Zelda Wii U

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
MRW the "trailer" for zelda is the shortest most unrevealing trailer they showed at e3
2RTKqAR.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
1: Link seems to be a girl. IDK if that sentence is correct but if it is, my mind is now blown.

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
Man..... As a life time fan I'm a little disappointed. I know they want to keep some aspects and try some new aspects. Personally this "Cartoonish" look needs to go in my opinion. I am a HUGE fan of how Link looked in TP and especially in the original tech demo for the Wii U.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
P
Man..... As a life time fan I'm a little disappointed. I know they want to keep some aspects and try some new aspects. Personally this "Cartoonish" look needs to go in my opinion. I am a HUGE fan of how Link looked in TP and especially in the original tech demo for the Wii U.

Personally, I think the game looks bueatiful how it is. But, to each his own I guess.

BTW, it's not cartoonish, WW and it's sequels were cartoonish. This game is more like an anime or a vibrant realism style.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like Skyward Sword Redux. Personally, I think it's fantastic how they decided to keep going with the cel-shading techniques. It makes the game seem so much more... ethereal? That's not the word I'm looking for...

Also, free exploration, anywhere you can get to, has me totally hyped.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like Skyward Sword Redux. Personally, I think it's fantastic how they decided to keep going with the cel-shading techniques. It makes the game seem so much more... ethereal? That's not the word I'm looking for...

Also, free exploration, anywhere you can get to, has me totally hyped.

Free exploration is what I've been waiting for since WW came out. ALttP was awesome enough that it was forgivable and LA was just awesome on it's own being portable. OoT was 3D with some great twists and MM had so many side quests that you never noticed. When WW came out the game just didn't have a truly amazing plot point or feature that made up for it. Of course it had the Sailing, but the game just felt too confined. MC was awesome but felt way too linear, FS and FSA were cool but I never got into them. ST and PH I just haven't played enough of the former and I don't own the latter so no idea on that. TP was even easier than WW and the only draw I found was the storyline and cutscenes. SS was just too awesome if you actually used the controls how they were designed (no waggling. I'm looking at you DAD) and it's storyline was beautifully layed out. WWHD had beuatiful shaders and as such looked far better than the original, but still had it's other pitfalls. And finally there's the Pick Your Path of LBTW, which was very refreshing and a great precursor to ZWU.

Reactions: Eruantien

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played ALBW, don't spoil it! But yes to all of that, except, for me, WW was epic. Of course it had its limiting factors, but the world was HUGE.
ST and PH were okay in their own way, but far too linear, again.
SS was epic-er that anything so far. I've tried the demo for WWHD, but not the full game; however it, too, looks awesome AND is a remake, which makes it awesome-er.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played ALBW, don't spoil it! But yes to all of that, except, for me, WW was epic. Of course it had its limiting factors, but the world was HUGE.
SS was epic-er that anything so far. I've tried the demo for WWHD, but not the full game; however it, too, looks awesome AND is a remake, which makes it awesome-er.

Don't worry, I was just talking about the new item mechanic that is in no way spoilerish but lets you enter any dungeon you want at any time.

WW was fun, I just didn't really get into it until the final encounter with Ganon. But it was still an awesome game. And the world WAS huge, there just not enough islands for all that space. It felt like a more fun version of walking on foot in TP's hyrule field. The sailing was still a great idea though, execution was just off. Needed more enemy encounters and places to go.

I got that feeling from ST, at least the control scheme was a nice plus.

SS was really fun too, I loved how they packed so much into such little space. Well, except of course the non-Skyloft sky portions.

WWHD is very good, a definite rent but I feel that only true Zelda fans should buy it if they already own WW.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
When you get ALBW in the item shop turn around and look at the back wall.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
When you get ALBW in the item shop turn around and look at the back wall.
Well, I know that from leaked images on ZD. :p
I'm not totally clueless, but don't ruin it, okay?
SS was really fun too, I loved how they packed so much into such little space. Well, except of course the non-Skyloft sky portions.
I couldn't agree more. The sky was so empty... kind of like, well, the sky.

Reactions: 1SDAN