[64x] Misa Compatibility Textures

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've updated the textures for the latest version of TC3, which is V5 of the DW20 pack, athough 4 is still the recommended version.
Latest version of TC3 moves the textures around a little bit, which is a tad annoying.

The world gen sheet is used for resources, so you can modify a mods texture sheets yourself with the correct textures. So, you can download texture pack X for a certain mod, but then edit it's world gen textures and items to be more compatable with Misa's world gen.
You can almost ignore it at the moment if not comfortable with editing textures, as Thermal Expansion is the source of most world gen ores, and I've got a download for TE that also includes Johh Smith Tech Remix for the machines. I've been working on the liquiducts and conduit textures. Almost ready for release.

Reactions: glepet1962

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Added a download for Industrial Craft 2. This is the complete mod and uses the John Smith Tech Remix as it's base, with my replacements. This will look better then sticking with the default 16x textures.

I'm also starting to include overlay sheets that consist of just my textures that fit the relevant texture sheet. These files have _GOLRITH in their filename. This saves you having to work out which textures are what, and manually update them one at a time.

I've also updated Thermal Expansion to include John Smith textures and GUIs, and I've made textures for liquiducts and conduits that are very close to the original default design.

TE.jpg

I've also done some new textures for the Forestry Bio-Gas engine and am thinking I may need to do a new texture for Apatite due to the new massive veins that spawn in worldgen now. My existing texture is going to be a bit overkill. I'm thinking of a more subtle effect now.

Also working on some textures for the new amber blocks/bricks added in TC3. Going for a slightly different design on the Amber bricks, which may be a bit "crazy".

New Apatite Ore preview - trying for a more subtle approach due to large spawns
New_Apatite.jpg

New Amber Blocks and Bricks
Amber Blocks.jpg

FocalFury

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there thanks for taking the time to do all this and help us all out.
I'm brand new to FTB and any of its mods period, saw Direwolf 20's Season 5 LP and had to start doing this.

I followed your step by step process but the part where I get confused is what and where to edit...I think my difficulties come from not really knowing much about these mods in general and where to edit with what.
I'm capable of image editing thats not the problem...I guess I'm just getting a little overwhelmed.
I went down the downloads list and did all of them except nether ores and battered old stuff.

I was attempting to play and it seemed OK except for I notice that darker vignetted oval is prevalent all the time on my screen, the misa water isn't right, and I can't see spiders hahaha just a shadow (exponentially more annoying when you can't see them)
I did use MCPatcher and outputed the patch file to point at my FTB\Pirates specific minecraft.jar

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out...I'm going to keep attempting to understand the necessary steps but I figured I should just post and someone has the quick answer

D A N

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Hmm. I don't actually use MCPatcher, could never get it to work with the FTB pack. Always used Optifine which personally I've found easier to use and more reliable in it's effects.

I seem to remember when I did try MCPatcher just on normal MC, I also got the dark oval effect. This vanished when I switched to Optifine.

Might be worth posting in the MC forums in either Misa or MCPatcher topics. The process between normal MC and modded MC is exactly the same, just with modded MC there are more folders with textures. Mod packs and texture packs shouldn't be giving you the issues you are having, so it must be something to do with MCPatcher.

Have you tried the same process on just normal minecraft?

Try also Optifine, but if you do, I'd suggest updating the version of Forge in FTB to the latest. Version 515 has some issues which has been fixed, and Optifine is currently for version 518 and above.

Updating mod textures is simple enough. Unzip Misa's texture pack zip into a folder, then within this folder unzip any zips you've downloaded. So, for example, with Thermal Expansion, you'll have FTB Mod Pack\Texture Packs\Misa\ThermalExpansion.

You can also open all the mod zip's and jars in WinZip, if you sort by file extension, you'll see all the PNG's grouped together, and it'll also show the path where the texture should be stored.

FocalFury

Jul 29, 2019
OK well I'm making progress.

I started fresh and used optifine and its workin great.

