Windows .exe X-Ray Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbobmicjoe

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to install an X-Ray mod into Feed the Beast? I've tried putting .zip into mods folder, putting class files into jar, and none work. Any help is appreciated.

I want the X-Ray mod. I dont want to spawn the stuff in.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Why not try to play the game by chance like the rest of us? What version of the mod are you trying to use? For MC 1.4.2, 1.4.4 or 1.4.5?

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
The only person you're cheating is yourself when using x-ray.....btw, make your life easy and just use a 16bit x ray texture pack >.> *sigh* the man requested help ;P gotta give it.

Reactions: mrbobmicjoe

RubeX

Jul 29, 2019
I have X-ray mod for Feed The Beast 1.4.2
How to install:
1: Download The mod (Link will be added)
2: Open your FTBBETAA folder
3: Open your instmod Folder
4: Drag and drop the X-ray mod (Right next to "Minecraft Forge")
5: Finish![DOUBLEPOST=1356478833][/DOUBLEPOST]Link to X-ray Mod
Minecraft 1.4.2

http://www.mediafire.com/?ad58bh79blzq9jy

1ManleyMiner

Jul 29, 2019
The only person you're cheating is yourself when using x-ray.....btw, make your life easy and just use a 16bit x ray texture pack >.> *sigh* the man requested help ;P gotta give it.

Not correct, Griefers us it to find other players places underground and raid them. :(

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm disappointed in all of you.

If he wants to use an xray mod that's his own damn business, not yours.
Who the hell are you people to look down on someone like that?

You're here to provide support for people who ask for it.
How about we behave like adults, put aside our high-and-mighty masks and do our damn jobs.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm disappointed in all of you.

If he wants to use an xray mod that's his own damn business, not yours.
Who the hell are you people to look down on someone like that?

You're here to provide support for people who ask for it.
How about we behave like adults, put aside our high-and-mighty masks and do our damn jobs.
Actually here is the thing. We are being the adults. We are trying our best to convince him not to use it. He is insisting. however...heh xray-mod for FTB? its only going to show the vanilla ores unless you pre-define them in a config...if it has one.

I also see where you are getting at but disagree with it. He is asking for our help yes. But he never said not to give him lip about using the mod.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just going to point something out.
Point of a videogame: to have fun by surmounting challenges,
If the challenge is removed, the fun is much more short lived.
*shrug* honestly, the point of an x-ray mod in single player at all, is lost on me.
(and using one in SMP is generally against the rules ;) )

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
*shrug* honestly, the point of an x-ray mod in single player at all, is lost on me.
That is generally an opinion. It is a possible reason to play a game to have fun but it does not have to be the purpose of all video games.

Some enjoy simply seeing a "hack" perform or it is more fun for them to use an x-ray than to actually do it through work. Just because you can't understand that doesn't mean it's not true.

@OP you'll probably need an x-ray that has a configurable key.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Actually here is the thing. We are being the adults. We are trying our best to convince him not to use it. He is insisting. however...heh xray-mod for FTB? its only going to show the vanilla ores unless you pre-define them in a config...if it has one.

I also see where you are getting at but disagree with it. He is asking for our help yes. But he never said not to give him lip about using the mod.
First off, he never asked for your opinion. Don't ask, don't tell.
Second, don't kid yourself by putting yourself above others and calling yourself tall. You're not doing it to help him. You're doing it because you don't agree with it. You simply must put your opinion forward. Not necessarily a bad thing if you can admit it.
Lastly, I would expect that I wouldn't have to ask not for lip in a support request. What they ask for is of no consequence to you. Just give him what he wants and keep your closed minded opinions to yourself.

Let me point something out to you.
The challenge is for them to enforce. Not you. If you keep him away or force him away what he's asking for, you turn your opinion into a dictation. This is considered as much against the "rules" as xraying is to an SMP server.
Furthermore. Consider the possibility he wishes to use the mod for his own server in order to moderate it and distinguish other xrayers if at all.

So don't you dare condescend me by lecturing me on the basic concepts of video gaming like a cheeky brat.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
How about you get off your high horse. I don't see the tag Forum Moderator anywhere on you at all. So you know what. you are no different then us. We are entitled to give our opinions whether you like it or not. Unless you hold some form of authority in this forum. Which you clearly do not. Don't go about telling people what to do. I don't give a flying fat fook if yer ranked as a active member with lots of likes and lots of points. Those mean nothing to me. You don't know the meaning of the words. "If it doesn't concern you. Then don't bother." We were trying to help him by not helping him. Simple as that. Now if you excuse me i have tea to drink.

Reactions: Greevir

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
How about you get off your high horse. I don't see the tag Forum Moderator anywhere on you at all. So you know what. you are no different then us. We are entitled to give our opinions whether you like it or not. Unless you hold some form of authority in this forum. Which you clearly do not. Don't go about telling people what to do. I don't give a flying fat fook if yer ranked as a active member with lots of likes and lots of points. Those mean nothing to me. You don't know the meaning of the words. "If it doesn't concern you. Then don't bother." We were trying to help him by not helping him. Simple as that. Now if you excuse me i have tea to drink.
I'll take this as a: "I'm beaten but I don't want to admit it."
No. I'm not a forum moderator. I don't want to be one. I don't even want to be a Trusted or Known, if I woke up to find that title under my user I'd despise it, though I find it amusing you bring up my title at all.
Here's the difference between you and me, where you see your opinions as rightful justification, I see mine as what it is; me simply throwing my two cents into the mix. I'm well aware of the fact that my opinion means little to nothing depending on how people read it and I care very little about how they read it, especially on this site. Those who know me, know that I'll back-talk the staff just to get my cents thrown onto the pile. But then I still know when to call it quits.

However given the rage you've pretty much exploded into, I'd say my opinion has gone above and beyond what I hoped it would achieve.

I hope you learn from this if nothing else. Sometimes it's just better to keep your mouth shut. Especially when you're beaten and/or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.