Would you build this?

• Total voters

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
And?

Also, your number is about 30% too low.

no, its correct, notice 'usable', ie including the 10,696EU/t fuel system, it was greatly nerfed after 1.5 generally so his matter fabricators weren't needed anymore.

problem that occurs here though, your fusion reactor is so powerful that I could have 8 stacks of mass fabricators and still have another 7/8 of a setup to go before I actually get close to using all the power, and I'm already below 10FPS with only 64 dynamos and 25% of the reactor set up, what exactly did you intend this to be used for...?

I came across a similar problem with bigreactors, simple solution was to just not use it at all as it was completely broken and impractical, I'm also a little confused with your new turbine generator multiblock as neither can you use it with the HP turbine, but its twice the size of the standard turbines that only supply 1/85 of the power...

edit; ok, so, I just loaded the map up again, I now have 3 standard turbines running just under a GW, compared to before when they were only getting ~100MW, but big catch, they were disconnected from the reactor before I left the game earlier, they're running indefinitely from duplicated steam...

I think your steam delivery is very very broken...

edit again; ok with further fiddling Ive gotten the generator to attach to the HP turbine, same bag as what the injectors were doing I guess, and mekanism's cables seem a suitable medium to extract the power out of...

however I still have no idea what I could use 1,526,285RF/t * 8-10turbines with, Ill need a couple of stacks of ultimate cable PER turbine for a start...

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
no, its correct, notice 'usable', ie including the 10,696EU/t fuel system, it was greatly nerfed after 1.5 generally so his matter fabricators weren't needed anymore.

problem that occurs here though, your fusion reactor is so powerful that I could have 8 stacks of mass fabricators and still have another 7/8 of a setup to go before I actually get close to using all the power, and I'm already below 10FPS with only 64 dynamos and 25% of the reactor set up, what exactly did you intend this to be used for...?

I came across a similar problem with bigreactors, simple solution was to just not use it at all as it was completely broken and impractical, I'm also a little confused with your new turbine generator multiblock as neither can you use it with the HP turbine, but its twice the size of the standard turbines that only supply 1/85 of the power...

edit; ok, so, I just loaded the map up again, I now have 3 standard turbines running just under a GW, compared to before when they were only getting ~100MW, but big catch, they were disconnected from the reactor before I left the game earlier, they're running indefinitely from duplicated steam...

I think your steam delivery is very very broken...

edit again; ok with further fiddling Ive gotten the generator to attach to the HP turbine, same bag as what the injectors were doing I guess, and mekanism's cables seem a suitable medium to extract the power out of...

however I still have no idea what I could use 1,526,285RF/t * 8-10turbines with, Ill need a couple of stacks of ultimate cable PER turbine for a start...
No, steam built up in the lines. None was duplicated.

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
No, steam built up in the lines. None was duplicated.

no, I was sure I tested that it wasn't just built up steam, they were generating only ~100MW each when attached to the reactor, I then disconnected them and shortly after saved-and-quit do do something IRL for a couple hours, then loaded the map again and lo behold, they suddenly spiked up to almost 1GW each and stayed there for half an hour, I then started to break the lines to see where it was coming from but it wasn't until I re-placed one line right behind the first steam grate that they then spun down and ran out of steam.

what does your logic do on wrapping or floating-error (if you use floating point)?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
no, I was sure I tested that it wasn't just built up steam, they were generating only ~100MW each when attached to the reactor, I then disconnected them and shortly after saved-and-quit do do something IRL for a couple hours, then loaded the map again and lo behold, they suddenly spiked up to almost 1GW each and stayed there for half an hour, I then started to break the lines to see where it was coming from but it wasn't until I re-placed one line right behind the first steam grate that they then spun down and ran out of steam.

what does your logic do on wrapping or floating-error (if you use floating point)?
I do neither. It is purely integers, and the only operations that involve the steam levels transfer an amount between pipes.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013

If you're so concerned that steam lines aren't working properly, whack the steam lines with an angular transducer to see exactly how much steam they contain. High pressure turbines tend to consume more steam than they actually need to function and prevent steam lines from getting very full (try filling some steam lines up to 100,000 m^3 and watch how quickly a HPT will drain them), but if you're only using standard turbines and steam grates, steam will readily build up.

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
I do neither. It is purely integers, and the only operations that involve the steam levels transfer an amount between pipes.

awesome, integer tends to work better on CPU than floating and is also atomic compatible, however is this signed or unsigned? if you're using an unsigned int its quite possible that it could have wrapped around on draining and hence made a dupe bug, possibly could have been the steam grates instead however.

