Worst teacher you've ever had?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I am at school, and just now I had a geography, with the absolute, number one, most idiotic teacher I've ever had.

Geography on its own is a bit boring. This guy? He treats us like year fucking six. He reads about as slow as humanly possible, directly off of an age-old powerpoint. He tells us to do stuff like graphs, then turns out he told us fucking wrong. We are two minutes late to the lesson, BAM punishment. He is the peak of what is wrong with our education system. He is a geographer, not a geography teacher.

Can you guys relate?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
I had a teacher that at the beginning of the year did the normal "do this lets see how much you know" stuff. Second week of the semester he told us we were behind in our education and says hes going to change that. What does he do?
Make us write 30 minutes of journals everyday and the whole time were doing that he's talking to one kid as loud as he can about basketball most days he went over by 10-15 minutes and we only had 25 minutes of real class.

And to think these people are getting paid 80k a year....

Reactions: SpitefulFox

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
My worst teachers were/are:

1Last year's Georgraphy teacher. She was just teachning for 1 more year, and then RETIREMENT. But she wanted us to suffer while she was here... First off, I DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING last year. At least not from her. But we still have tests. Second, she was kinda crazy and VERY stupid. A friend told me that in his class, this same teacher insultted a girl JUST BECAUSE SHE HAD CANSER. Yup. And it goes on and on. Stupid things like this. She once called the police because a student was using a fucking cell phone!!! And in the last class, she spent 50 minutes talking about aliens and "lil' Wormy Hollies". AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2The past 3 years and this year's History teacher. This one is just....weird. I also didn't learn anything from her, neither I am thinkning I ma going to, this year. She's just weird! She doesn't know anything about history. I get 50 minutes of insulting students because their stupid. Oh, but just the stuppid ones, fortunatelly. Last year, she was preparing for a mouth operation. That was the strangest part. She started sleeping during classes. We had to wake her up. Oh, and she's always talking about her daughter. I personally, have seen her daughter (she lives near school), and, I have to admitt, she wasn't that uggly, but not pretty either. Wish me luck for this year.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Not exactly a teacher, but the principal of my school goes out of his way to make rules to counteract every move and action I take. I would suspect the school board itself is worse, though, so I won't complain until the law gets involved.

And no, I'm not "that" guy who swears constantly and has a hat made of weed backwards on his head.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I have a terrible history teacher who tries to be cool and use memes, but always fails. She's also one of those people who misuses "trolling" so badly.

Bobodamonkey

Jul 29, 2019
I had a shop teacher who got so pissed off at the class on two separate occasions that he clenched a fist full of nails and threw them across the room almost hitting a student as well as punching his pedestal so hard it cracked in half. Needless to say, he's gone now. I also had a P.E./Health teacher that got arrested for doing the stuff he specifically taught us not to do. He's back and teaching again, somehow.

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
Definitely my Botany professor, the lady had a monotone voice, never smiled, and never taught. We'd sit there and all she would say was "Well if you read your book" 1. You are a teacher, you are supposed to being TEACHing. 2. It helps if you know the material you are trying to teach and students aren't giving you answers. 3. I paid a large sum of money to hear words that are supposed to educate me come out of your mouth, start talking skippy.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
I had one years ago, my history teacher. All he did in class was read some notes that he wrote like 20 years prior. That's it, 50 minutes of him droning on and on. No homework, no text, just lectures and 3 tests all year. Made me wonder how he kept his job. Then I remembered that he was also the varsity football coach.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Two years ago, I had a good teacher (I liked him). However, he got cancer at early April. He hasn't passed away and he managed to go through cancer with little to no problems. However, the substitute... She was downright boring. Everyday, the same thing, slightly different subject. Almost no words spoken by her. Discussed soap operas with the girls who did nothing. Almost made me hate History.

