Would you build this?

• Total voters

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Imagine you had a potential source of energy so powerful that it eclipsed the generation capabilities of everything else in the game, capable of being pushed to 5 million RF/t and beyond.
However, this power comes at a cost - the necessary structure is large, complex, and expensive, necessitating over 1500 blocks placed in the exact correct locations. Additionally, while the fuel is not expensive to mass-produce, the system burns though large amounts of it, up to several buckets a second. Furthermore, the system requires a constant power input of about 24000RF/t to keep running.

Would you build this? What if there was tech that either required this or could be pushed to extremes with it?

How about if it looked like this?
JSmw3wi.png

Last edited:

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
Um, YEAH! Reika you've managed to renew interest in Minecraft for a lot of people including me. I would totally build this thing.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Most of it is render-related, in fact. Look away and 80% of the FPS drop goes away.
The drop is also not that bad; it did take me to about 30% of my FPS, but it is still more than playable.
Do you have a good comp? What fps do you get when looking at it?

Reactions: 1SDAN and NegaNote

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Is there even a use for that much power or will you be adding one?
Is there a need for a system in GT to allow the automatic construction of GT Fusion Reactors that requires GT Fusion Reactors? It's a fun end game task. Sometimes that's the only reason we do things, because we can.

Sometimes it's not a matter of "Why?", but simply of matter of "Why Not?". Both in Science and Engineering.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft is capable of amazing things when you have that much power.
I'm sure you could grind ores faster than you can collect them, or mine hundreds of chunks in seconds. I'm just asking if there will ever be anything with enough power draw to need to make one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote