mult *= 2;
       if (power/MINPOWER >= 256)
         mult *= 2;
       if (power/MINPOWER >= 1024)
         mult *= 2;
       if (power/MINPOWER >= 4096)
         mult *= 2;
     }
Knowing that MINPOWER = 1024, that means you can get 2x multiplication at 16kW, 4x at 65kW, 8x at 262kW, 16x at 1MW, and 32x at 4MW.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
How does RotaryCraft's pump compare to XU's liquid transfer node with 64 mining upgrade and 64 speed upgrade?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: YX33A

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
4 MW ...that is like 2 turbines or 8 Hydrokinetics just to power a pump...

But then again, by the time you have the materials for a Fusion reactor, that should be easy to get i guess.

Reactions: abculatter_2

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Have you tried other forms of liquid transport? If they're faster, it might help
It's not an issue of liquid transport, it's that a single ring of boilers, even if supplied with dozens of buckets/tick, will not dissipate heat fast enough to keep the neutron absorbers from melting. I had tried something like 10 infinite reservoirs per boiler, and was actively checking the boilers with an angular transducer to ensure that their tanks weren't emptying, and the absorbers would always melt regardless.

I've noticed that boilers seem to create a multiblock if stacked vertically, perhaps stacking them 2 or 3 blocks high would work.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
It's not an issue of liquid transport, it's that a single ring of boilers, even if supplied with dozens of buckets/tick, will not dissipate heat fast enough to keep the neutron absorbers from melting. I had tried something like 10 infinite reservoirs per boiler, and was actively checking the boilers with an angular transducer to ensure that their tanks weren't emptying, and the absorbers would always melt regardless.

I've noticed that boilers seem to create a multiblock if stacked vertically, perhaps stacking them 2 or 3 blocks high would work.
Perhaps, though I do admit that for a moment, I was going to suggest more boilers, further away... :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Hey EyeDeck, silly question; are you using latest version of ReactorCraft? I think he's on V19 atm. Sorry if this is already answered above.

Reika's working on building his own legitimate fusion reactor these days (when he's not pimpin out new mod code), so it'll be cool to see how his goes.

In theory I am too but...its gonna be a few days before I can actually MC at all. Bleh.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Reika's working on building his own legitimate fusion reactor these days (when he's not pimpin out new mod code), so it'll be cool to see how his goes.
That sounds dangerous, does he have the proper degrees in physics and an authorization to do it? Does he have the budget?

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Hey EyeDeck, silly question; are you using latest version of ReactorCraft? I think he's on V19 atm. Sorry if this is already answered above.

In theory I am too but...its gonna be a few days before I can actually MC at all. Bleh.
Last I was toying with it was on v18d.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

I am trying this in my design.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Well, it does seem to work.
mUYHifc.jpg
The central boilers are stacked three blocks high. The ones along the edges don't even get to 100 C, so even having boilers there at all isn't really necessary.

I guess I'll have to turn it on for a while and see how long it takes for a neutron absorber to melt. It's definitely doing better than any unstacked setup has.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well, it does seem to work.
The central boilers are stacked three blocks high. The ones along the edges don't even get to 100 C, so even having boilers there at all isn't really necessary.
I guess I'll have to turn it on for a while and see how long it takes for a neutron absorber to melt. It's definitely doing better than any unstacked setup has.
I am doing a slightly different design, one I find more aesthetically pleasing:
8TuLSoS.png

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
This comment and Danilus video showing stacked pebblebed reactor brings up an interesting question. You wrote the code and the answer isn't anywhere else I can find. Are reactors intended to exist in only a single Y plane, or is there benefit to stacking conventional reactors as well??

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This comment and Danilus video showing stacked pebblebed reactor brings up an interesting question. You wrote the code and the answer isn't anywhere else I can find. Are reactors intended to exist in only a single Y plane, or is there benefit to stacking conventional reactors as well??
Increased output, at the cost of more fuel and more difficult thermal control.

The control rods and CPUs only work in one plane, so you will need to control each layer individually.