Why Update to 1.7

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Now THERE'S some great info! Yes, I mean, no ids is a great step forward, but SERIOUSLY, what took them so long to do this?!

Because there is literally no benefit unless mods are involved. And Mojang didn't care about mods until recently. (And the fact that they are means big changes are probably coming - possibly converting Minecraft from a game into more of a game engine).

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Because there is literally no benefit unless mods are involved. And Mojang didn't care about mods until recently. (And the fact that they are means big changes are probably coming - possibly converting Minecraft from a game into more of a game engine).

TFC uses mc as an engine.

Reactions: 1SDAN

NotBioxx

Jul 29, 2019
1.7 is the current version of MC, therefore people should update to it :3
Ok, the new way ids are handled is fantastic for the players to work with. And takes a lot of work out of the hand of modpack makers.
1.7 world gen is really cool.
1.8 will come after 1.7, not immediately after 1.6, therefore, mods need to update in order to not get left behind.
People are far too tied to 1.6.4, we need to break ties with it and move on. I hate seeing 1.6 mods still updating, it just bugs me. Port then fix, then backport the changes to the 1.6.4 version if it makes sense. Soon(ish) we will have forge for 1.7.9 and will have all of the dumb things with 1.7.2 fixed.
1.7 for a lot of people has no change on performance so that's not really a valid reason.
ok so i will not update terrafirmacraft to 1.7 because of some conflicts with the hunger in 1.7 it will also mess up the hunger and diffrent seasons so i will no not and never (untill someone finds a fix) update this mod!!!

NotBioxx

Jul 29, 2019
ok so i will not update terrafirmacraft to 1.7 because of some conflicts with the hunger in 1.7 it will also mess up the hunger and diffrent seasons so i will no not and never (untill someone finds a fix) update this mod!!!
also i will take any suggestions at [email protected] to update it and if you have a fix i am still working on the conflict...[DOUBLEPOST=1401830546][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry if you don't know me go to this link terrafirmacraft.com/index.htlm look at update 0.78.17 and look who wrote it

NotBioxx

Jul 29, 2019
also i will take any suggestions at [email protected] to update it and if you have a fix i am still working on the conflict...[DOUBLEPOST=1401830546][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry if you don't know me go to this link terrafirmacraft.com/index.htlm look at update 0.78.17 and look who wrote it
terrafirmacraft staff and people have been asking me to update it and i gave them this link[DOUBLEPOST=1401830949][/DOUBLEPOST]
Umm... What?
this guy has been asking for me to help him with bloodmagic youtube.com/users/wearetheredstoneraid

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I'm doubtful o_O The changelogs and forum posts indicate Bioxx uses full grammar with capital letters and periods. I call BS.

Edit: I'm a popular member now! Holy shit yes! :D

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Wow! THE Bioxx on my thread! Then again... you DO only have three posts and all of them are on this thread. :/