Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah people coming specifically because of the Yogscast will likely use the Yogscast pack, which should be out pretty soon. The only reason it's not out yet is because they don't have permissions for DamageIndicators yet.

Mooseman9

Jul 29, 2019
I have no bias for or against yogscast, I've never watched them, never read a youtube comment, and never went onto their forums.
But I am familiar with youtube, and everyone's going to get those odd comments. If this whole community switched to Tekkit, I think there would be some dumb questions "WHEUR IS BARRUELS".
Tekkit has barrels.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Your thinking of tekkit classic which is by far out dated, they moved on to tekkit lite now with all future updates. Which includes factorization and its barrels as well as a few other cool mods. However it is missing bukkit and a few other things due to a wide array of issues from permissions to no longer supported mods.

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I worry about the Yogfans is well...look at the whole BTW & Yogbox fiasco. However, I don't hate the Yogscast themselves, and I'm subscribed to several members.

Reactions: OmegaPython

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like yogscast are smart enough to know that ftb isn't tekkit 2.0 but some of their fans aren't "YAY TEKKIT IS BACK". I can't find anything new in their pack lalna said that their pack has twilight forest but most of ftb packs do.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I worry about the Yogfans is well...look at the whole BTW & Yogbox fiasco. However, I don't hate the Yogscast themselves, and I'm subscribed to several members.
What happened with Yogbox fiasco? And what does the yogscast have to do with btw? (soz for all the questions)

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
What happened with Yogbox fiasco? And what does the yogscast have to do with btw? (soz for all the questions)

They pretty much lost interest in the Yogbox and stopped updating it so far I know, which was kind of a shame cause it honestly was a pretty neat pack.

Reactions: Mooseman9

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
The fiasco in question was an incident where people on the MinecraftForums spammed the BetterThanWolves thread trying to get FlowerChild to let BTW be in the YogBox. The Yogscast didn't approve of it, and most of the Yogscast fanbase didn't approve of it either.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
They pretty much lost interest in the Yogbox and stopped updating it so far I know, which was kind of a shame cause it honestly was a pretty neat pack.

Sort of off topic, but if you really enjoyed Yogbox, go check out Plus Sigma, its the Yogbox's successor pack, and hella fun.

Reactions: Mooseman9

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
Sort of off topic, but if you really enjoyed Yogbox, go check out Plus Sigma, its the Yogbox's successor pack, and hella fun.

Isn't that part of the Plus+ pack?

Back on topic, I would have figured Simon and Lewis to have switched too, but I have yet to see any video from them where they use the FTB pack.

Reactions: Whovian

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't that part of the Plus+ pack?

Back on topic, I would have figured Simon and Lewis to have switched too, but I have yet to see any video from them where they use the FTB pack.
They're probably still working out what to do. Word is that they're going to go a bit more planned-story-driven such as SoI or Rythian's tekkit series,

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
They're probably still working out what to do. Word is that they're going to go a bit more planned-story-driven such as SoI or Rythian's tekkit series,

I kinda wish they didn't, not that I don't mind their story-driven vids but even before Tinman left it took so horribly long before the let out a new video with Sol, their story-driven series tend to be really slow.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
looks like yogscast FTB pack is now out of beta
It also looks like the DireWolf20 pack with some mods ripped out, or Tekkit Lite with a few mods added in. Why does everyone always use the same mods in their modpacks? Can't we get something other than the standard BuildCraft/IndustrialCraft/Red Power trio (which has evolved to include Thermal Expansion and Factorization recently)?

Status
Not open for further replies.