[64x] Misa Compatibility Textures

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
KEEP GOING ON

I love seeing your updates in the comments to let people know whats going on.
Cheers for Misa fans everywhere :D
Thanks. Wasn't sure if anyone was using these textures or not, so just carried on regardless :D
Will make a download for the Railcraft Engines soon, and I may make a compiled download that is all the mods using default textures, and the relevant files/textures updated.

I've recently just downloaded DW20's episode 10 map, and it's identified a few textures that I need to adjust, mainly just some ingots, apatite, etc. All the early game items and resources that are the key items I want to focus on.

Why do the Stone Blocks look so yellow and the cobble doesn't, that looks pretty weird next to each other?
Where are you seeing that? Which screenshot? I've never noticed.

Misa's default pack adjusts texture colours based on Biome using Custom Colours, which can give a shade to stone, so in deserts the stone is more yellowish, and in swamps, more greenish. I had to disable this (instructions in OP) as the shading was not affecting mod ores, so having the ores in default grey rock, while all the surrounding rock was tinted looked really odd.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
Why do the Stone Blocks look so yellow and the cobble doesn't, that looks pretty weird next to each other?

IMPORTANT NOTE - OPTIFINE
If using Optifine, you will find that water in tanks will appear white. This is because Misa's pack is designed for MCPatcher, not Optifine (not a major deal!)
Also, edit color.properties from Misa's texture pack and put a # in front of palette.block./misc/stonecolor.png line. This will eliminate stone being shaded to biomes, and stop ores not being shaded. Better fix then not using color.properties at all.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated Texture Sheet 1, discovered I had Copper and Bronze Ingots back to front. Also added Lead Ingot, and Pulverized Ore textures.
Also updated the ExtraBiomes file to include a texture for Cattails.
New download for Railcraft Engines - zip file, unzip into \railcraft\client\textures\engines

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Those stone texture are Battered Old Stuff, not Misa's. I don't touch either of them as they are in the base Terrain.png and/or CTM files.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Small preview of some more changes:
Chickenbones Chunkloader and the Forge Lexicon
Chunkloader and Lexicon.jpg

Sweetcorn (just trying to get the damn colour right, driving me nuts!)
Corn.jpg

Guru Drak

Jul 29, 2019
I have attempted to use Nether Ores with Misa, but all I get are world holes, even with modifying the texture pack with the provided png file.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ah, I had this issue with Tekkit, didn't think it would apply under FTB, and my texture pack I'm using is a modified copy of my tekkit pack.
It's solvable, you just need to disable some of the CTM changes.

Try renaming the following files so that they don't get picked up. I just put an X in the file extension (i.e. block135.xproperties)
block143.properties
block126.properties
block126a.properties
block135.properties

if it's not any of those 4, then also remove/rename
block20.properties
block20a.properties
block102.properties
block102a.properties

These 4 are for glass CTM, which doesn't fully work under optifine with Misa.
While writing this, I think it's the glass files that are causing the issue with the nether ores. It's ringing bells.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated XYCraft. Sweetcorn and Hennequen plants and associated items.

Xzirus

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question. first off your texture work looks amazing!

do you have any plans on packaging it up for the Dire20 or Mindcrack pack so there will be a single download that players can drop in their Texture pack folder so they don't have to pack it up themselves? I have always had trouble when i try to build one myself and that forces me to use the packs that do all the work for me. Would life a single download for theses packs so i can use your work while i play.

thanks for your time.

X

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I could do a single download, but it cannot include misa's base textures, you must download those separately, and I'm not planning on doing all the machine blocks, as I use other texture packs for those as they would do a better job then me!

You don't need to keep a texture pack in it's zip file. You can unzip it and it will work perfectly, and makes it a lot easier to manipulate textures.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Big news.

I will be offering a single download so need to edit texture files. All you will need to do is download and unzip Misa's textures, and download the other file for all the mods, unzip this into the same location as the Misa textures.

Even better, instead of the default 16x textures for things I'm not touching (machine blocks and items mainly), I've been in touch with Zica of the John Smith Tech Remix pack, and have confirmed I can include those textures instead of the default. The 32x textures of JS will look so much better, and in fact, I use some in my gameplay.

The individual texture files & resource sheets will still be available.

Prince_Tuten

Jul 29, 2019
I apologize, I'm more than capable using a computer and technically skilled, but I'm confused as to where exactly I am installing these files. I know you stated the path but am I creating the respective folders within my custom texture pack zip, or creating the folders within the launcher installation files? Just a little confused for my first time making a hybrid pack. Thanks!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That's ok.

Here's a screenshot, may help the most :D

screenshot.jpg

First step, unzip Misa's pack into (packname)\minecraft\texturepacks and rename the folder. I called mine Pirates.
Next download your favorite mod texture pack (like, for example Battered Old Stuff, or Sphax), and unpack those into a temp area.
Move the subfolders from this temp area into the renamed misa's folder.
Then use my compatability textures. Either directly replace the existing files (such as the XYCraft download, or the BC engines download), or directly make use of the Texture Sheet 1 to update individual images.

Unfortunately due to the way MC stores it's images pre 1.5 and most importantly permissions, it's not a straightforward job, some manual manipulation will be required.

If you need any further help, I'm willing to assist. What I may do in time is produce Overlay sheets, so that the new textures are in the correct location in relation to the texture sheet they belong to, which may make it easier for others to update all the textures in photoshop/gimp/other.

Other news, done a bit more texture work on the Thermal Expansion items image file, which also results in some new Gear textures for Buildcraft (and eventually Railcraft).

Prince_Tuten

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so much! Your directions worked perfectly, I was able to use Misa textures completely and add another FTB pack's textures for everything else. I also didn't realize the pack could be a folder instead of zip. I guess I'm just used to the customary pack zipped up for smaller size and ease.

One last follow-up question is that now if I wanted to change a single item with a texture from another pack, I can simply open the whole sheet in photoshop and copy the new texture over the old one (of course provided they're the same resolution). Seems pretty simple, just making sure. Thanks for the texture sheet and links by the way, very helpful and appreciated.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yep, that's "all" you've got to do. Also make sure not to loose transparency.

Added textures for Thermal Expansion, Forge Lexicon, Chunk Loader.
Updated texture file for ExtraBiomes
Updated download for BC engines to incorporate the design used on the Railcraft Engines

Reactions: ScottKillen

Keridos

Jul 29, 2019
btw, I found out that changing the Mode of water and lava to dynamic in the Animations Menu gets rid of the grey water bug with Optifine.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That's not a real solution as such, as what that does is switch between Misa's textured water to an inbuilt optifine water version. So, all the water in pipes and GUIs will be blue, but the world water won't be as Misa intended.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Updated Twilight Forest, Thaumcraft and Thermal Expansion downloads to the latest versions - just using default textures for now.

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Excellent job putting all of this together for us. Misa is my favorite texturepack and using with Battered Old Stuff is a great combo!
What do I do with the Worldgen sheet? Also the zombie brain is a pink square. I think I put those files in the right place.