The Misa base texture pack is lookin good, I still just don't have a clue what textrues to overlay where. I do know and understand where the pngs are but i don't know what to merge them with.

I did notice that (first ore i found) Amber bearing stone is showing an updated texture than whatever default was...I switched back and forth from misa to default and it is a different more upgraded texture.

So I guess my question and problem is that I'm not sure what needs to be updated and changed, probably because I have no idea what these new ores/blocks/ etc are supposed to look like....So if I did it, I wouldn't really know if it was right cuz I've never seen these things default!! HAH

Anyway thanks for the noob help I really appreciate it

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If you ignore the texture sheet 1, and place the PNGs you've downloaded into the locations I mention in the OP, and unzip the zips into their locations too, then you should have most of everything textured for worldgen, and almost everything else using John Smith Tech Remix (which will look a lot better then default 16x).

I've just put up a Redpower complete download, which should cover almost all the remaining worldgen.

I will do a complete zip download for Railcraft, Buildcraft and Forestry soon. They have a bit of worldgen, but it's not major. If you find any other world gen items that look like vanilla 16x, let me know. It's easy to miss stuff when releasing in bits and pieces.

FocalFury

Jul 29, 2019
OH ok so doing what I did seemed to do most of it :)
Ya I found some Green Saphire Ore and went...that can't be right LOL, so I was looking for where that png file is for default and couldn't find it to replace using your overlay.
Its coming a little clearer now, ya I did exactly what you said in OP and it does look like that worked for almost everything...I think it was just the complete n00b to this pack that was confusing me on if i did it right in the first place.
I'm guessing I have the John Smith tech remix since I did everything on the OP.

I'll look into how to add the Battered Old Things into this pack as well maybe a bit later, I imagine its just the same thing as what we're doing here, no?

Well thanks again for working on this pack.
Its great

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yep, although if you use BoS, you'd have to update world gen items. BoS world gen items will be either still default textures, or BoS style which will clash with Misa's style, but the BoS Machines are excellent! BoS is still a in development pack, so if you decide to use anything, you'll have to edit the images manually.

I did ask Bill of BoS if I could include the mod textures in the pack, but he declined. Big shame, but have to respect his wishes, hence why I've defaulted to John Smith tech remix instead. Amazing quality for a 32x pack.

FocalFury

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what it is but I found Monazit Ore that is plain vanilla
The Steel Ingot item in inventory looks very vanilla too

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'll make those available shortly as zip downloads.

Added a MFFS dowload, and replaced the RC Engines link with a complete Railcraft mod download - Virtually all John Smith, with relevant new textures.

ADM Ntek

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know if you have noticed but some of the red power items from items1.png have a blue bar above because of a 1 pixel ofset at the top of the picture.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for the heads up. That'll be my error with the public release version, I'll get that fixed.

ADM Ntek

Jul 29, 2019
i found a few missing icons for thermalexpansion first the icon for the MJreader in the item_textures.png and the Icons.png for the gui.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Sorry about that, I'll fix that later. I keep updating my personal pack, but forget the changes to the public version :D

I'm also going to put up a Buildcraft download.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Fixed Thermal Expansion Download - note that Tin Ingot uses a new texture now. It may be a bit difficult to tell the difference between Iron and Tin, I may tweak further. Other mods tins still using the old texture for now.

Added Buildcraft download - includes engine textures and cogs
Added Forestry download - New texture for apatite, and includes basic retextures of the new farm blocks and early WIP textures of the new trees.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Preview of some Thaumcraft 3 Obsidian Totems. Also working on tables.

Ob_Totem1.jpgob_totem2.jpg

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated TC3 download with new textures:
Table
Research Table
Work Table
Wood Golem
Straw Golem
Tallow Golem
Goggles

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated downloads for TC3, Twilight Forest and Forestry to work with the latest update.

boborene

Jul 29, 2019
Great job !
Misa was one of my all time favorite time texture, too bad is no mod package maintenance. You are my hero.