Yomawolf (WW Signup Thread) [CLOSED]

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Shall I alter this to also include whether or not the scanned player is wolven / a wolf?

Yes, but make it contain lots of flavour text, so something like: "After looking through your Crystal Ball at RealKC you have discovered that he is a Balcksmith with lots of hair, very similar to an wolf!"

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Shields wouldn't be able to protect against lynching, just wolfkills and Yoma attacks.
That's my point. You're saying they're vulnerable to lynch. I was saying...no they're not because nobody would want to lynch them. I believe this was before I fully understood that wolves could establish themselves as villagers.

No you are completely twisting what I'm saying. I'm saying that it's more fun to vote for people because they seem like a wolf than to vote for them because you know someone is a villager. In classic werewolf there are only two power roles, so no, you're wrong, proving you're a role isn't an integral part of werewolf.
Think we're mostly on the same page dude. Where we're diverging is you think I'm saying I want to be able to prove I'm a role. What I'm actually saying is I don't want roles to be immune to analysis.

If a wolf can say he's a blacksmith and "prove" that, then there's no way for villagers to "prove" otherwise through fact-gathering. Yes we can work with "seems like a wolf" as you mentioned above, but then Mafia becomes more like Poker. I don't want this to boil down to trying to face-read someone's text. There should be an element of danger in lying.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Dude, the shields basically prove innocents and if Yoma dies the wolves can't kill anyone. Also, I don't consider myself the aggressor.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
That's my point. You're saying they're vulnerable to lynch. I was saying...no they're not because nobody would want to lynch them. I believe this was before I fully understood that wolves could establish themselves as villagers.

Think we're mostly on the same page dude. Where we're diverging is you think I'm saying I want to be able to prove I'm a role. What I'm actually saying is I don't want roles to be immune to analysis.

If a wolf can say he's a blacksmith and "prove" that, then there's no way for villagers to "prove" otherwise through fact-gathering. Yes we can work with "seems like a wolf" as you mentioned above, but then Mafia becomes more like Poker. I don't want this to boil down to trying to face-read someone's text. There should be an element of danger in lying.

Hmm. I sort of agree with you but also sort of disagree.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The thing is, if someone out and says they're the blacksmith and is immune to night attacks, then I'd be inclined to believe them. At that point, you either lynch the guy that's producing shields for the village or you leave him be and potentially spare a wolf. I think the wizards being able to tell the wolven or not wolven in a good idea. Because otherwise, there's absolutely no way to really tell if he's a wolf or not except by miticulously picking through his statements. If I was a wolven blacksmith, I'd abandon my bretheren and just go villager. We'd still win in the end because to all onlookers I'm a villager. I'd be the pied piper, leading the village to their inevitable doom, immune to all but lynch, and I'll have enough trusting followers to be able to survive any threats on my life. If a wolf gets wagoned, I'll be the first to hop on. If the wizards can tell the wolven trait, then as soon as I reveal as the invulnerable blacksmith, a wizard could scan me and see wolf, and my reign is over before it begins.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Pass. As fun as this sounds, I won't be able to pay a whole lot of attention to this game (and next) to give it justice.

I'll watch it, though.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I've updated the playerlist again, cleaned up the role/rule sheet, and added a tentative "summoner" town role. See how that looks.
Additionally, I've reversed my position on the whole wolven trait idea after some thought. It seems like it could give the wolves an unfair advantage, especially if they held a provable role. Save that for another experimental game...

Reactions: Shazam08 and Pyure

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I generally don't like reviver roles. Mostly because of what happened to me in the FMA game, with a constant stream of proven villagers.

Here's an idea: He could summon their spirits from the dead instead of reviving the player. These spirits can talk in the game thread, but can't talk in convos or vote, use powers, etc. Just talk. Maybe allow them to be in a convo with the summoner who revived them, but only that summoner.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Alternatively, one possible nerf for the Summoner role would be to not allow it to kick in until a few days into the game. A proven villager on day 3 is a serious problem for the wolves. A proven villager on day 5 or 6 is... less so.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I generally don't like reviver roles. Mostly because of what happened to me in the FMA game, with a constant stream of proven villagers.

Here's an idea: He could summon their spirits from the dead instead of reviving the player. These spirits can talk in the game thread, but can't talk in convos or vote, use powers, etc. Just talk. Maybe allow them to be in a convo with the summoner who revived them, but only that summoner.
Sounds like a more empowered version of the scryer. I'll think about it.

Barring other participants, I'm planning to start sending out roles in ~3.5 hours from now, and the first day will be slightly less than 48 hours long to accommodate for time zones and all. Sound good?

Reactions: Shazam08