Yomawolf (WW Signup Thread) [CLOSED]

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
You live in a certain village, on a certain bluff near the highlands of a certain continent. For some time, your humble village has been under intermittent threat of bandits and pillagers, but recently there have been distant cries of wolves at nightfall. In addition, rumors have been spreading of terrible and gruesome monsters, worse than anyone's darkest nightmares and deadlier than an army. Will you be able to survive?

Roles and rules can be found HERE!

This is a basic-ish werewolf game (and my first time GM'ing one, pls be nice :c). Any questions?

Currently playing:
  1. goreae
  2. fowltief
  3. erindalc
  4. Spwnx
  5. Shazam08
  6. Vikestep
  7. SoraZodia
  8. RealKC
  9. Someone Else 37
  10. RJS
  11. Sgbros
  12. the_j485
  13. lenscas
  14. eeffoc
  15. ljfa
  16. Pyure
  17. 016Nojr

Last edited:

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Questions for a Mr. Tien!
  1. Rule #9: I think I'm misunderstanding this. Are you saying that any role can be a wolf?
  2. Tanner: Isn't this technically a neutral role, since its win condition differs from the town? :p
  3. Blacksmith: Just to confirm what a human is defined as- The Blacksmith hands out Shields, which grant Toughness and only work on townies. Right? If yes, do you consider this OP?
  4. Scryer: How does this work, specifically? If Pyure died last night and I was a Scryer, would I tell you "Talk with Pyure" and then join a convo with him tomorrow? Would the convo last forever? Could Pyure talk back?
  5. Yoma: Does he automatically kill a townie each night, or is it a killing power where he chooses the targets?
  6. Vlad: What does "sucking blood" entail? Does it hurt the human at all? Can he only drink blood from townies? What happens if he doesn't drink blood one night?
Looking good though, man.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Also, can the blacksmith keep shields for themself? Do shields stack? Is there any point to the variety of generic roles or are those just for flavor?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Questions for a Mr. Tien!
  1. Rule #9: I think I'm misunderstanding this. Are you saying that any role can be a wolf?
  2. Tanner: Isn't this technically a neutral role, since its win condition differs from the town? :p
  3. Blacksmith: Just to confirm what a human is defined as- The Blacksmith hands out Shields, which grant Toughness and only work on townies. Right? If yes, do you consider this OP?
  4. Scryer: How does this work, specifically? If Pyure died last night and I was a Scryer, would I tell you "Talk with Pyure" and then join a convo with him tomorrow? Would the convo last forever? Could Pyure talk back?
  5. Yoma: Does he automatically kill a townie each night, or is it a killing power where he chooses the targets?
  6. Vlad: What does "sucking blood" entail? Does it hurt the human at all? Can he only drink blood from townies? What happens if he doesn't drink blood one night?
Looking good though, man.
Could've asked me this while the game was still in the planning stages... *grumble gripe*
  1. The way I'm planning on doing it is like so: all players will receive a town role, and a few players will also be told that they are "wolven" (playing on the wolves' team). Special roles will not be given a wolven trait.
  2. Yes... but he doesn't really want the wolves to win, either. Just to be lynched. More of a jester-esque variety.
  3. That is correct, as a werewolf would typically be the one attacking, not the one defending. If a wolven player receives a shield, it's useless to them... you can't hide behind a metal wall to prevent hanging. I don't really think this is overpowered, as long as the blacksmith doesn't turn out to have horrible luck. There's way more players than can be made shields for nightly, anyway.
  4. Yes. No, you have to leave after one night. Yes.
  5. Can choose a target. If he forgets to choose one, or is blocked, he starves to death that night.
  6. The player whose blood has been siphoned will be informed of their wooziness, but that's it. Vlad does need to drink nightly in order to survive. If not, he starves that night and dies.
I'll add these notes to the main sheet if they sound reasonable.
My question is, does yoma only win by killing claymore or can they win by claymore dying period? And is the reverse the same?
Yes and yes.
Also, can the blacksmith keep shields for themself? Do shields stack? Is there any point to the variety of generic roles or are those just for flavor?
Yes. I assume that's not overpowered. Mostly for flavor, but also to ensure a good variety of roles to mix up the "I'm a generic townie scrubknuckle" claims.

~ backson

Reactions: Shazam08