[64x] Misa Compatibility Textures

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just a note that I am thinking about switching over to Ultimate, so that means more world gen items that need retextures. Deep Joy :D

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way you could put more detailed instructions in the first post, While I'm pretty good at using comptuers and even editing pictures, I'm not exactly(at all) sure what I'm suppose to be putting where.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Must admit the general instructions are out of date, especially now that the downloads include John Smith for default textures. Originally You needed Misa's textures and another pack, then edit the images to merge the two smoothly.

I will update OP, but in a nutshell, unzip Misa's textures into a new folder (and give it a new name so you know what it is), then download all (or just the ones you need) the PNGs/Zips from the OP place the zips inside the new folder. If you unzip from that folder, they should create new folders within that folder specific for that mod.

boborene

Jul 29, 2019
It is very hard to see what is new updates on this way.
Please make versioning and only one addon if is possible.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Some updates available:

Thaumcraft - fixed warded glass texture error, and made amber block textures slightly transparent
Omnitools - now a zip file, textures updated
XYCraft - updated to newest version. Block texture for lights, and a texture for the Glass Viewer

GudPiggeh

Jul 29, 2019
Can you please make it so I just download it as a single zip, I open the zip, and I put the files in the Misa tex pack like the sphaxpurebdcraft download?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just a quick note to say there are some updates that I'm going to make available soon - screenies to follow:

XYCraft Water Block
Bee Hives
Apiary
Few more tree and sapling textures
Biomes o Plenty
Thaumcraft Almebic

Still for 1.4.7. I won't be updating textures to latest format until FTB officialy updates.

yungskittlez

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see some ComputerCraft textures if possible I haven't seen a misa based pack with textures for that mod.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I would recommend Battered Old Stuff for computer craft. I use a slightly adjusted version that's less "battered and rusty".

Almost forgot, here's a few screenshots from recent changes, The Promised Land (1.4.7 version), the XY Water block and the apiaries.
June_Update1.jpgJune_Update2.jpgJune_Update4.jpgJune_Update3.jpg

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Update time, I'm working on a mod pack for 1.5.2, and so as a result, the textures too. Quite a bit of work (and some tweaks). Will be made available soon as one download. It's going to be designed based on using Misa and Battered Old Stuff (for mods) then my textures.

FocalFury

Jul 29, 2019
This is awesome, thanks for your continued work.
Clarifying.
One download for the whole folder texturepack, I love all that you've been doing and all the combinations you use. I'd love a simple download of your tex pack folder.

Excited about your Biomes O Plenty update as well.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You still have to download Misa's texture pack (and BoS if you want those textures for mods), but everything else I'm doing will be a single download. I'm also only worrying about fancy style graphic settings.

On the BoP front, I am going to have to get "creative" with Ominous Woods biome. Misa's pack works best with custom colours, which has the side effect of Ominous Woods grass being green, instead of the blueish/brown. Turning off custom colours fixes this, but makes normal biomes a bit more neon green.
For the sake of one biome, I'm going to make the Ominous Woods trees a bit greener in texture. It'll still be "Ominous", just not as dark.

FocalFury

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to hear it.
I'm not sure why but the instructions are not working for me.
ESP for ores in world generation.
Silver, Tin, Copper, etc they all look vanilla.
Even though I can see in my texture pack the /eloraam/world I can see all the textures they are supposed to be.
I'm not sure what had changed since the last time as I'm using the same texture pack I was....re-did it a second time to make sure.

Can you offer any advice

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait for update to 1.5/1.6 when that is out :) i tried 1.5 and now i'm stuck there but i found some mod support from sphax and combining it with misa now hoping it works for now :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Slowly working through the 1.5.2 modpack that I'm working on, mainly focusing on Biomes o Plenty, Natura & Thermal Expansion to start with. At the end of this week I may make available an early version, so you can overwrite other mod worldgen to match more to Misa's style.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated the OP for new 1.5.2 updates.

Some textures for the following mods: Thermal Expansion, Natura, Biomes O Plenty, Forestry, Applied Energistics, Thaumcraft.

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the OP for new 1.5.2 updates.

Some textures for the following mods: Thermal Expansion, Natura, Biomes O Plenty, Forestry, Applied Energistics, Thaumcraft.
Woah thanks a bunch if you find any other texture pack with good support please do link ;)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If you are willing to manually pick and choose textures for personal use, then take a look at T42 pack. That has some sweet textures, especially on items. I don't think it's been updated for 1.5.2 yet, so it would be a lot of digging around mod textures in zip/jar files and the texture sheets.

There's been nothing else I've found that really fits the "natural" style of Misa. Many others are more "cartoony" or brighter/higher contrast.

The john smith tech pack is good for items, even though at 32 res.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated main download with some further textures including more Natura + BoP, Railcraft ores and quarried stone variations (based on the redpower 2 marble textures I had), Osmimum Ore and armour, SGCraft Naquadah Ore, and MFR Rubber trees (based on IC2 tree textures)