Witchery Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Vampiric Poppets.... Do they constantly transfer the damage you take each time you take it, or is there a delayed tick? So like you get hit, then there is a small internal cooldown on the vampiric's transfer and if you take damage during this it actually applies to you instead of the bound target. And does distance matter between you and the bound target?

So for example if I bound one to a Cow, and then went underwater and started to drown... I wouldn't drown but the Cow would correct?

If so, does this work on non-standard mobs, like ones with more HP then normal. Like mobs added by other mods, as there are some mobs that have more then the 20 HP that Zombies/skellies/etc have I think Endermen are the only vanilla mob with 40 HP... Or even ones that are setup to be healed (Witches, Zombies on the TiCo healing soil think its called Graveyard Soil?).

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Vampiric Poppets.... Do they constantly transfer the damage you take each time you take it, or is there a delayed tick? So like you get hit, then there is a small internal cooldown on the vampiric's transfer and if you take damage during this it actually applies to you instead of the bound target.
It's irrelevant as the damage that is dealt to you when drowning has a delay. But if you really want an answer, no there should not be an internal cooldown.
And does distance matter between you and the bound target?
No.
So for example if I bound one to a Cow, and then went underwater and started to drown... I wouldn't drown but the Cow would correct?
Sort of. The cow wouldn't drown per say, it would take damage.
If so, does this work on non-standard mobs, like ones with more HP then normal. Like mobs added by other mods, as there are some mobs that have more then the 20 HP that Zombies/skellies/etc have I think Endermen are the only vanilla mob with 40 HP... Or even ones that are setup to be healed (Witches, Zombies on the TiCo healing soil think its called Graveyard Soil?).
It should, but remember that the actual poppet has its own durability as well, which goes away fairly quickly. I recommend reading this article: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Vampiric_Poppet

Reactions: dwappo and Padfoote

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
How is the damage calculated if the durability if it is 1000? Does that mean that each tick of damage = 1 durability loss on the poppet, or does each tick of damage mean like 5 or 60 durability lost?

(if the first one is the case, then that thing is kinda fun >:3)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
How is the damage calculated if the durability if it is 1000? Does that mean that each tick of damage = 1 durability loss on the poppet, or does each tick of damage mean like 5 or 60 durability lost?

(if the first one is the case, then that thing is kinda fun >:3)
I honestly can't figure it out. It seems to me like 4-5 hits and it gets broken, but I haven't toyed around with it in a while and I'm too lazy to open my test instance :p

Reactions: dwappo

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I see xD. It's more of an annoyance than a "kill your opponent by crafting one and running into a creeper" kind of thing. Still pretty useful >:3

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So, since the new version of Witchery just came out I had to install it and play around with it (actually though, I had to, it's my "job" :p )

I guess the Vampiric Poppet has broken since I last played with it, or I can't remember how it works. But I tried for a while, so I think it's the former :(