Xbox One or PS4?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that this video is relevant to this discussion. :p

that wast the best thing in the history of ever... but back on topic i ussualy get what my friends are getting so we can play together, but if my half my friends are getting one console and half my friends are getting the other it I just get both... thats why i have an n64 ,a gamecube, a ps1 ,a ps2, a ps3 and xbox ,an xbox 360, a wii, a wii u,and an atari 2600... and a dream cast. if you cant guess i am getting both consoles.:p

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
you just admitted your an xbox fan boy and are basing your decision on specs...these days spec on the two machines are the same. its content. and choosing based on brand name/specs is saying i care about image not games. break free of the fan boy world and just enjoy games for being games

You just called me an xbox fan boy? But yet you are getting one? I do enjoy games for games. My main fact is that most of my friends are from xbox live and will be moving on to the xbox one, it would make little since to get a ps4 and not play with the same people in a my clan that's been together for 11 years. Moreover I really dislike Sony, I've had a bad experience with them overall and would rather spend my money on a xbox.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
You just called me an xbox fan boy? But yet you are getting one? I do enjoy games for games. My main fact is that most of my friends are from xbox live and will be moving on to the xbox one, it would make little since to get a ps4 and not play with the same people in a my clan that's been together for 11 years. Moreover I really dislike Sony, I've had a bad experience with them overall and would rather spend my money on a xbox.

I dont understand your logic?
if you read my post, after i get a ps4 and if you read my post i get consoles to enjoy the games. owning both a playstation and an xbox makes me a xboxfan boy i dont understand that/

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
With the current answers, he might as well have put up a poll.

I suspect that we'll get better games with the Xbone, but better stability with the PS4, as it has always been. So I'd go Xbone.

"Xbox off! ... yes!"

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
Do you still have to pay $5 a month for Xbox Live? I haven't used it in a really long time. :p If cost is an issue, then don't pay $5 a month extra for a console that is already $100 more expensive than the other console.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I was an Xbox user for a long time (Original Xbox Softmod FTW!), but never did Live in earnest, which started to annoy me when it started to become required for certain apps (like Netflix). I tended not to bother with the multiplayer side of stuff, so the major draw of XBL was moot for me, but I was essentially being told that I needed a subscription service to access a subscription service, which irked me somewhat.

Started using my gf's PS3, and eventually got one myself, and found that, in spite of not liking the controller, I generally preferred the interface and use of the PS3, and there was a legitimate reason for me to get PS+ (free-ish games!), combined with the offers and various other bits, it made it easy and cheap.

From a technical standpoint, the consoles aren't too dissimilar, for my purposes. The major difference is the Kinect, and the tuner stuff, which would be fine, if it was going in the living room, but as the consoles go in our office, where we can both be gaming together or independently, it's a little pointless (plus the fact that MS apparently didn't work out that anywhere not on the US display frequencies might need a little extra consideration for these things). Both consoles announced that it's more or less a clean slate deal (no backwards compatibility), so there's no value to loyalty, and the PS4 seems to fit me better.

There's also the fact that I have issues with MS decisions in a number of departments of late, but that's a topic for another time.

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
You need to watch this review. Asking a forum is probably isn't the best idea.

Both consoles are amazing. Both have pros and cons.

I own an Xbox one and PS4

HarryJW

Jul 29, 2019
If i had to choose a console it would probably be the PS4 :) Of course i would rather game on PC ;)

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
Im waiting to get a free one with my phone like I did the Xbox 360. From what ive seen online neither are really worth getting just yet. Just have to wait and see. I still like playing on my PC. Never really got into the console buzz even as a child I had the Spectrum rather than the NES, Amiga rather than... would it be some kind of SEGA/SNES thing. The only console that I really liked was the jaguar by Atari. But again that could be because I had a 2600 as a young child :)