Will you bother with Ultimate?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guy's i was wondering if you guy's are just going to stop with your Direwolf20 or Mindcrack pack whatever pack your using and make a whole new world in the Ultimate pack?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I will most definitely be using Ultimate. I created my world now knowing full well that it won't last forever, as with all my worlds. I kinda get bored after I get towards pseudo-creative mode, which is why I think Gregtech is awesome.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
That depends on if ultimate is easily backwards compatible with MindCrack. Otherwise, though, I don't see anything ultimate has that I don't already have. I may just add the one-offs.

Futalis

Jul 29, 2019
I heard mention that they were making it so that worlds from mindcrack and direwolf could be converted to the ultimate. So if it's possible my server will. However if not, we shall continue to use mindcrack and manually add mystcraft in on the side. :D

. I kinda get bored after I get towards pseudo-creative mode, which is why I think Gregtech is awesome.

Personally I'm very close to just banning the gravisuit mod and the vajra on my server. If you want creative mode, even pseudo creative mode, then go play creative mode.

(Also bee's with unstable bee effect eat people with gravisuits ;) )

superriku11

Jul 29, 2019
Personally the Mindcrack pack is already the ultimate pack to me. It's the best pack there could be, plus or minus a few mods, maybe some config changes, and some concepts for mods I have that don't actually exist but I haven't gotten around to developing into mods. So yeah, for me, Mindcrack is about as good as it gets. I have an idea of what Ultimate is going to be like, and honestly I don't like it as much.

Whinoa

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just stay with the mindcrack pack. The other guys on my server already have a pretty low framerate, so I think ultimate wouldn't be any better for them.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guy's i was wondering if you guy's are just going to stop with your Direwolf20 or Mindcrack pack whatever pack your using and make a whole new world in the Ultimate pack?

We played on Beta for absolutely ages and completely ignored both the DW and MC 1.4.6 packs because they either had mod we didn't want or they didn't have mods that we did want. The plan was to stick with Beta until Ulti was released but once DW decided to add Twilight Forest we changed to use his pack and are completely happy with its content now. So no, it's unlikely we'll won't be changing to Ulti unless it has something really good that won't be in DW, but we definitely won't be starting a new world. All that serves to do is piss off your server players who quickly discover everything they've built in the past few months has been for nothing.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Our server runs mindcrack, and we just had a discussion with the server players as to whether we should switch to ultimate or not.

We decided it would be done. The main reason is that our world is a mess. Over time we have added adittional mods that we assume would be in the ultimate pack. Some of these require new world gen.

With the ultimate, and all the bug fixes and extra mods included, its probably wise to create a new world. Nobody wants to travel 1000s of blocks or create mystcraft ages to get new content.

On top of that, our players learnt so much in the past couple of months that they quite enjoy the thought of a new world where they can apply their knowledge.

In any case, its a hard decision. Took almost 2h to get to a consensus.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
[...]a new world[...]

This has been on my mind, as it's only been about two months for my server as well, but in that time I've already got enough new data to make a new start interesting. Maybe I'll just host another server (I've already got a vanilla 1.4.7 server, as well as a vanilla 1.4.7 server with a custom map set up, what is one more server, right?).

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I will.

I will be removing mods from any pack they put up so by using the ultimate I will have access to all of the mods in a single pack and I can pick and choose the ones I actually want.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
im gonna migrate to the ultimate from the mindcrack one, but im keeping the difficulty settings for the mods both have in common from the mindcrack. SO hard mode gregtech ftw.

/manu

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Depends what extra mods are in it, we already added Mystcraft to the MindCrack pack, it's going to need something very tempting and tbh I think we have all that minus the official logi pipes.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
If the ultimate pack has backward compatibility, I might use it ofr Greg tech and advanced solars. Otherwise, I won't. Tough decision.

UncagedBlue

Jul 29, 2019
I played a little in the beta pack, but was annoyed how Direwolf's server video had all the mods, and all the packs were missing something or another. So I'm waiting for Ultimate, and have been for months... :c It's rather painful.

Reactions: Confidential1207

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Probably not. I'll take a look at what it contains, and if it's anything that interests me, I'll add it to the Mindcrack pack and keep playing with that.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
This entire time I have been building a world designed for FTB Ultimate, or at least what I expect it to be. Naturally as soon as it shows up I'm switching to it and it'll be the pack we run our private server on as well.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I am pretty sure I am already playing ultimate in my letsplay test/warmup world. I have a pretty good guess what's going to be there (and I am pretty sure I am adding AE).

I dunno if I have the fortitude to actually release a letsplay tho. :(

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Depends if Mindcrack will continue to be updated and supported, if not we wont have any choice but to switch.

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
Likely not. I waited for a rather long time for FTB Tech and eventually snapped, and then I ended up with a personal MultiMC configuration with 134 mods in it. I'm much happier now rolling my own stuff again, although the FTB Forums themselves are still the greatest place for technical chitchat and ideas. Adding 8 more mods tomorrow, yays!