Yomawolf (WW Signup Thread) [CLOSED]

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Could've asked me this while the game was still in the planning stages... *grumble gripe*
Sorry. :p
1. The way I'm planning on doing it is like so: all players will receive a town role, and a few players will also be told that they are "wolven" (playing on the wolves' team). Special roles will not be given a wolven trait.
So, if I'm understanding this right, I could be a Baker that's in the wolf convo and wins with the wolves?

I advise against this. It makes it near-impossible to root out all the wolves, since (for example) a wolven Mayor could show that his vote is worth double and be confirmed as a Mayor by multiple Wizards, but still be against the town. It would make proving peoples' roles pretty worthless; Sure, Vike's 100% proven to be a Guard, but he could still be a secret wolf so I can't trust him for shit.

3. That is correct, as a werewolf would typically be the one attacking, not the one defending. If a wolven player receives a shield, it's useless to them... you can't hide behind a metal wall to prevent hanging. I don't really think this is overpowered, as long as the blacksmith doesn't turn out to have horrible luck. There's way more players than can be made shields for nightly, anyway.
Maybe. A daily Toughness-giver will effectively negate the wolfkill for as many days as he is alive (since every person he Toughens is one more kill the wolves eventually have to make), though this is kinda balanced out by the extra kills from the Yoma. Your call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eruantien and Pyure

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The blacksmith could also keep the shields for himself and have a ton of extra lives and be effectively unkillable. At that point, becoming proven isn't too hard, just reveal to be an invincible blacksmith and encourage verification. Then no matter what he's safe from the wolves. Or if he is a wolf then the village loses no matter what. He could out and say that he's a wolf and the village would be powerless to stop them. Even if you do stop that by making it unable to be a wolf, then the blacksmith is confirmed to be a villager and will be able to guide the village into victory with his invulnerability.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
The blacksmith could also keep the shields for himself and have a ton of extra lives and be effectively unkillable. At that point, becoming proven isn't too hard, just reveal to be an invincible blacksmith and encourage verification. Then no matter what he's safe from the wolves. Or if he is a wolf then the village loses no matter what. He could out and say that he's a wolf and the village would be powerless to stop them. Even if you do stop that by making it unable to be a wolf, then the blacksmith is confirmed to be a villager and will be able to guide the village into victory with his invulnerability.
Shields don't make you invulnerable to lynch. Also, no Shaz, proving someone is a role to show they are innocent isn't fun. Working out if someone is a wolf by their actions is much more fun, I personally think the shields are a little op, but I'll be fine with it because I like the lack of proving you are a role.

In.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Shields don't make you invulnerable to lynch. Also, no Shaz, proving someone is a role to show they are innocent isn't fun. Working out if someone is a wolf by their actions is much more fun, I personally think the shields are a little op, but I'll be fine with it because I like the lack of proving you are a role.

In.
Why would anyone lynch such an easily provable role? Woe to the wolves if I get blacksmith. I'll be unlynchable, tell you right now.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I forgot to mention that I agree with shazam that having wolves who can 100% mask themselves as villagers is a bit silly and defeats the purpose of werewolf :p
I completely disagree. With villagers unable to prove themselves through roles they actually have to do some analysis.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I completely disagree. With villagers unable to prove themselves through roles they actually have to do some analysis.
Dude you always disagree with me lately :p

Ok so talk to me about that, why do you think analysis will increase when they don't have facts to analyze with? In werewolf, the only information we get is from talking to one another and determining when stories don't jive. If I can tell everyone I'm a villager because I have villager powers, and nobody can prove me wrong, I will abuse the shit out of that. Nobody will necessarily believe I'm a "proven" villager for sure, but nobody can ever determine I'm a wolf either.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Dude you always disagree with me lately
Ok so talk to me about that, why do you think analysis will increase when they don't have facts to analyze with? In werewolf, the only information we get is from talking to one another and determining when stories don't jive. If I can tell everyone I'm a villager because I have villager powers, and nobody can prove me wrong, I will abuse the shit out of that. Nobody will necessarily believe I'm a "proven" villager for sure, but nobody can ever determine I'm a wolf either.
Dude, roleclaims are boring, actually analysing actions is so much more fun.

