Your take on unique ways of generating power (Direwolf20)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
Frankly I have been using lava to power everything I have ever done in FTB. I just understood how it worked and if I needed more power generation I would just add more tanks and more dynamos/geothermal generators to create my power. Now im at a point to where I am wanting to experiment with new forms of power. I will probably be entirely unfamiliar with the creation of this power so the more detail the better. Just a heads up, My base is in the end, so it has to be form of power I can produce while living in the end dimension (or something that can be transferred to the end). Im interested to hear your input.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Magic and the Serenade of the Nether could help with lava production on a bloody budget. LiquidXP in a compression dynamo is a fun choice, as is powering your base with sugar and poop(same machine no less!), Technomancy has a cool dynamo or two, and there is of course ExtraUtils new ender engine(take ender pearls / eyes of ender and put them into it, get power), not to mention all kinds of other cool engines from ExtraUtils(personal favorite: TNT generator, insert TNT and stand back, shit explodes and you get power).

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Caliometric burner powered by carrots is a great early game power source of steam

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
To continue with the Blood Magic comments, a Lava Crystal (or 50) in a few coal powered generators will work nicely for power, so long as you can keep up with the LP demand.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
So dw20 pack (you should have mentioned ;D)...
Uh no pumping lava.. Creating lava from netherrack :D

Sent via tapatalk

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
I dyed some sheep pink and set them up in front of a rancher that feeds Pink Generators. Extra Utils' new generators are a lot of fun. :D

Reactions: kaovalin

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Is that energy positive?

Indeed it is. It's not hugely positive, but it is a fun way to power stuff. Then again I only have a half dozen sheep. More sheep means more energy positive. Plan your enormous pink sheep pens accordingly.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I dyed some sheep pink and set them up in front of a rancher that feeds Pink Generators. Extra Utils' new generators are a lot of fun. :D
This can be done with turtles to eliminate power cost entirely. :)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
This can be done with turtles to eliminate power cost entirely. :)

or pen them in and use an activator from openblocks(or maybe extraulitlies I forget) I believe and a vacuum hopper. Also no power AND no programing.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Frankly I have been using lava to power everything I have ever done in FTB. I just understood how it worked and if I needed more power generation I would just add more tanks and more dynamos/geothermal generators to create my power. Now im at a point to where I am wanting to experiment with new forms of power. I will probably be entirely unfamiliar with the creation of this power so the more detail the better. Just a heads up, My base is in the end, so it has to be form of power I can produce while living in the end dimension (or something that can be transferred to the end). Im interested to hear your input.
You can use charcoal, ethanol, advanced solar panels (you would have to download it, if you're playing on a server then you can't unfortunately), blazing pyrotheum, oil/fuel and that's all I can think of right now. Everything can be transfered using endertanks, enderchests, or tesseracts, and advanced solar panels do work in the end.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
In my current playthrough I decided to do everything with bees. Just to add a bit of challenge.

Currently my power supply comes from Oily and Demonic bees to produce oil and phosphor (for lava). It takes a bit of effort but it's well worth it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and Emmasher's Gascraft has some cool ways of generating power, not all of which are easy to do in the end. Hydrogen power, sure, if you brought enough of it's stuff, but anything other then hydrogen technically requires you to gather resources in the overworld(/nether).

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
how would stack farms work with steam boilers? Any one have a set up suggestion if I were to want to do something like this?

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
If you have plenty of stuff you could try the new fusion reactor from reactorcraft apparently it makes 4096 Rf / t from basically just water :) or one of the other reactors like buckeye but that's more dangerous