If you're so concerned that steam lines aren't working properly, whack the steam lines with an angular transducer to see exactly how much steam they contain. High pressure turbines tend to consume more steam than they actually need to function and prevent steam lines from getting very full (try filling some steam lines up to 100,000 m^3 and watch how quickly a HPT will drain them), but if you're only using standard turbines and steam grates, steam will readily build up.

completely forgot about that, I guess Ill have to remember to check it if it occurs again...

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Suppose your fusion reactor generates 28 GW (which should be not too far away from what it actually does if you build all four plasma injectors), you can run it for about three hours to fill an ElectriCraft Auroral Battery, then power your infrastructure off that for the next few weeks.

Reactions: Pyure

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
awesome, integer tends to work better on CPU than floating and is also atomic compatible, however is this signed or unsigned? if you're using an unsigned int its quite possible that it could have wrapped around on draining and hence made a dupe bug, possibly could have been the steam grates instead however.
Java has no unsigned primitives.

Suppose your fusion reactor generates 28 GW (which should be not too far away from what it actually does if you build all four plasma injectors), you can run it for about three hours to fill an ElectriCraft Auroral Battery, then power your infrastructure off that for the next few weeks.
Mine is generating almost twice that, with 6 HP turbines.

And this is why v25 is introducing an unlimited RF cable.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Will it look like TE's fluxducts retextured or are you going to create your own design?
59KZULT.png

ftcAtfz.png

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Curious, why not change the gold with Electrum? (If available)
I suspect because Reika doesn't want this to be dependent on the presence of TE. While TE has introduced RF; there are many mods that use it now, so that's not an unthinkable scenario. And making alternate recipes dependent on mods present may be considered too much work for too little gain.

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net

I never really thought of that, and would work quite well in that sense...

Java has no unsigned primitives.

oh no of course it doesn't... :rolleyes:

now that's just awesome, actually gives me a reason now to make a higher tier and/or multi-block inverter, my current one is capped to (10KRF/2048EU) /t due to the conduit limit.

however I'm still pickled at a good use for the power, if I went for a full reactor running 24/7 it would only take a little more than 2 hours to fully charge 1BEU power storage, and that'll run all my OCed machines for quite a while, and mining lasers and mass fabs wise I'm not going to go for much more than a stack or two each as I don't want to be butchering my server...

any ideas for fun power-hungry setups? or any mod ideas that we could use this level of power for?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
any ideas for fun power-hungry setups? or any mod ideas that we could use this level of power for?
I had this idea of a teleporting base. Unfortunately, it' now dead because ME spatial storage has too many blocks it doesn't move, and MFFS teleporting takes so long that it's no fun, and can't be sped up by adding more power.

So...yeah....looking for the same kind of thing as you.

(I'm going to do some experiments though. Like...what will happen if I power a boring machine with 267 MW).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
however I'm still pickled at a good use for the power, if I went for a full reactor running 24/7 it would only take a little more than 2 hours to fully charge 1BEU power storage, and that'll run all my OCed machines for quite a while, and mining lasers and mass fabs wise I'm not going to go for much more than a stack or two each as I don't want to be butchering my server...

These power levels were designed for endgame RotaryCraft. Start overclocking entire banks of machines such that every single one runs at an operation per tick. 8 Extractors will cost you a gigawatt. 36 Borers will cost you 6+ GW.

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
my goodness that V25 changelog, you sure love to do it all in one hit...

I had this idea of a teleporting base. Unfortunately, it' now dead because ME spatial storage has too many blocks it doesn't move, and MFFS teleporting takes so long that it's no fun, and can't be sped up by adding more power.

So...yeah....looking for the same kind of thing as you.

(I'm going to do some experiments though. Like...what will happen if I power a boring machine with 267 MW).

well, winknudgewink frame machinery similar to that of redpower2 was something I was going to make in a mod, with of course the ability to teleport it, alongside various other wizardry like that, whether or not Ill get back to actually making that mod completely is another story...

These power levels were designed for endgame RotaryCraft. Start overclocking entire banks of machines such that every single one runs at an operation per tick. 8 Extractors will cost you a gigawatt. 36 Borers will cost you 6+ GW.

oh yea, kinda forgot about your power ramp, though Ive been running 4 extractors at a decent speed on just a tier 3 magneostatic engine, only 1MW but works fast enough for me to process a diamond chest of ores while Im buisy for the week.

the problem that's getting me atm is just the shear power a single HP turbine generates from only a portion of a fusion reactor, kinda hits me in the 'effeciency OCD' in that I must use the entire setup 100%, the power ramp just seems to skyrocket too harsh and generates a virtually infinite amount of power when converted to other mods.

but I guess that's mostly just my opinion, I'm used to the game being hard and a relatively linear ramp, always had gregtech since 1.4 and on a dedicated server running 24/7.