Your favorite Feed The Beast modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just posting this to see witch modpack you guys like the most. For me it would have to be the Direwolf20 pack because it has xycraft and I'm a big fan of Soaryns blocks.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack is my favorite, though I do disable a fair amount of mods I consider to be OP or just don't like (Advanced Solar panels, MFFS, ComputerCraft and the 2 magic-y mods, maybe something else as well but that's most of them). And I add some that simply aren't in any pack (mostly mods that add more BC pipes + Optifine).

The technic pack also looks interesting, but I think it's still missing a few mods before I would consider switching over from Mindcrack (because I am a huge fan of all the tech stuff). I'd have to compare Mindcrack and Technic though to see if switching over might reduce the number of mods I have to disable/add.
The same goes for Ultimate, I'd have to compare and see which would be less work to adjust to my tastes. But seeing how Ultimate is a long way away I might not bother even when it's released.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
i edit mindcrack pack when a new version of an mod comes out i dont like waiting if that counts then my fav is mindcrack

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack is my favorite, though I do disable a fair amount of mods I consider to be OP or just don't like (Advanced Solar panels, MFFS, ComputerCraft and the 2 magic-y mods, maybe something else as well but that's most of them).

It's sad you turn off MFFS. It's actually a surprisingly balanced mod. And actually it's like the single coolest way to set up a power network once you have stable reactors. It's one of the few endgame power things you can really do. I recently visited a server where several players joined forces in a GT/medium game with nuclear and fusion reactors to make a truly massive always-on forcefield. When they set up new BC/FOrestry machines they use electrical engines powered from said forcefield.

It's obscenely end-game, but it was also revelatory to me. It turns out if you don't use chunkloaders everywhere it was shockingly sustainable, too.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
My own. Started with FTBBETAA, been updating and tweaking it manually ever since. Started out adding mods (mainly Logistics Pipes, keysprint, optifine, RP2), then went on a huge mod purge where I basically removed anything which no longer interested me (IC2 and anything related to it, railcraft outside of the tanks, forestry).

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
My own, mostly Mindcrack-based. Sadly, the FTB Launcher closes seconds after I launch any modpack (the log window closes, too, and nothing shows up in /crash-reports, and no crash shows up on any of the ForgeModLoader-whatever.logs so I can't retrieve a crash report,) so I have to import instances to MultiMC. Probably Java-related. But I digress. Anyways, mainly Mindcrack with EE3, UE, and updated mods (I probably need to update some, though Forestry didn't want to work in 2.0.0.9, I got a crash when entering worlds with multifarms,) and without MFFS because I have enough ores as it is.

eable2

Jul 29, 2019
There are of course the fundamental mods at the center of everything (Buildcraft, IC2, Redpower, and I add Thaumcraft to those). But IMO, if you really want to enjoy your world, play the game for a long time, and be proud of what you have accomplished, Gregtech is a must for balancing IC2. I find it silly that you're able to get barrels of UU matter in a week of playing vanilla IC2, particularly with addons like Advanced Solar Panels. So for now, I play the Mindcrack pack (it includes Xycraft as well, BTW).

Reactions: arkangyl

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack pack removing gregtech, mffs and traincraft, adding valve pipe, logistics pipes, charge pads, modular suits, bibliocraft, thaumic bees, mystcraft and gravity gun (and if it ever gets updated, distribution pipe)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20, removed some mods that I don't use (MFFS/CC/MiscPeriph/CompactSolar/Chargepad/Obsidiplates) And added optifine.. updated forge and am in the process of updating all the mods I can

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely direwolf20, mainly because I've been using most of the mods for awhile and have been watching direwolf for awhile. It also doesn't seem to have nearly as many issues as some of the other packs.

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
unmodified mindcrack on hard

yeah, i'm a bit of a masochist - but I find it makes servers interesting to play on.