Will be gregtech in the future FTB packs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
As far as we know, yep. It's in Ultimate/Mindcrack/Tech World now and I haven't heard anything about it being removed.

It's not in Direwolf20/YogCraft/Magic World.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
It's available in one of the FTB Beta packs so don't expect it to be going away anytime soon.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Best case scenario: Multiple config options on download + servers override the client's configs
Worst case scenario: What we have with the 1.4.7 ultimate pack being repeated again with 0 innovation and 0 evolution of the formula.

MrPitchblende

Jul 29, 2019
The worst-case scenario would be Greg adding to the shitty diatribe his mod dumps to chat on startup. I don't understand how it hurts him to just add some bloody config options where we ask them to be. Nobody who is worth his years is comparing "hardmode points".

Reactions: Lambert2191

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who has always had GregTech disabled and thus no particular dog in this fight, the dissent for his approach to 'balance' appears to be growing. He seems to be forcing more and more people into a 'love me or leave me' position and he may find that more and more people choose the latter option. Latest stinky little rumor is that he's going to start shipping GT with the config flag set to disable enchanting tables. I can't see an upside to that. Wait, I can. Maybe he does it and the backlash is enough for him to finally take notice of what people really think about his ideas.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
i've always stuck my middle finger up at GT's "Balance" and wished for him to see it
Oh and by balanced i mean artificial, Grindy BS gameplay

Yo go Girl!!!

Err

Fox!!!

Err...

Yeah, probably a fox.

With guns.

Never mind, this looks kinda dangerous. Outta here.

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
yep *coughsteelnuggetsforflintandsteel*

Kinda dumb to make that change before he put in the consumable "matches" that he's planning, but at least you can light portals with fire charges, and blaze powder from cinderpearl flowers isn't too hard to find.

bary3000

Jul 29, 2019
actually, i'm ok with gregtech, i just want the old IC2 recpies. i know i can change the config files but i can't do that on a server.

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like GT, mainly due to the added gameplay it adds, however completely changing things which don't relate to his mod is going to far.
Also, i swear chrissy is a cat/human hybrid, like what was wanted to be achieved in the HIVE series of books...But no one reads books nowadays.