XyCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Sulfur goop drops from sulphur/aluminum torches, seen in the picture, and can be used as dye (and fertilizer I think, however this seems broken, that might be why yours is disappearing).
Btw, another one with Einstein sig, huh?

Mymiya

Jul 29, 2019
if you click on something other than grass or something you can normally apply bonemeal to, it acts like it uses the goo but doesn't do anything. Use it on a patch of grass and it will act like bonemeal.

Scum

Jul 29, 2019
3. aluminum foil
this item would work as a type of food upgrader
you would use this to make (new dishes)
that would heal for more health
also you can make aluminum foil hats for those pesky aliens(old joke i know)

Eating aluminum foil always makes my food taste better.

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
After watching the Season Play on Direwolf20's channel, I can honestly say I can't wait for the other 'half' of this mod. Looking forward to building the machines with all of the ores I have collected. The block are beautiful and make great building material.

Best of luck to you Soaryn.

Reactions: Zmaster27

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Small bug, I think, with Sweetcorn. Don't know if it's been mentioned.

Frequently, planting new seeds makes the seedling and some of the neighbouring seedlings vanish. Haven't used bonemeal on them yet to force growth (just starting out), so getting a decent size crop is slow progress, with 25-66% of my seeds being "lost".
It's very random though, I haven't noticed a pattern.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Small bug, I think, with Sweetcorn. Don't know if it's been mentioned.

Frequently, planting new seeds makes the seedling and some of the neighbouring seedlings vanish. Haven't used bonemeal on them yet to force growth (just starting out), so getting a decent size crop is slow progress, with 25-66% of my seeds being "lost".
It's very random though, I haven't noticed a pattern.
This is a vanilla bug. Happens to all the crops in certain places. Move your field :). (Ought to help if it's really that bug and not something else)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
It's only the sweetcorn that I've ever noticed it on. Happens on DW20's let's play map (just in front of his farms, I downloaded to test with) and on my actual game world atop a redrock mountain system.
Never noticed lost seeds with any other plants, vanilla or modded. Hannequen plants are fine. Got a nice large crop of those.

mutopian

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed this on the Mindcrack pack as well and I've found that I have to plant corn onto "well irrigated" soil before the seed takes.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
The machines I see on DW20's videos seem overpowered to me, when combined with other mods.
I like the water and leaf blocks, but for example tanks look way too cheap when compared with RailCraft tanks (which basically seem to do the same, but look far less cool).
The automatic transport / sharing of items and liquids between blocks is nice, but transportation generally costs energy (even if the required amount is small enough for a redstone engine). The same holds for the autocrafting.

For example, take the way the bog earth is created in the peat farm. Normally, it would require a carpenter (which eats BC energy and water) and mulch (which requires an extra machine and a steady supply of wheat and seeds) in order to automate this, not to forget the pipes / tubes to connect them. Now it kind of feels like things are created out of nothing. Even a system in which water buckets are used instead of a carpenter would require specialized machines for generating water, getting the water into the bucket, moving the bucket around and crafting the bog earth.
I can think of a few different examples where the shown XyCraft machines give you an unfair (in my opinion) advantage.

Will there at least be an energy network involved with these machines at some point?

Also, I have noticed the corn bug. It happened to me once and I thought in was intentional. It stopped happening though. I may have installed a different version (DW20 pack on FTB) since, or I might just be lucky now (I have not moved my farm). It was really only corn.

EDIT: mutopian may be right. It could be that it has only happened while creating the farm. However, I would expect the seed no to be planted at all (instead of breaking).

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
The machines I see on DW20's videos seem overpowered to me, when combined with other mods.
I like the water and leaf blocks, but for example tanks look way too cheap when compared with RailCraft tanks (which basically seem to do the same, but look far less cool).
The automatic transport / sharing of items and liquids between blocks is nice, but transportation generally costs energy (even if the required amount is small enough for a redstone engine). The same holds for the autocrafting.

For example, take the way the bog earth is created in the peat farm. Normally, it would require a carpenter (which eats BC energy and water) and mulch (which requires an extra machine and a steady supply of wheat and seeds) in order to automate this, not to forget the pipes / tubes to connect them. Now it kind of feels like things are created out of nothing. Even a system in which water buckets are used instead of a carpenter would require specialized machines for generating water, getting the water into the bucket, moving the bucket around and crafting the bog earth.
I can think of a few different examples where the shown XyCraft machines give you an unfair (in my opinion) advantage.

Will there at least be an energy network involved with these machines at some point?

Also, I have noticed the corn bug. It happened to me once and I thought in was intentional. It stopped happening though. I may have installed a different version (DW20 pack on FTB) since, or I might just be lucky now (I have not moved my farm). It was really only corn.

EDIT: mutopian may be right. It could be that it has only happened while creating the farm. However, I would expect the seed no to be planted at all (instead of breaking).

An energy net is in the works if you watch the S3 SMP Finale episode of DW20's you see the beginnings of it (currently just pretty lasers) and on one of the streams Soaryn did say something along the lines of that they may change the autocrafter (forget the name of it ATM) to take upgrades or power though didn't want it to use power as it is considered tier 1.

nerdroc

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, not sure how often this page gets viewed. But I had a great idea for the mod so I figured I'd suggest it. My idea is to allow liquid storage of potions in tanks, and allow them to be put into the aluminum cans. I've noticed a lot of people like collecting liquids in tanks just for the fun of it, and potion making seems almost untouched by mods. I thought mass collection of potions in a tank could fit into xycraft pretty well. Anyways, just an idea! Love the mod from what i've seen!

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

DVeagle74

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of the tanks, If it is made of glass is the liquid inside visible? Because that would be awesome. especially with that xycraft glass that they showed in the forgecraft server

TheSirusKing

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps a Large Door? a 3x3 or a 3x4 Multiblock Door that can be made of any block :eek:
And i agree with keeping potions in Tanks >.<

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Perhaps a Large Door? a 3x3 or a 3x4 Multiblock Door that can be made of any block :eek:
And i agree with keeping potions in Tanks >.<
There's a new twilight forest block that's acting like a door, but I'm not sure that you can take it away from the building it generates in, sadly.
Something that works like that would be so very nice.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Although too early to tell yet, XYCraft ores seem excessive in world gen. The amount of aluminum that I'm just ignoring as I mine is crazy, and I've got more stacks of the crystal ores then I have of my redstone, gold and copper combined! That's before I even build my first automated mining system.

Status
Not open for further replies.