(WIP) Project X - Survival Wasteland Modpack

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Yep, BC included. I'm aiming to have it to that's your early game automation/item routing system but with Immersive Engineering & Mekanism for power transfer. So many mods now adding power transfer and item transfer, need to work out recipe changes to match my ideas with the space exploration side of things.
Cool! Since you mentioned an AE/RFTools progression system, how about Extra Cells? Allows fluids into the ME system.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Going to follow this pack and, maybe, give it a try. Personally, I'm just tired of Thaumcraft - I removed it from my Infinity based pack and any other pack i try. Looks like you are going to make it a necessary mod in this pack though?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Going to follow this pack and, maybe, give it a try. Personally, I'm just tired of Thaumcraft - I removed it from my Infinity based pack and any other pack i try. Looks like you are going to make it a necessary mod in this pack though?
Been thinking about it, and will not be making TC a requirement. I have another idea to craft the magical crops. TC is included for flavour, but you can totally ignore the mod if you wish.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Decided to switch Magical Crops for Agricraft - Not only does this allow for breeding other crops, but has the key resource crops that magical crops has, but is more "lightweight" (aka, no extras). Saves me from "reinventing" the wheel.
May also include Pams Harvestcraft. A first for me, not fan of the mod, but that's usually because it's used in modpacks with Hunger Overhaul on default settings, nerfing all food like mad, turning the game into a cooking simulator.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Wow! So cool pack! Can't wait for it! :)
And it called "Project X" becouse of ProjectE mod?
No, I just suck at naming things, so, "Project X" :p

I do like the AgriCraft resource crops. Plain, simple, but could still be a pain to get a large farm running. Combined with tweaking a custom soil type and some other things should result in more effort required to get growable ores.
Overworld based quests are going well, they don't hold you hand. None of this "collect X clay", "now make X bricks", "now make X things from those bricks". Straight to the end product requirement, with you working out your options from what you've either learned, hunted in NEI, or found in the world.

Verson 1 is going to be unbalanced as hell, especially with dealing with water, food and sanity (aka radiation), but not being a hardcore map (just questing), if you die, doesn't matter, you are still progressing.
Fun fact, you could actually play the pack and totally ignore the HQM side of things. It would be much more difficult and slower, but totally possible.

Nybik

Jul 29, 2019
No, I just suck at naming things, so, "Project X" :p

I do like the AgriCraft resource crops. Plain, simple, but could still be a pain to get a large farm running. Combined with tweaking a custom soil type and some other things should result in more effort required to get growable ores.
Overworld based quests are going well, they don't hold you hand. None of this "collect X clay", "now make X bricks", "now make X things from those bricks". Straight to the end product requirement, with you working out your options from what you've either learned, hunted in NEI, or found in the world.

Verson 1 is going to be unbalanced as hell, especially with dealing with water, food and sanity (aka radiation), but not being a hardcore map (just questing), if you die, doesn't matter, you are still progressing.
Fun fact, you could actually play the pack and totally ignore the HQM side of things. It would be much more difficult and slower, but totally possible.
Oh, if you want to do the AgriCraft resource crops, please remove bone seeds. It is so op, when they are 10/10/10. You bonemill them 2 times and they give you 4 bones(4*3=12 bonemeal).

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Oh, if you want to do the AgriCraft resource crops, please remove bone seeds. It is so op, when they are 10/10/10. You bonemill them 2 times and they give you 4 bones(4*3=12 bonemeal).
Magical Crops isn't in the pack, but AgriCraft does now come with it's own ore crop system, which I'm using instead.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
No, I just suck at naming things, so, "Project X"

Challenge accepted.

Hey Golrith! You almost definitely don't remember me . This is a nice pack you got in development here, I was just thinking, you could include WarpDrive instead of Galacticraft, or even maybe as well as. I mean it's very complicated, and you probably would need to hold the player's hand through it, and I don't know if you could implement it, but it's an amazing mod. To put it simply, it's Archimedes ships crossed with Galacticraft, in an infinitely generating space with proper gravity around planets and large asteroids etc. It might be hard to implement, but I would suggest at least having a look at the mod.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Challenge accepted.

Hey Golrith! You almost definitely don't remember me . This is a nice pack you got in development here, I was just thinking, you could include WarpDrive instead of Galacticraft, or even maybe as well as. I mean it's very complicated, and you probably would need to hold the player's hand through it, and I don't know if you could implement it, but it's an amazing mod. To put it simply, it's Archimedes ships crossed with Galacticraft, in an infinitely generating space with proper gravity around planets and large asteroids etc. It might be hard to implement, but I would suggest at least having a look at the mod.
Challenge accepted :p I always give mods a go first in creative to get a feel for them. The outer space side of things is still "hazy" at the moment, apart from restricting certain resources to out there.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Would anyone like to give the pack a test a this early stage? If so, send me a PM.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Playing with radiation (aka insanity) in my test world, and retexuring GUI a bit to reflect changes.

2015-11-11_20.03.38.png

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Nice! By the way, did you try WarpDrive?
Took a look at the forum topic and watched a review from 1.6.4 era. Wasn't keen. While a very clever mod, the requirements for computer craft to jump move a static base (aka your ship) about was a big turn off. Not a fan of Computer Craft within Minecraft, too much of using a screen in a screen to play a game. Both CC and WD I feel are very niche mods for a specific playerbase.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Took a look at the forum topic and watched a review from 1.6.4 era. Wasn't keen. While a very clever mod, the requirements for computer craft to jump move a static base (aka your ship) about was a big turn off. Not a fan of Computer Craft within Minecraft, too much of using a screen in a screen to play a game. Both CC and WD I feel are very niche mods for a specific playerbase.
Fair enough. I think if they 'archimedified' WarpDrive it would be a lot more popular.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Fair enough. I think if they 'archimedified' WarpDrive it would be a lot more popular.
Agreed, if there was a way of controlling your ship as a player entity, with a special toolbar to replicate the functions that Computer Craft handles, you'd see a lot of action. Doubt the MC engine could handle it though :p

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Agreed, if there was a way of controlling your ship as a player entity, with a special toolbar to replicate the functions that Computer Craft handles, you'd see a lot of action. Doubt the MC engine could handle it though
I don't know, WarpDrive doesn't have that many commands.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That looks amazing, even so far with just the multiblock machines, what they make can easily replace other mods crafting items, making everything look more technical beyond furnace/crafting table crafting. I'm 95% certain I'll replace GalacticCraft with Advanced Rocketry.

Opinion Poll time: Teleportation

Many mods include teleportation, which is great, as that's an mid/late game goal of Project X, for each of zipping about without needing spaceships all the time, but I want to limit the pack to the one teleportation system. Which mod do you feel offers the best teleportation system for a tech themed pack. Crafting recipes do not matter, as they can be changed, but key factors are Ease of Use, Snazzyness, and Power Requirements.
The pack currently includes teleportation options from EnderIO, Mekansim and Matter Overdrive.