack of quotes I am still figuring this out.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Goreae uses a random method to distribute the roles, except late comers.

I'm sorry chbachman, but the evidence does seem to be mostly against you. I can't see anyone else against whom there is such evidence. I won't lock though, seeing as other things can come up.

I vote for chbachman