Boundless Expanse- Developer Logs

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
dZyRigu.png

This pack aims to unify all the mods in the pack. This idea came from Infinity Expert mode as from
people on the FTB subreddit requesting an easier version of Infinity Expert mode. While developing
I am also taking into account the points made in this reddit thread.

The main features from the pack:

Plans to try to balance the pack as much as possible making certain things
(e.g Quarries) late game

All tech mods will be integrated with each other

Only ONE power system RF (Excluding magic systems)

All Magic mods will be integrated:
With the "Good" (Good as in kind) magic mods being linked
and the "Evil" magic mods being linked.

Plans to have an easier recipe for certain items
you will be able to use"loot" items for an easier crafting recipe
these will be obtained from places like the erebus and twilight forest.
(This should encourage exploration)

Not including tinkers construct
not because its a bad mod (I love it)
Not included because it makes other items redundant
Replacements for certain tinkers items will be included.

Note:
Future updates will go here along with a developer log.
Basically what progress I have made.
This allows you guys/girls to criticise me and anything I do
(Please do as long as its constructive)

My Website

Last edited:

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Fortanono is now officially one of the authors of the pack! He will be working on the magic side of things.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I kinda share Fortanono's experience. If you want some help with anything, shoot me a PM. I'll also gladly beta test for you guys.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, I have been working hard on the magical side of things, and I have some info to share with you. There will be no Thaumcraft, and the "good" and "evil" mods will be grouped together and connected through Ars Magica. Good mods are Botania, Magical Crops and Aura Cascade, and the evil mods are Blood Magic, Witchery, and EvilCraft. Here are some spoilers on the good path. (Evil coming soon!)

ocJOfMw.png

TmJQYlY.png

To even start on the good path, you'll need to get into AM2 enough to get Purified Vinteum Dust. You start with Aura Cascade, since the Petal Apothecary requires Arcane Black Ingots. After that, you progress in them together. Vortex Infusion is used for many non-flower Botania devices, for example.

d3hAAcX.png

3LFqUr0.png

z4UuhqX.png

The basic structure of all Runes. The Tier 1 Runes require Metamorphic Stone, special Quartz, and a Pasture Seed, as well as Arcane Ingots. Tier 2 requires Arcane Gems, and Tier 3 requires a Prism.

hBCWmVg.png

The Infusion Stone, used for the components of Magical Crops, requires Alfheim to get.

mOQWEjn.png

And the basic Magical Crops structure. Mod-specific stuff (such as Certus Quartz and Yellorite) requires stuff later on from that mod (Processors and Yelllorite). And the mob seeds? Those require ingredients from Reliquary.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm working on the tech side of things and this is the new tech progression system.

• Steel Age: Basic machines. Ends when you get a magma crucible.
  • Alloy Age: Lumium/Signalum/Enderium focused, uses Mekanism circuits and alloys as well. Ends after you make a Refinery (requiring a Resonant Portable Tank)
  • Plastic Age: Focuses on auto-farming. Ends when you obtain a certain machine
  • Graphite Age: Focuses on the Big Reactor.
  • Silicon made in sludge boiler. Infuse silicon and something to create wafer
  • Digital age: Does not focus on a material, but you'll need Ludicrite to make the Inscriber and get into the Digital Age, based on the ME system.
See you on the other side!

Reactions: Fortanono

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been working hard on the new tech system. I have completed the Steel Age!

Heres a few examples of the thermal expansion recipes:
8jlL91V.png

3xkcc8o.png
BV9HeKU.png

Here's an example of a Mekanism machine:
gEgEn4k.png

Lj8XsiI.png

The final machine in the steel age is the Magma Crucible Crafted like this:
suxbNXR.png

This allows you to create destabilized redstone (used to craft circuits needed in the alloy era)
xnhBLFm.png

That's all for now. Next for me to work on is the alloy era. Be sure to watch the thread for more updates.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
I have completed another three tech eras! The Alloy stage and the Plastic stage and the Graphite stage

Here are some examples of the Alloy machine stage:
Okq8NPS.png

IpfvQFk.png

FfuKi7X.png

WV0YEd4.png

To complete the Alloy Era you have to craft a Refinery. Its used to create fuel which is used to create plastic.
dOp50ud.png

The plastic age is next focused around Minefactory reloaded machines and farming automation.
HNqKEEC.png

252XT4G.png

Just one simple change to the recipes in this age:
ozLF1fy.png

To complete the plastic age you have to craft a sludge boiler. Next is the graphite era
bQG9V7D.png

The sludge boiler allows you to get sandy coal used in the graphite making process.
9eoIeCz.png

You then smelt this:
10u4YpZ.png

And then combine it with osmium
3jZT5nv.png

Next you have to infuse the wafer, either with glowstone, redstone or nikolite
8StEuSu.png

To get the HDPE balls you have to combine plastic sheets with Oxygen and liquid ethene
GntDAh3.png

To make the HDPE put them in the enrichment chamber
lhx2yEb.png

Finally to create the graphite combine them both together
op1hfBa.png

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
We have the Steel age.Which I posted about earlier post number 11. It just covers the basic machines. For power I'm thinking some of the basic Extra Utilities generators.

What about pre-Steel age? Also I take it for tech tools Redstone Armory/Thermal Expansion?

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
What about pre-Steel age? Also I take it for tech tools Redstone Armory/Thermal Expansion?

I haven't really thought of that.I guess you have the grinder from AE and for power the clockwork engine. Getting steel with mekanism is quite easy though thats why its the first age. Tool wise you have Redstone Armory, mining drills, mining lasers, simply hammer.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Looks great so far. Ballsy move to remove Tinkers, I approve and agree with your reasoning. Perhaps consider NuclearCraft instead of BigReactors if you really want to be wild and crazy (BR is a bit simple for my taste but ymmv. No big deal either way)

Am I reading right that ME isn't available until you have reached digital/ludicrite? While I 100% agree with the theme decisions here, I'm always concerned about pushing a fun logistical mod into the end game. This is particularly naughty when the pack is so heavy on tech instead of story/adventure: by the time you can do ME, you've already "finished" the game (from a tech perspective) and don't need it anymore.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Looks great so far. Ballsy move to remove Tinkers, I approve and agree with your reasoning. Perhaps consider NuclearCraft instead of BigReactors if you really want to be wild and crazy (BR is a bit simple for my taste but ymmv. No big deal either way)

Am I reading right that ME isn't available until you have reached digital/ludicrite? While I 100% agree with the theme decisions here, I'm always concerned about pushing a fun logistical mod into the end game. This is particularly naughty when the pack is so heavy on tech instead of story/adventure: by the time you can do ME, you've already "finished" the game (from a tech perspective) and don't need it anymore.

I like the idea of NuclearCraft, although it seemed a little unfinished the last time I played with it. Am I wrong?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I like the idea of NuclearCraft, although it seemed a little unfinished the last time I played with it. Am I wrong?
Nope, you're right. It has lots of interesting isotope processing and worldgen, fission and fusion, but no active-cooling/turbines. Its more of a suggested-check-it-out than a recommendation.

Reactions: erindalc

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019

In regards to Nuclear craft I don't understand how it fully works and would not be able to do it justice just yet. As well as parts of it not being complete and mentioned earlier.
I think you're right along the AE lines. Perhaps only certain aspects of that will be harder to get to. The pack will include some adventure but no story. I aim to do this by allowing the player to the craft harder recipes with items they pick up on their travels to make the recipe easier. I have tried to make Big Reactors more complicated in the creating stage but there is nothing I can do about the running of it.

Reactions: Pyure