Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
technic forums is like 4chan.

your argument is invalid.

That's a weak statement, the Technic Forums are hardly any different then the official Minecraft forums, to compare them to 4chan is exaggeration.

aparently the PS4 will be $1200 on launch...
$500 and $600, Sony could never market a $1200 console, no one would buy it. They learned from their overpriced Vita launch

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
well, in the minecraft forums admins don't come and say to you "stop mastur(bating) and think with the head" when you tell them that optifine and mo' creatures have no permissions to be in the packs.

not every1 can watch the same sacond that the video is out (work, timezones)

what I mean is that FTB forums could not have crashed from it...

kolikooo1

Jul 29, 2019
i dont like that in the video the map is the same, FTB adds tons of stuff but it also adds new ways to do old stuff.

well, in the minecraft forums admins don't come and say to you "stop mastur(bating) and think with the head" when you tell them that optifine and mo' creatures have no permissions to be in the packs.

what I mean is that FTB forums could not have crashed from it...

i know that i just wanted some1 to blame, if it was my internet i would have to do stuff to fix it so i just hoped it wasent.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019

No, instead the Minecraft Forums perpetuate the flames of a long dead fire that you are currently fanning. Nobody is telling the Technic Team that Optifine and Mo' Craptures have no permission, because they aren't in the packs. In a similar vein to FTB, most people want to know why those mods aren't included. You and a lot of other people seem to have some personal vendetta against good 'ol Technic, and it makes you sound whiny {redacted name calling}

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
just because its an old version doesn't mean we can let it pass like nothing, if not, FTB could just do a version with optifine, 5 seconds later push another one without it, and you will not be able to say nothing because it's old?

anyway, it was just an example.

Reactions: kolikooo1

Lord.of.life

Jul 29, 2019
The yogscast don't need to ask for any permission from the FTB team or modders. As far as we're concerned they are just a group of guys that altered a pack to play on their server.
So far Mindcrack and Direwolf went to the FTB team and said "Yes, we want a pack of our own" and those are maintained by the team and are available in the launcher.
Now have the yogs done the same? We'll see, but I'd like to see the pack in the launcher and it is kinda better for them to switch to a modpack that has been better supported and is updated.

EDIT: Just for the record former Technic/Tekkit devs are now working on the Technic Platform which by itself apparently only keeps an index of packs and where to download them. An archive, much like a torrent index.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
If you look they already removed technic fully from the launcher as it is a old legacy pack that was replaced with tekkit lite which they have full permission for. The only pack that is still listed with possible permission issues is tekkit classic which will be removed once they have a viable solution for the bukkit issue. Once that is resolved in a acceptable way they will retire that pack and replace it with a new tekkit with full permissions. As the technic devs have learned from their mistakes and now are working hard to get all the needed permissions for any future version of their official packs.

Also they are working on their new platform system that allows anyone to create their own mod pack and distribute it though technic. How ever the author of the pack has to be willing to take on the burden of hosting the files and dealing with mod permissions themselves. Since all technic is doing is supplying a index and easy means to access the packs but nothing beyond that.

Sourpowerpete

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB team has helped to convert their old tekkit world into the new FTB world, so Slowpoke is well aware that they've switched to FTB.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yes, it is a shame that they carried across their old world, but just think of the headache to ensure that all the object IDs were correct between Tekkit and the custom FTB pack that the yogs are using. That setup would definitely not be compatible with any other pack.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Xbox720 (for real)
No.

just because its an old version doesn't mean we can let it pass like nothing, if not, FTB could just do a version with optifine, 5 seconds later push another one without it, and you will not be able to say nothing because it's old?
An old version of FTB released a dev version of a mod that wasn't supposed to be out yet. An old version of FTB launcher compromised accounts of people who posted debug logs. Should we continue to deride the FTB team for these past mistakes?

Reactions: Mooseman9

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
An old version of FTB released a dev version of a mod that wasn't supposed to be out yet. An old version of FTB launcher compromised accounts of people who posted debug logs. Should we continue to deride the FTB team for these past mistakes?

Those were mistakes, what technic did, was just ''lol, who cares about mod permissions'' and just a LONG time later, they asked for them.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
They propably never would if it wasn't for the high pressure after FTB got released.

also Covert removed the permissions of tekkit lite (or it was voltz?) because he didn't even KNOW his mod was in that pack. Nobody told him, nobody asked him...

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
also Covert removed the permissions of tekkit lite (or it was voltz?) because he didn't even KNOW his mod was in that pack. Nobody told him, nobody asked him...

It was Tekkit Lite, though IDK if Voltz still has Railcraft.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
This topic is derailing again, the whole Tekkit thing and it's permission is not what this topic is about.

So now that Duncan made the first step, who will be the next one to follow? Personally I hope Sjin and Sips, I find their series more entertaining that Lewis and Simon these days.

Reactions: nobody647

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
a lot of people think that the yogscast is only lewis and simon...

back on topic: too bad they didn't restart the world (not even aura lol) so they could start from 0 explaining new stuff of ftb, mods, etc.

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
This topic is derailing again, the whole Tekkit thing and it's permission is not what this topic is about.

So now that Duncan made the first step, who will be the next one to follow? Personally I hope Sjin and Sips, I find their series more entertaining that Lewis and Simon these days.

I am personally really interested in what Rythian is going to do. He just ended Season 2 of his series, so now he might change it up and continue on using TC3.

Also, they might have just transferred the old world so they could keep all their hard work (such as Duncan's castle), and so they could get right to covering FTB without having to do all the mining and stuff (same reason they cheated in stuff for Voltz).

Reactions: nobody647

Mooseman9

Jul 29, 2019
As the technic devs have learned from their mistakes and now are working hard to get all the needed permissions for any future version of their official packs.
I wouldn't necessarily call it a mistake, more of a 'it doesn't matter in the slightest'.

Status
Not open for further replies.