Xbox One or PS4?

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
I'm honestly not sure which one of these I want to get. I'll say a few things first

1. Don't say PC, I already have plans for that
2. I prefer an Xbox 360 controller
3. I already have an Xbox 360
4. Most of my friends are getting an Xbox One
5. Price is a bit of an issue for me

Thanks for any input

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well, I guess you already know the answer but the cost is the problem... I'd suggest to save a bit longer till you can pay for the xbox one

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
Neither looks all that compelling to me at this stage. The whole generation change seems like they're both just shrugging and saying 'well, guess we better make a new one before Nintendo launches something that's actually new'. Personally I'm going to wait until actual games start happening, so I can get a better overview of developer support (not just the evanescent verbal kind).

Given the points you raise, I suppose playing with or along with friends would weigh the heaviest to me. The controller is a non-issue thanks to adapters and the like, you have the PC sorted and the price tag can be dealt with over time.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Personally i'll be getting an PS4, I prefer the sony exclusives (the PS3 was worth it just for Demon's souls IMO). Also my PC is pretty old, gtting the parts for a decent (by today's standards) one would probably be more expensive as well. Then again, I don't know anyone that still plays games anymore, so the ability to play with other people is a non-issue for me.

To the OP: Given that you already have an Xbox 360, and most of your friends will be getting Xbox 1's, this should pretty much be a no-brainer.

Reactions: Succubism

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
ill be getting a ps4 first, because of the exclusives and plus the fact when 360 came out it took years for them to fix there RROD and i still have my ps3 from near release date.....i went through 4 360s. thank you costco for having the best return policy!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
None of the above? I have zero respect for either console.

* grumbles about the good ol' days of gaming *

Ditto this.

I can keep my preferred device (I won't mention PCs per the OP's request) at top of the line capability for less than half of what some lemmings pay for console games in a year, plus I can do a whole lot more with it.

I dare you to create a mod using only a console for programming, let alone apply it to said console right now.

Come to think of it, why even bring up consoles in the forum for a set of mod packs that they cannot use, at least in the foreseeable future?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I know you said don't say it, but I was originally going to choose one of the consoles before I decided to just stick with PC.

But if I had to choose, I'd go with the PS4. I just wouldn't feel comfortable using an Xbone, all things considered.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
I've played long before the console battles originated, but ever since the xbox came out I've been with Xbox all the way. So for me it would be the Xbox one, not saying that the PS4 isn't great, because by all specs it is a fancy piece of machinery all things considered, but it just wouldn't feel right switching after so long.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
I've played long before the console battles originated, but ever since the xbox came out I've been with Xbox all the way. So for me it would be the Xbox one, not saying that the PS4 isn't great, because by all specs it is a fancy piece of machinery all things considered, but it just wouldn't feel right switching after so long.
you just admitted your an xbox fan boy and are basing your decision on specs...these days spec on the two machines are the same. its content. and choosing based on brand name/specs is saying i care about image not games. break free of the fan boy world and just enjoy games for being games

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, one of my friends has already gotten the Xbone.
714-epic-facepalm.jpg

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it started with the complete disregard for the customers' opinions. Also the fact that it has no good games coming out for it revealed.
no realy good choice on games will make me want to fork money done atm for either, and also waiting 6 months+ to buy a system means you get usually the models that have been tweeked to get those glitches the buyers of release have. for me frist will be ps4 because im a huge infamous and rachet and clank fan, but will get a xbox one because i love my shooters on that system

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
no realy good choice on games will make me want to fork money done atm for either, and also waiting 6 months+ to buy a system means you get usually the models that have been tweeked to get those glitches the buyers of release have. for me frist will be ps4 because im a huge infamous and rachet and clank fan, but will get a xbox one because i love my shooters on that system
I'm waiting for a certain game, inFamous to come out before I get the PS4. That will be 1/4/2013. 5 months from now.