Your favorite mod, and why?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's a dead thread but

You still looking forward to it?
It takes very little effort to look forward to it. I still lose nothing if it doesn't happen so I will quietly anticipate its release, unless you know something about its development that I don't?

Reactions: YX33A

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech. I just love the various machines and how they interact with eachother. Centrifuges, plate bending etc.. it just feels.. I don't know how to put it, but when I walk into my machine hall I feel like a scientist. all these machines hooked up to tubes, pipes and cables. And you get that real sense of satisfaction when you manage to complete a new one. I still remember my first industrial blast furnace, and the pain when I realized i need to move it a block over due to symetry reasons ^^ and taking a pickaxe to it.. yeah.. not my proudest moment but I do remember it. I dont remember my first something from many other mods, but with greg I do.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
i like all mods but tinkers construct,mariculture,mekanism and railcraft are my favorites!!! :D
tic gives you ability to customize your tools , mariculture adds lots of sea content , mekanism is very good tech mod with tons of posibilityes and railcraft is just nice and classy :) .

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion, DartCraft, TC, and TiC.
TiC lets me design my tools, TC allows me to be a magician, TE lets me be a mechanic, and DartCraft is a step between.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
NEI, because I'd be completely lost without it =)
Closely followed by AE (no more messy chestocalypse) and Ender IO, makes things so much more orderly (and I don't have to walk anywhere in my base anymore :p)

Reactions: PierceSG

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
100% Gregtech,Adds a needed level of difficulty in Feed the Beast and makes the progression move at a better rate.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
NEI, without it I would be completely lost. :confused:

Railcraft for content, it's just so much fun building complex transport systems, I still don't understand why you would miss that by teleporting stuff.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
NEI, without it I would be completely lost. :confused:

Railcraft for content, it's just so much fun building complex transport systems, I still don't understand why you would miss that by teleporting stuff.
One word, efficiency. Also, performance.
But I agree with you that the complexity is fun.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Used to be GregTech. Currently a tossup with Rotary/ReactorCraft in the mix. A few versions from now I don't think it will be a competition anymore.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO.
Started out as replacement for some TE items because that mod was not available yet. But it has grown so fast and to so many features that I use it now almost everywhere. Especially now that the power/fluid/item network can also contain the ME cabling.
Plus multi block energy storage, where you can upgrade the power input and output as the network grows. And some interesting machines, tesseracts and now also some form of teleport/travel?

Rotarycraft.
Unique, complex, challenging and lots of functionality. Simply brilliant.
Unfortunately the only of Reika's mods that I still use. Reactorcraft looks really interesting, but it adds so much fluff to the worldgen, that it got frustrating enough to remove the mod. (And Geostrata is even worse.) Which is a shame, because mods like BigReactors or Mekanism/Atomic Science show how it can be done a lot more elegantly.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Rotarycraft.
Unique, complex, challenging and lots of functionality. Simply brilliant.
Unfortunately the only of Reika's mods that I still use. Reactorcraft looks really interesting, but it adds so much fluff to the worldgen, that it got frustrating enough to remove the mod. (And Geostrata is even worse.) Which is a shame, because mods like BigReactors or Mekanism/Atomic Science show how it can be done a lot more elegantly.
Guessing you mean the unnecessary array of fluorite colors? I just cope.
I have higher hopes for Electricraft. Shouldn't be much new worldgen (stuff like copper and tin that already exists in most packs and should be configurable)