Last year's Portuguese teacher also qualifies. She was just like Ex's teacher, just... Weirder. Like, weird. This year's Portuguese teacher is all "nature" 'n' shit, but she couldn't manage to get her own son to be a reader of anything but comics or get good grades. He's 15.
I've seen so many teachers fail with subjects they should know because they think they know how most people work. A psychological test would help a lot with the classes.

Reactions: the_j485 and dgdas9

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently taking a class called "Level Design II". The class is supposed to be about learning how to make computer games.

Our teacher, however, thinks games are stupid and considers all gamers to be pathetic basement dwellers, and wastes no time letting us know that at every opportunity. On the first day of class, he came in and lectured us about the importance of getting outside and doing things instead of playing games. He's constantly saying how stupid games are and throwing around insults like "geek" or "nerd." The only reason he's even teaching the class is for the money.

If that weren't obnoxious enough, he's also a terrible teacher. The guy doesn't actually know how to program, so he's just been teaching everyone to make very primitive cookie cutter games using premade assets in the Unreal Dev Kit. Whenever he shows us how to do something, he just rushes through it without bothering to wait for people to catch up, so we always come out just as clueless as when we went in.

The class had 10 people at the start and now there are only 3 students left because everyone's dropped.

So, yeah... worst teacher. :p

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, all of my SOSE (Social Science) teachers ended up getting fired hmm..

one particular had no clue how to do percentages so on a test with 60 questions, he believed that getting 60/60 was worth 60% correct
He then asked me to remark everyones tests (yes I got to mark and see everyone elses exam papers) as he was wondering why the highest mark in the class was a B-
Strangely enough, I got the highest mark in the class with 58/60 xD People though there may have been some foul play involved after that and lo and behold he was fired a month later.
I still wonder if its because he let me mark those tests.

oh and don't get me started on the substitute teacher i had for Maths C (Highest maths subject for year 11) when he decided to teach us about number lines (yes, even how to add on a number line) and ended up getting -5 minus -3 wrong by saying it was 4

EDIT: There is also my graphics teacher, he came new to the school this year from new zealand. Now, he taught at a professional graphics school in new zealand and expected that level of profession from us. He came in and realised we hadn't been taught how to sketch properly (no-one ever refers back to the sketches we make anyways) so instead of doing a term on making a beach house in a cad program, it was doing sketches for a beach house, all in 3D, no CAD program and in reality no graphics. So after that term he decides to introduce to us Adobe InDesign CS2, we had to use that instead of PowerPoint and trust me, CS2 is OOLDD technology and it was sometimes incompatible with Windows 7. He kept showing us examples of portfolios from the graphics school and saying that we should do better than this, but the thing was, that those portfolios were part of a project that lasted the WHOLE YEAR, our assignment was to be done in 8 Weeks.

I rest my case

50Death

Jul 29, 2019
One of my worst teachers would be the one that "taught" me CPSD, this dude was doing nothing but reading everything from the powerpoint word for word, then he told us to write it all down while he was looking at his fucking facebook

Reactions: PeggleFrank

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
When I was in second grade, my parents worked a lot, right? My brothers generally took care of me, though, and made sure I didn't hurt myself. Well, the only way I could get home was on the bus because of this. My second grade teacher made me stay after school and write sentences because I forgot my library book. I had to get a ride home from the principal. I hate that demon to this day.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
PokeFenn, I kinda had a teacher like that:

He gave us a sheet, asking our opinions on things, and I answered generally "not true" or "doesn't exist" etc, and he marked me fucking down for that, saying I was being "narrow-minded".

I almost turned back round and said the same to him, with an addition of motherfucker, and a bitchslap.

Spaciouz

Jul 29, 2019
Had this guy for French for two years. He had a serious problem with humping his table. I'm not joking, he'd be thrusting his pelvis at it while we were working. He also had a problem with sweat, and loved to put his arms up, stretching, and show it off. He also brushes his teeth every lunch time. I was walking through the school at lunch and he just walked past me with a toothbrush and toothpaste.

I don't even want to start on his shite teaching techniques.

Reactions: PeggleFrank