Also, you're the one that's been disagreeing with me.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
But then the wizards become pretty much worthless. Because they could find that pyure is a candlestick maker but that information would just be entirely worthless. All that means is he doesn't have a power, which is entirely worthless information.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Roleclaims are actions. I say to you, "I'm a priest", and you determine based on the facts at hand whether or not I'm lying. That is the fundamental core of Mafia.

The alternative to this is "powers" instead of "analysis". Instead of talking and exposing lies and using information, we just lean on seers and shit. Nobody talks. Everyone says "I have no information, so antismite LAC" until someone finally says "ok fine I'm a seer and I know LAC is a wolf." To me, that is the absolute definition of boring werewolf.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill

And then an wolf will make us that a true proven villager has the wolven trait and make us kill him, but doing that means you know that you'll be lynched next day

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Roleclaims are actions. I say to you, "I'm a priest", and you determine based on the facts at hand whether or not I'm lying. That is the fundamental core of Mafia.

The alternative to this is "powers" instead of "analysis". Instead of talking and exposing lies and using information, we just lean on seers and shit. Nobody talks. Everyone says "I have no information, so antismite LAC" until someone finally says "ok fine I'm a seer and I know LAC is a wolf." To me, that is the absolute definition of boring werewolf.
No you are completely twisting what I'm saying. I'm saying that it's more fun to vote for people because they seem like a wolf than to vote for them because you know someone is a villager. In classic werewolf there are only two power roles, so no, you're wrong, proving you're a role isn't an integral part of werewolf.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry. :p

So, if I'm understanding this right, I could be a Baker that's in the wolf convo and wins with the wolves?

I advise against this. It makes it near-impossible to root out all the wolves, since (for example) a wolven Mayor could show that his vote is worth double and be confirmed as a Mayor by multiple Wizards, but still be against the town. It would make proving peoples' roles pretty worthless; Sure, Vike's 100% proven to be a Guard, but he could still be a secret wolf so I can't trust him for shit.
Okay, so it would be better to get rid of the whole wolven trait idea, and just stick with the roles? That'd mean not all roles (town or otherwise) are guaranteed to be present, of course.
Maybe. A daily Toughness-giver will effectively negate the wolfkill for as many days as he is alive (since every person he Toughens is one more kill the wolves eventually have to make), though this is kinda balanced out by the extra kills from the Yoma. Your call.
Well, there will be 1 kill for the wolves and 1 kill for the Yoma each night. If the blacksmith gives out a shield each night, that'd keep the death count to just 1.

Shields wouldn't be able to protect against lynching, just wolfkills and Yoma attacks. Lynching is a be-all, end-all method of killing a suspect, except for the Yoma. If the town tries to lynch the Yoma, it will escape, be back to killing the next night, and its identity will be revealed. Only the Claymore can kill it.

In.
OP? How?

Why would anyone lynch such an easily provable role? Woe to the wolves if I get blacksmith. I'll be unlynchable, tell you right now.
Shields don't work against lynches.

M8 just because you're a blacksmith doesn't mean you're not a wolf.

I forgot to mention that I agree with shazam that having wolves who can 100% mask themselves as villagers is a bit silly and defeats the purpose of werewolf :p

Most of the town's roles are fillers, so we'll see how that goes...

My head hurts...

Also, you're the one that's been disagreeing with me.
Cheese, you've been super vocal lately... be nice y'all.
But then the wizards become pretty much worthless. Because they could find that pyure is a candlestick maker but that information would just be entirely worthless. All that means is he doesn't have a power, which is entirely worthless information.
Shall I alter this to also include whether or not the scanned player is wolven / a wolf?

Reactions: Shazam08