Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Guess they didn't get permission for Damage Indicators... It is GONE. Soooo it's direwolf20 + liteloader voxel mods.

Reactions: kolikooo1

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Because those are the mods mostly everyone is use to and uses the most. Think about the exposure these mods have had. Only, to me, Factorization is the odd one out as I haven't seen a lot of people tout its wonderful use. well DW does but I can't think of anyone else off hand.

On a side note, any word if GameChap and Bertie joined the 'Cast? From the wiki they have icons like the others. The website is cheering the arrival of Zoey and Strippin. I am thinking Toby will join when he gets of age. Ohhh Tee and Zylus now have youtube channels.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm okies. I think it will be a move DaveChaos type thing. They will be good friends of Yogs, maybe join TGS, and still have their own channel. I kinda wish Martin did this then straight out join. Of course now I am a little worried about NerdCubed.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
It also looks like the DireWolf20 pack with some mods ripped out, or Tekkit Lite with a few mods added in. Why does everyone always use the same mods in their modpacks? Can't we get something other than the standard BuildCraft/IndustrialCraft/Red Power trio (which has evolved to include Thermal Expansion and Factorization recently)?
most of the big and fun mods are kinda the same type so person A that likes technical mods will get em all (sometimes no GT) and why not mix a bit magic in so you can waste time while waiting on UU to be made. person B that likes realisam will get terrafirmacraft and (almost) none of the mods that person A wants.
EDIT: this is not the topic

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking at a comparison. The pack has a fair amount of DW20 mods removed and really only advanced machines and voxelmods put it. It is even lacking factorization. They are sticking with what they know in terms of mods. Which means all the Xycraft stuff is gone.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking at a comparison. The pack has a fair amount of DW20 mods removed and really only advanced machines and voxelmods put it. It is even lacking factorization. They are sticking with what they know in terms of mods. Which means all the Xycraft stuff is gone.
So basically Tekkit Lite with Forestry and Railcraft thrown in?

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Ehhh I am more seeing a trimmed DW20 pack with powercoverters and advanced machines. Too bad I would have loved to have seen them use Soaryn's tanks.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
Well you also have to keep in mind they need permissions for the mods and basically the mods they have already have all permissions to be used in Feed the Beast, I would have loved to see them making a new Yogbox pack, but that would mean they would need to gather quite some permissions first.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
From watching Hanna's channel tonight it seems this time is going to be a lot of random things going on. Some planning but a lot less then from the first..i mean second tekkit season.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
From watching Hanna's channel tonight it seems this time is going to be a lot of random things going on. Some planning but a lot less then from the first..i mean second tekkit season.
What video on Hannah's channel was that? I didn't see anything about FTB.

I think that the Yogscast crew are predominately sticking with what they know, while branching out into TC3 and Forestry just to spice it up a bit. Personally, I think that it would be a lot more bearable to watch, with them only learning a couple of mods at once.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
Wait when I look at Lewis and Simons vids, I don't see the, playing ftb, only voltz? So is duncan and a few other people only playing ftb?

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
She was talking about it on her Sims 3 vid. She said her and Nilsey haven't done anything yet in their Tekkit Series. Give them time to put stuff out. Personally I don't mind the wait as it alows for other series to run.

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
So basically Tekkit Lite with Forestry and Railcraft thrown in?
If you say tekkit (lite/classic) and railcraft/forestry in 1 post and a fanboy comes... let's just say thing aren't going the best way possible. (I saw a tread on MC forums ppl were just talking normally about tekkit (classic) and suddenly a wild fanboy appeared "you guys know tekkit is illegal right?")

Reactions: Pokefenn

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I really liked the whole Yogscast's Tekkit series, do not like their Voltz series. They are constantly struggling in Voltz just to get recipes right or even figure out how the machines work.

Maybe it is just my simple mind but the "Simon Slapstick" made up some of the best parts of the Tekkit Series.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. The Voltz series really seems to violate the whole spirit of things they established in the Tekkit series.

Yes they probably spawned things in for the Tekkit Series "off camera" but at least they were trying to hide it. In Voltz it is blatant and really kills the interest for me.

Jul 29, 2019
Tekkit: "No, we can't spawn items in, but EE2 makes up for it!"
Voltz: "New series? Forget that, spawn items in! Get everything! Best machines!"

I shudder at the thought of their FTB series now, who knows how whiny they'll get over EE2 missing and spawn items in. Granted they have a ton of resources and items from the Tekkit series still there...

Status
Not open for further replies.