Boundless Expanse- Developer Logs

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys just an update.

The pack may not be realised this week due to unexpected bugs with the multiplayer (A pretty nasty one that causing a ticking screen and the client to crash).

Single Player is still playable and as a result I will be accepting a few people to beta test the pack.
If you wish to do so please message me on this forum. You must be able to send back feedback, bugs and crash reports.

That's all for now I will let you know if anything changes.

Kind Regards Bluedog444

Marmojet

Jul 29, 2019
1. Mekanism bronze pickaxe recipe conflicts with TE recipe. Might disable the Mek recipe so that those unaware of the TE recipe aren't confused
2. Starting with Mekanism steel production might be a little confusing. Are you planning on including something to point users in the right direction?
3. Started looking into Simply Hammers, but getting a slimeball is a big pain without Tinkers, since BoP makes it hard to find a jungle. I see recipes in NEI for the donator hammers, that probably shouldn't be craftable. Wasn't able to verify that they are actually craftable.
4. Forestry bronze recipe is enabled (3 copper ingots + 1 tin ingot = 4 bronze ingots). Not sure if you want to disable that since you have the AE2 grind stone for early game alloys

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
The release version will be submitted later today. I will upload the changelogs to this thread and announce when it is out after that this thread will mostly be inactive due to the new thread starting up on the public packs section. We are nearly there guys/girls!!!

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, this is the release changelog and it covers quite a lot of things. This is the second to last news post about the pack on this thread. The final post will be linking to the new public forum thread.

Changelog:

Release 1.0.0-

**MODS:**
Removed Reliquary
Removed Libsandstone
Removed ACE
Removed Sci API
Removed Stellar Sky

Added YAMPST
Added EnderStorage
Added ChickenChunks

Updated:
Dynamic Surroundings
EnderCore
Fastcraft
Forestry
Simply Hammers
Storage Drawers

Fixed ID conflicts
-Erebus Biome ID have been changed

Tweaked simply hammers.
Removed certain hammers
Removed thermal expansion pickaxe
Removed Forestry bronze recipe

Back end work/Optimisations:

Scripts no longer reload when inventories open
this reduces lag on the server and reduces console spam

INPure Core is used to readd mekanism to NEI- Thanks thephoenixlodge!

Changed The Terrestrial Agglomeration Plate to not require a blood orb
Halfed the amount of aura required to make arcane gems
Doubled the amount of (botania) runes you get from runic altar
Changed Fire/Earth Rune recipe as Marimorphosis plant was un-craftable
Boundblade now reqiures a silver sword instead of the thundercaller
Arcane Plinth now requires Koboldite instead of Terrasteel

//Thanks Fortanono
Improved Intergration of the Magic side
Added More Optional Thaumcraft Recipes
Changed Some magical crops seed recipes
Fixed some magical crops seed recipes (broken)

Thanks for reading​

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering why it was there in the first place.

It was required to reload the scripts. It allowed a workaround for the mekanism vanilla recipes loading in. I have since found another workaround though that is a lot less annoying.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Boundless Expanse has been released.
Give your support by voting us up on the FTB reddit and by following THIS forum.

I want to say a big thank you for all your feedback and to the beta testers who helped find bugs!
From now on all future changelogs and news will be posted HERE

Kind Regards Bluedog444 :D

Dweesil

Jul 29, 2019
I feel somewhat the same way about thaumcraft but some people like the mod and it would be a shame to not include it. One way of countering this is by not forcing people to use thaumcraft unlike the other magic mods which we have done. After all you shouldn't rate a modpack just because one mod has been included that you don't like (and you don't even have to use :) ).

Kind Regards Bluedog444

Oh I'm sorry! I totaly missed the part where Thaumcraft it not forced on the player! But thats great news!! <3

F

foxmanjr

I am having problems with corrupted chunks, and then mobs entering them and lagging the server out. How would you recommend that I fix this. I am a new server owner and a complete noob at this.

P.S. love the mob pack the tech is balanced very well i haven't done much with magic yet but I am having a blast.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam