(WIP) Project X - Survival Wasteland Modpack

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Bit quite from me, so here's an update:

Advanced Rocketry had an update, with Oxygen System and Fuel System. This really now means AR will be the main space mod. I love it's machines, and they are going to be required for getting to the "advanced magical" single block machines (aka Mekanism, Thermal Expansion, EnderIO, etc) so they will be part of your core base, constantly being used, instead of being on the side and hardly used.
I'm thinking of not using the Wasteland Mods world type, so that I can define my own overworld with more biomes (and potentially tweak some for custom biomes). Downside is no cities from the Wasteland Mod but they don't really offer much towards this pack, but there is another way to get "cities"
I've removed Zombie Awareness and I'm thinking of totally disabling Blood Moons. Both get tedious after a while, detracting from the main game play.

Reactions: glepet1962

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Opinion Poll time: Teleportation

Many mods include teleportation, which is great, as that's an mid/late game goal of Project X, for each of zipping about without needing spaceships all the time, but I want to limit the pack to the one teleportation system. Which mod do you feel offers the best teleportation system for a tech themed pack. Crafting recipes do not matter, as they can be changed, but key factors are Ease of Use, Snazzyness, and Power Requirements.
The pack currently includes teleportation options from EnderIO, Mekansim and Matter Overdrive.
I'd say use Matter Overdrive. It fits great with MO's general theme, and also the pack's general theme.

HeroGabe

Jul 29, 2019
Bit quite from me, so here's an update:

Advanced Rocketry had an update, with Oxygen System and Fuel System. This really now means AR will be the main space mod. I love it's machines, and they are going to be required for getting to the "advanced magical" single block machines (aka Mekanism, Thermal Expansion, EnderIO, etc) so they will be part of your core base, constantly being used, instead of being on the side and hardly used.
I'm thinking of not using the Wasteland Mods world type, so that I can define my own overworld with more biomes (and potentially tweak some for custom biomes). Downside is no cities from the Wasteland Mod but they don't really offer much towards this pack, but there is another way to get "cities"
I've removed Zombie Awareness and I'm thinking of totally disabling Blood Moons. Both get tedious after a while, detracting from the main game play.
A person suggested a tool called Ruins. It's a mod that allows for custom dungeons/world gen.