Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of youtuber do FTB. From Yogs, to DaveChaos's crew, Docm, Mindcrack, Atomic, I even think Monkeyfarm has a little

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
You have a couple uu matter machines in ftb, Yogscast had them in tekkit as well.
Ah yes, I had forgotten that their pack was very similar Direwolf20's, no GregTech = easily achievable infinite UU matter in days (and it sounds like they already have the leftover resources to do that).

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jk. They made a vid and they linked FTB. Get ready Slow! Site Crashes are set to happen!

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
I Can't seem to find the proper link to check those out. The yogscast site is a mess to find stuff and they don't directly play youtube videos anymore (wich was letting us go directlky to their channels before), but they use another video player instead.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I watched the first FTB yogs video last night, made me think 2 things:
1- "wow I was right to unsub from these guys"
2- "why the fuck was I subbed to them in the first place...?"

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if a noob posted on technic forums "I want to play what yogscast are playing update yogbox" or something like that.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I Can't seem to find the proper link to check those out. The yogscast site is a mess to find stuff and they don't directly play youtube videos anymore (wich was letting us go directlky to their channels before), but they use another video player instead.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos

For simon and lewis, from there, you can click the portait icons top right to get to other channels.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if any here posted technic teams reaction I'm going to search this tread and if not then I will post a link to it

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Here's some Yogscast trivia for you: the name of their intro theme.

Certainly sounds like something Simon would choose ironically.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if any here posted technic teams reaction I'm going to search this tread and if not then I will post a link to it

I'm on the technic forums a lot and the reaction so far has been very positive about them moving to FTB. With a bunch of the community being glad that the yogcast is doing this move as they no longer need to deal with the users they attract. As technic was never about being popular and more about making modded mindcraft better for everyone even if you have to piss off some people to do it.

So if you were expecting doom and gloom you will be sadly let down.

Reactions: Mooseman9

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on the technic forums a lot and the reaction so far has been very positive about them moving to FTB. With a bunch of the community being glad that the yogcast is doing this move as they no longer need to deal with the users they attract. As technic was never about being popular and more about making modded mindcraft better for everyone even if you have to piss off some people to do it.

So if you were expecting doom and gloom you will be sadly let down.
Before they made any ftb videos kaker said something like: its bad for them their tekkit videos are more popular blah blah...

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Before they made any ftb videos kaker said something like: its bad for them their tekkit videos are more popular blah blah...

It is true that the yogcasts tekkit series was their most popular and the technic devs felt that due to that them moving to FTB was unlikely. But once the news was out that they were moving to FTB their reaction has been nothing but positive.

Reactions: Mooseman9

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
"Yeah I mean, they can do whatever. They can drop Tekkit if they wan't but it's their most popular series by a wide margin and from a business point of view they have no reason to drop it and burn all those fans. They have been staying above and ignoring all the petty bullshit until now and will probably continue to."
That was their reply when they saw the source. I haven't seen anything positive

Status
Not open for further replies.