Zelda Wii U

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I meant: Midna, in that picture.

But yeah, that does give all good Zelda fans the blues. Although, don't tell me you haven't heard the rumours...

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I think Zelda Dungeon had an article a while back, probably a tweet from one of the producers, that stated something along the lines of "if enough fans want Midna back, we might just do that".
Nothing definite, of course.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I think Zelda Dungeon had an article a while back, probably a tweet from one of the producers, that stated something along the lines of "if enough fans want Midna back, we might just do that".
Nothing definite, of course.
you have to keep in mind that zelda wiiu has been in production since 2012, since they almost announce it at e3 last year which means that they had to work on it long enough to have an E3 trailer. So, even if midna was in the game, it would most likely be a cameo

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
Explain then the multiplayer aspect that you would want to see. I'm curious whether people would prefer actual copies of Link like in four swords or would it rather be a party and people take control of a unique character.

In that aspect though you would be changing the game play a bit. Aside from four swords and such Zelda has always been a game where Link receives tons of help from other characters but they never end up going through the whole story right beside him. Exceptions are Midna in TP and Navi in most other Zelda sagas.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Explain then the multiplayer aspect that you would want to see. I'm curious whether people would prefer actual copies of Link like in four swords or would it rather be a party and people take control of a unique character.

In that aspect though you would be changing the game play a bit. Aside from four swords and such Zelda has always been a game where Link receives tons of help from other characters but they never end up going through the whole story right beside him. Exceptions are Midna in TP and Navi in most other Zelda sagas.
Coop would be what i would like to see, kinda like both parties have one health bar and if someone gets hurt that effects the whole team

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
Coop would be what i would like to see, kinda like both parties have one health bar and if someone gets hurt that effects the whole team

Judging from how careless I have seen people play, I'd say that aspect right there would cause the game to be exponentially longer for some players lol.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
remember the end of TP when midna shatters the twilight mirror as she enters it making it impossible to reassemble? yeah.. the only way we will see her again is if A. they somehow make another(which i think is suppose to be impossible) or B. the next zelda somehow takes place in the twilight realm.
Tell me. Do you ever feel a strange sadness as dusk falls?

Every night since I've finished the game... Yes, yes I do.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
That said, here's something to chew on. Gannon has the triforce of Strength, making him the strongest foe out there. Also apparently immortal. The theory here is that every Gannon is in fact the same one; he never dies, and barely ages if at all. He has survived the end of the world likely countless times and didn't die because his piece of the triforce prevents this. He always knows more about Zelda and Link then they do if each other, themselves, and him. The "final" death he ever suffers is in Windwaker; a Zelda game I utterly love. Yes, OoT was the shit, yes, MM was a great story(about how link died and was going through the stages of grief to pass into the afterlife), but Windwaker takes place as the so far end of the whole series. The games are in a anachronistic order and there isn't a "timeline" per-say, since MM takes place after link dies, aka Gannon wins, and this thus isn't a timeline but a series of divergent timelines. If SS is the true start, then the true end is WW, and everything can be connected between them knowing what goes where. Every game that isn't a LoZ game in name only(say, pinball if there was one...) fits in it somehow. And gannon from day 1 is the same dude. Zelda and Link reincarnate. He doesn't. He simply never dies.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
What I'd like to see is some backstory on why all these "princesses" (Zelda, Midna, Ruto) aren't "queens". =/

TP was, I feel, a more "mature" game than SS. SS was too bright and colorful to be taken too seriously, whereas TP was dark, like MM.
We need some more serious Zelda titles, and less where crazy people with outlandish costumes and strange manners of speech dwell on floating objects and take your rupees.[DOUBLEPOST=1400989322][/DOUBLEPOST]
That said, here's something to chew on. Gannon has the triforce of Strength, making him the strongest foe out there. Also apparently immortal. The theory here is that every Gannon is in fact the same one; he never dies, and barely ages if at all. He has survived the end of the world likely countless times and didn't die because his piece of the triforce prevents this. He always knows more about Zelda and Link then they do if each other, themselves, and him. The "final" death he ever suffers is in Windwaker; a Zelda game I utterly love. Yes, OoT was the shit, yes, MM was a great story(about how link died and was going through the stages of grief to pass into the afterlife), but Windwaker takes place as the so far end of the whole series. The games are in a anachronistic order and there isn't a "timeline" per-say, since MM takes place after link dies, aka Gannon wins, and this thus isn't a timeline but a series of divergent timelines. If SS is the true start, then the true end is WW, and everything can be connected between them knowing what goes where. Every game that isn't a LoZ game in name only(say, pinball if there was one...) fits in it somehow. And gannon from day 1 is the same dude. Zelda and Link reincarnate. He doesn't. He simply never dies.
... you do know about the triple timeline theory, right? And Wind Waker isn't the end; PH and ST come afterward.
Ganondorf came along in OoT, but the essence of Demise is imbued? in him.
And where did you get that about Link's death, anyway?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
power not strength, power is diplomatic as well as physical.[DOUBLEPOST=1400989885][/DOUBLEPOST]The official timeline as seen in Hyrule Historia (The Zelda History Book)
14ZFgo9.jpg

