Your favorite mod, and why?

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
NEI, without it I would be completely lost. :confused:

Railcraft for content, it's just so much fun building complex transport systems, I still don't understand why you would miss that by teleporting stuff.

Same. Not even close. I like the look, feel and sound of carts, all of the multiblock structures, the look of the various decorative blocks, the sounds of the rock crusher (for example), I really just like it all.

And I really like the fact that you have to think about things ahead of time, much more so than on some of the other mods I've tried which, for me, border on ridiculous with some of their machines.

I just wish it had a machine like Forestry's Carpenter as it's one of the only things I really use in Forestry even though it's a nice, well thought-out mod.

Buildcraft, too, of course.

IndustrialCraft sounds a lot more interesting now than I found it to be in 1.2.5 but, aesthetically, I don't like it at all and don't think the machines and such fit my view of MineCraft.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
EnderIO.
Reactorcraft looks really interesting, but it adds so much fluff to the worldgen, that it got frustrating enough to remove the mod. (And Geostrata is even worse.) Which is a shame, because mods like BigReactors or Mekanism/Atomic Science show how it can be done a lot more elegantly.
You realize you need that much, right?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Maybe consider making a single multi-coloured fluorite item instead of ~10 ones? Unless you have plans for the different colors. As far as I know they're functionally identical at this time.
That config for ores already exists and is enabled by default in FTB packs.
You are supposed to build with some Fluorite blocks - they serve as radiation detectors - and as such you have multiple colors to choose from. Additionally, realism is again the rule here - fluorite comes in dozens of different colors; I have eight.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That config for ores already exists and is enabled by default in FTB packs. You are supposed to build with some Fluorite blocks - they serve as radiation detectors - and as such you have multiple colors to choose from.
Understood.
Additionally, realism is again the rule here - fluorite comes in dozens of different colors; I have eight.
I anticipated and covered this point by suggesting you display all colours in one item. My fault if that was unclear. To clarify: if a single ore block always (config allowing) produces 8 fluorite colours, there's no reason you can't make a single item featuring all 8 colours in it. You'd need a new texture with 8 tiny little fluorite pieces in it. Irrelevant since you have uses for the different ones.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Understood.

I anticipated and covered this point by suggesting you display all colours in one item. My fault if that was unclear. To clarify: if a single ore block always (config allowing) produces 8 fluorite colours, there's no reason you can't make a single item featuring all 8 colours in it. You'd need a new texture with 8 tiny little fluorite pieces in it. Irrelevant since you have uses for the different ones.
I would do that if not for the different block colors, yes.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I would do that if not for the different block colors, yes.
I don't mind having different colour flourite shards by and large, but I have an idea which may be of interest. What if instead of crafting a 9 by 9 of each colour flourite to get the respective block, you crafted 8 standard flourite and the missing crafting slot determined the block colour you get. So if you craft flourite like this, (where x is flourite and 0 is a blank space)

x0x
xxx
xxx

you get pink

and

xxx
xxx
xx0

gets you green, or whatever.

It cuts the number of different flourite ores you need in worldgen, while preserving the different colour blocks. Does it stretch realism too much? No idea, you decide.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Did you not like 4.1? Mind explaining why not?
Sweetie I won't bore you. Go to the Thaumcraft 4.1 Ecperience thread, page 2, it'll explain everything.

I still like Thaumcraft, just not as fondly anymore

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk