Would anyone else like to have a "vanilla" option/ pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
@OP: As I posted earlier in a very similar thread, I, too, support the suggestion of adding a pack with MC 1.5, Forge, and FML. This could also be used as an "in-development" official FTB pack (FTB-BETA-B?), by adding mods as they update. Which is, after all, essentially what I would be doing, anyway.

For the MultiMC proponents: It's not that I have anything against MultiMC, but more that I don't already have it on my computer, and I don't really want to install yet another program to get a functionality that's almost provided by a program that I do have. Laziness, if you want to think about it that way.

Reactions: Yuka

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah so far our only options is to either play Vanilla, download yet another program or wait weeks/ months for updates.
This would make things so nice and simple!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, for those who don't mind a bit of work, you can do this already. Conveniently, the Brony pack has, indeed, updated to 1.5.1. Now, I'm assuming that no one here actually uses that pack, right? Ok, launch and install the pack, let it run once. Now quit out and go back through and click the edit mod pack button. Disable all the mods. ALL OF THEM, make sure you check all three tabs.. Close and relaunch, if you've done this step right, you will still get that silly little animation on launch, but you will end up in Vanilla 1.5.1. Quit out. Now, go out and grab the latest Forge, and again click the Edit Mod Pack button. Add the Minecraft Forge to the Jarmods section (for those wondering, for some odd reason the Brony pack uses liteloader, and not Forge). Close and relaunch. Now you have Vanilla Minecraft 1.5.1 and Forge.

A bit complicated, but from there on out you now have your own Forge version of Minecraft 1.5.1 to play with as you please. Just ignore any update warnings. Oh, and if you want to get rid of the clutter, go into the Brony folder and delete anything in the mod directory, just not the mod directory itself.

Reactions: BeastFeeder