Boundless Expanse- Developer Logs

Z

Zobody

Can I suggest a mod? Please add TC Node Tracker. Makes Thaumcraft just so much less annoying.

Reactions: erindalc

Dweesil

Jul 29, 2019
Bah. It started with so much promise. Then thaumcraft was added, and the posibility of a bunch of useless thaumcraft related crappy mods.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Bah. It started with so much promise. Then thaumcraft was added, and the posibility of a bunch of useless thaumcraft related crappy mods.

I feel somewhat the same way about thaumcraft but some people like the mod and it would be a shame to not include it. One way of countering this is by not forcing people to use thaumcraft unlike the other magic mods which we have done. After all you shouldn't rate a modpack just because one mod has been included that you don't like (and you don't even have to use :) ).

Kind Regards Bluedog444

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Getting started with witchery required Ars Magica 2 Plants?!?! They're to hard to collect, so getting into Evil Path is too hard. IMO you should only need like Wakeblooms and Aums to get started, since they are most common.

From what I know you only need AM2 plants for the anointing paste its not a core part of the evil side.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Can I suggest a mod? Please add TC Node Tracker. Makes Thaumcraft just so much less annoying.
Oh yes please.
And thaumic inventory scanning would be nice as well.

Hey, I've looked at both the mods and do not feel the need to add them as they don't add too much content. After all to track nodes you have the mini map and most people move them eventually anyway. If people want to add more mods to the pack then you will be able to do it themselves.

Kind regards Bluedog444

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I've looked at both the mods and do not feel the need to add them as they don't add too much content. After all to track nodes you have the mini map and most people move them eventually anyway. If people want to add more mods to the pack then you will be able to do it themselves.
Using the minimap is a poor solution that can quickly lead to clutter, and moving isn't exactly feasible quickly, particularly with a slowed down progression. As for inventory scanning, well it's just so fantastically useful it's amazing, so much easier than having to throw every item you collect ever onto the ground to scan it.

I mean, the lack of content is part of the appeal, it's a very small specialized mod that does what it sets out to do far better than anything else. It's a case that yes you can go without them, but they make it a dozen times easier, plus they're actually thaumcraft themed, the node tracker only works with the node seeing goggles and so forth. As for inventory scanning? Think of like the inventory tweaks for thaumcraft, it's tiny and pure utility but it's also so useful you don't know why it's not a part of the main mod really.

At least inventory scanning though out of those two, node tracker is much easier to make do without, but inventory scanning is just possibly the most useful and least intrusive TC4 addon ever released.

Reactions: Zobody

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Using the minimap is a poor solution that can quickly lead to clutter, and moving isn't exactly feasible quickly, particularly with a slowed down progression. As for inventory scanning, well it's just so fantastically useful it's amazing, so much easier than having to throw every item you collect ever onto the ground to scan it.

I mean, the lack of content is part of the appeal, it's a very small specialized mod that does what it sets out to do far better than anything else. It's a case that yes you can go without them, but they make it a dozen times easier, plus they're actually thaumcraft themed, the node tracker only works with the node seeing goggles and so forth. As for inventory scanning? Think of like the inventory tweaks for thaumcraft, it's tiny and pure utility but it's also so useful you don't know why it's not a part of the main mod really.

At least inventory scanning though out of those two, node tracker is much easier to make do without, but inventory scanning is just possibly the most useful and least intrusive TC4 addon ever released.

I'll play around with them. The thing I'm most concerned about is including lots of addons for this one mod that not everyone will actually play with.

Z

Zobody

What are you talking about? Thaumcraft is optional mod. You don't need to use it. You can just as easily go do the bad side without thaumcraft. Same for good side.

Z

Zobody

From what I know you only need AM2 plants for the anointing paste its not a core part of the evil side.
I'm pretty sure you need to get anointing paste to get cauldron to get started with witchery to get started with the rest of evil side. Might be wrong though on this part.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure you need to get anointing paste to get cauldron to get started with witchery to get started with the rest of evil side. Might be wrong though on this part.

True but its a one time use and shouldn't be hard to get especially with highlands world gen.

Z

Zobody

True but its a one time use and shouldn't be hard to get especially with highlands world gen.
I mean that's kinda ok, but making entrance into evil side random(by random I mean that you have to spawn near desert, and find tarma root somehow) is kind of bad too.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam

Kind regards Bluedog444
I suppose that if I decide to use Thaumcraft, it's simple enough to add them to my own instance.