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
What I'd like to see is some backstory on why all these "princesses" (Zelda, Midna, Ruto) aren't "queens". =/

TP was, I feel, a more "mature" game than SS. SS was too bright and colorful to be taken too seriously, whereas TP was dark, like MM.
We need some more serious Zelda titles, and less where crazy people with outlandish costumes and strange manners of speech dwell on floating objects and take your rupees.[DOUBLEPOST=1400989322][/DOUBLEPOST]
... you do know about the triple timeline theory, right? And Wind Waker isn't the end; PH and ST come afterward.
Ganondorf came along in OoT, but the essence of Demise is imbued? in him.
And where did you get that about Link's death, anyway?
TL;DR version. Just kidding. It's the only version I'm giving you, even my cliffnotes was getting boring.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
TL;DR version. Just kidding. It's the only version I'm giving you, even my cliffnotes was getting boring.
Yes but those are speculations by fans, Until i hear the creators of the game come out and say "yeah that's what we tried to capture" I'm not gonna acknowledge that as a fact. Just fan speculations and theories.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but those are speculations by fans, Until i hear the creators of the game come out and say "yeah that's what we tried to capture" I'm not gonna acknowledge that as a fact. Just fan speculations and theories.
It sure as hell makes a lot more sense to me then "he is looking for Navi". The symbolism in the game is thick enough you could cut it with a butter knife.(but heavy enough that you may be better off using the Razor Sword to do so)
And the picture posted above with the three timelines? Ask yourself; why, if gannon is defeated, is the next game so damn dark? The chart there skips every non-major game made, so I'm gonna pass on it as a "official timeline" of any kind. It even has two timelines based around the condition; link wins. Impossible. The adult timeline existed in OoC as gannon won, he entered the sacred realm after link opened it and tried to grab the master sword. The child timeline becomes the correct one at the end, link ends up meeting zelda "for the first time" again, with the knowledge of how to beat Gannon and his plans.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
It sure as hell makes a lot more sense to me then "he is looking for Navi". The symbolism in the game is thick enough you could cut it with a butter knife.(but heavy enough that you may be better off using the Razor Sword to do so)
And the picture posted above with the three timelines? Ask yourself; why, if gannon is defeated, is the next game so damn dark? The chart there skips every non-major game made, so I'm gonna pass on it as a "official timeline" of any kind. It even has two timelines based around the condition; link wins. Impossible. The adult timeline existed in OoC as gannon won, he entered the sacred realm after link opened it and tried to grab the master sword. The child timeline becomes the correct one at the end, link ends up meeting zelda "for the first time" again, with the knowledge of how to beat Gannon and his plans.
its the official timeline because NINTENDO made it them selves. So its by all means the official one

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
its the official timeline because NINTENDO made it them selves. So its by all means the official one
First off, it's not a timeline, official or not, because a timeline doesn't work that way. A timeline is a history of events with dates and times. This is a branching system of cause and effect. Official or not, it's not the official timeline because it's not a timeline.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
First off, it's not a timeline, official or not, because a timeline doesn't work that way. A timeline is a history of events with dates and times. This is a branching system of cause and effect. Official or not, it's not the official timeline because it's not a timeline.
yes because in a world filled with giant lizard people and magic golden triangles, timelines HAVE to make sense... Its a fantasy game, the time line could have 50 different branches and it would still be official because the creators of the game made it so. Official doesn't mean it makes sense it. it means authorized or issued authoritatively. meaning, EVEN if this timeline makes no sense, its the correct one.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
yes because in a world filled with giant lizard people and magic golden triangles, timelines HAVE to make sense... Its a fantasy game, the time line could have 50 different branches and it would still be official because the creators of the game made it so. Official doesn't mean it makes sense it. it means authorized or issued authoritatively. meaning, EVEN if this timeline makes no sense, its the correct one.
Official statement or not... a timeline doesn't mean something else because they said it does. A timeline has to be a timeline, and that isn't one.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Official statement or not... a timeline doesn't mean something else because they said it does. A timeline has to be a timeline, and that isn't one.
actually they can, since they own the franchise they could say the timeline is a big circle and that would be the correct time line. The time line doesn't even have to be a correct pretrial of a time line to be one since this is a fantasy game and not every thing has to make sense.