World corruption?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
World corruption?
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Direwolf20 1.7.10
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
When playing my world, I had a power outage which caused a certain problem. Whenever I open a world (or try to create one) it will begin doing so, then go back to the main menu. This happens endlessly, and I'm not sure what the log can help with, I just thought it might be of use.
I have added a few mods to my pack (a couple thaumcraft addons, technomancy, and extracells) and I have removed Factorization, because it was crashing my game.
If my world is corrupted, which I suspect it is, is there any way to recover it, preferably keeping my items and buildings. Backups aren't an option, my last backup was 4 days before the issue, and I have done most of everything in that time.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Well, one way to most likely get your world to load would be to temporarily disable EnderStorage mod, load up your world, exit and re-enable the mod. This'll cause all items in Endercontainers from the mod to be lost sadly :(

Reactions: adamich

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
Well, one way to most likely get your world to load would be to temporarily disable EnderStorage mod, load up your world, exit and re-enable the mod. This'll cause all items in Endercontainers from the mod to be lost sadly :(
To clarify, have you looked at the log and found that ES is the problem? If it is, that's not bad at all. I only use ES for my quarry and lava.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
  • java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
  • at codechicken.enderstorage.api.EnderStorageManager.load(EnderStorageManager.java:109) ~[EnderStorageManager.class:?]
  • at codechicken.enderstorage.api.EnderStorageManager.<init>(EnderStorageManager.java:80) ~[EnderStorageManager.class:?]

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify, have you looked at the log and found that ES is the problem? If it is, that's not bad at all. I only use ES for my quarry and lava.
I did look at the log, but the reason I said "most likely" is because when you suddenly lose power, a lot of things can get corrupted. The log just said that EnderStorage was the first one to throw a fit, could've been something beyond that :I