Your favorite Feed The Beast modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

FavoriteFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big Direwolf20 fan (although I like Etho's videos as well) so I chose the direwolf20 pack to be able to rebuild his contraptions in my world. From reading the forums I got the impression that Mindcrack forces you down the path set by Gregorius, while Direwolf20 gives you the freedom to build what you want earlier on. I also like my Mystcraft mining age. I'd hate to have dozens of huge holes in my overworld. So I'm happy with my choice. The only thing I'd like from Mindcrack is the fusion reactor.

Saitek2073

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a updated video on how to set up a fusion reactor for the newest version of Gregtech

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack with tubestuff added in for the crafting table. Started my base powered by melons (MJ). Then added in IC2 biofuel cells eu, supplemented now by charcoal (eu). As soom as I get my industrial grinder up and running (ran out of iron), I'll grind up all the apatite ore I've found and build a rubber tree farm using one of those new forestry farms.

AlphaGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 Pack hands down. I can't play Mindcrack Pack for 5 minutes without getting some crash for who-knows-what-reason number 1782807 (I blame GregTech, though I blame GregTech for any issues I have with MindCrack pack just like BdoubleO100 :D ).

Though I'd like to finally get around to adding:

The Advanced Solar Panels mod (I think that's the name, the one that adds the ultimate hybrid solar panel) so I can get the Ultimate Solar Helmet (upgraded Quantum Helm) legit.
Optifine because I play on a laptop and I like the all the options.
And GregTech "Easy Mode" (adding new blocks and stuff is FINE. changing how to make stuff is NOT!) for the fusion reactor and AESU.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack pack removing gregtech, mffs and traincraft, adding valve pipe, logistics pipes, charge pads, modular suits, bibliocraft, thaumic bees, mystcraft and gravity gun (and if it ever gets updated, distribution pipe)

So, basically DW20.

Direwolf20 Pack hands down. I can't play Mindcrack Pack for 5 minutes without getting some crash for who-knows-what-reason number 1782807 (I blame GregTech, though I blame GregTech for any issues I have with MindCrack pack just like BdoubleO100 :D ).

I do know that something's wonky with the GT NEI plugin, that's probably the cause.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
So, basically DW20.

i would need to remove EE, mffs, xeno's reliquary and compact solars, and add advanced solars, advanced machines and petroleum generator, valve pipe, logistics pipes and bibliocraft (and if it ever gets updated, distribution pipe)

with DW, remove 4 add 7
with Mindcrack remove 3 add 9

basically I can use whatever base pack I want/I need to remove less mods from.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20, since I really don't like/ use IC2, plus it has a nice variety of mods and he seems to be constantly adding more to the pack.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I think I changed my mind about my favorite modpack, now it is: DW20 modpack, removing IC2, chargepads, compact solars, gravisuite, nuclearcontrol, mffs, ee3, reliquary and xycraft, adding valve pipe and bibliocraft (maybe in a future, logistics pipes).