Xycraft Multitanks and Lag.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
GZqR4ci.jpg

Reactions: ApSciLiara

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really dissapointed in the Mindcrack guys right now.... They're ignoring the community (who KNOW what is wrong and how to fix it) and blaming it all on Xycraft. Sure, Forgecraft had some Xycraft problems and I bet they cause a ton of lag, but saying "ban it from your servers" is shocking.

Reactions: RedBoss

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
FG has something to do with fabricators causing 83 percent of the server lag (before they were publicly released), but it makes me wonder what got through testing unnoticed.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
We need to ignore Guudes tweet. He's a human being that has has the misfortune of admining a FTB server. This is not a fun thing to do and after a while will grate on your god damn nerves soul especially considering the server is an LP server and needs to preform well. He really outta hand off server debugging to more people (as he's started to do now) to take the pressure off himself.

90% of the issue IMO is the chunk loading/unloading that was happening and is still happening to a lesser degree. RP and overkill setups and apparently three chickens flapping in water are the last 10%. Its possible the wireless redstone is doing something to load and unload chunks as well. The limitations of Minecraft itself are really showing though, and until Minecraft is designed FOR MODDING these sort of issues will rear their ugly head over and over. The game needs hardest ceilings that mods have to follow so this crap doesn't happen. You cant expect people like Nebris to know this stuff is going to cause issues, we are all just here to make cool stuff and have fun.[DOUBLEPOST=1368681806][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you watched the video, GB explained that 90% of their lag issues was due to unloading and loading chunks. Keep up.

actually we need blocks to be able to communicate directly instead of the current "Hey! One of the blocks around you changed! see if you need to do anything with it."

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
I remember in 1.2.5. that BuildCraft was the worst lagger of all pretty much.

That's been fixed for ages, we put a lot of work into optimizing Buildcraft over the last 8 months or so.

I know someone mentioned liquid pipes on the edges of a chunk window causing lag, but that's probably IO lag from loading/saving chunks constantly because MC insists on loading chunks whenever something tries accessing them. I should probably sprinkle some blockExists() checks around. Though that might result in items spewing instead, hmm...

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
That's been fixed for ages, we put a lot of work into optimizing Buildcraft over the last 8 months or so.

I know someone mentioned liquid pipes on the edges of a chunk window causing lag, but that's probably IO lag from loading/saving chunks constantly because MC insists on loading chunks whenever something tries accessing them. I should probably sprinkle some blockExists() checks around. Though that might result in items spewing instead, hmm...
It would be fine for liquids, though.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
actually we need blocks to be able to communicate directly instead of the current "Hey! One of the blocks around you changed! see if you need to do anything with it."

Yes thats partly what Im talking about. Things are done in a convoluted manner, and its mostly upto Mojang to update their shit. I like ponys as much as the next guy but the game needs to be gutted and refit with developers in mind.

People can sit and say how disapointed in mindcrackers they are, but they can pipe down. Try admining a system that doesnt want to work with its parts and have some empathy. They dont *really* want people to get rid of the mod, they are just frustrated as hell and want shit to work. Meanwhile Soaryn is tasting his own bit of frustration in how people are handling their own frustration. I dont personally thing his tanks are the source of the issue, but are one of likely several things that trigger the anomaly in some indirect way. However him not putting out the 1.5.x beta for his stuff undermines the quality of betatesting, so what does he expect to happen in the future?

Its a bit of a clusterfuck right now.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
KingLemming should make magma crucibles turn hay into liquid when 1.6 hits. By then, Xycraft should be out, and I will fill a max size xy tank with liquid hay and measure its effect on performance.

That will end this discussion once and for all.

Thank you.

Reactions: Anubis

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Guess I'll have to bale on this joke. It isn't very stable. *horses'

KingLemming should make magma crucibles turn hay into liquid when 1.6 hits. By then, Xycraft should be out, and I will fill a max size xy tank with liquid hay and measure its effect on performance.

That will end this discussion once and for all.

Thank you.

Would you drink it with a straw?